Status: Completed

I love him, I hate him

In love yet?

Chapter 4

DO NOT STEAL

Day 17

I felt a breeze in my ear. I warm breeze. Now down my neck. Thinking it was a itch, I reached out to scratch it. But I hit his face.

'Ow,' he whined.

'How'd you know?'

'I didn't. Thought it was a itch,' I smiled. He frowned.

'What were you trying to do anyway?' I asked.

'Nothing. I can't kiss you or lay a finger on you,'he said.

'Damn right you can't,' I smiled. I've gotten used to his presence. I kinda need him after all.

'Hey.You need me,'he said.

'Oh what would I do without you?' I asked sarcastically.

'Exactly,' he smirked.

' Right. now get off the mattress,' I pushed him off. He laid back on his bed.

'Can I confess something?' he seemed pretty bumped thinking about it.

I nodded.

'I'm sorry I treated you like shit before. It was a way to put out my anger and frustration.'

'So you let it all out on me?'

'I wasn't the most manly kid there and I'm pretty sure you know about the bullying thing.'

'Yeah me.'

' Not exactly. I'm a victim too. I was constantly always picked on. People would always say that carter's the cool one. I'm the perty, sissy one.' He imitated an annoying voice.

'...'

'I tried being cool like carter and the badass type. So I picked on you. Also you were too cute, always crying,' he smiled.

'Wow. You are such a jerk. Pick on someone's your own size!' I said.

'I'm pretty sure we're about the same size when we were kids,' he said.

'Now you're calling me fat?' I asked and smiled.

'What? NO.. What are you saying?' he shook his head.

'Sorry, habit of comeback,' I shrugged.

'ANYWAY. No you're not fat for god's sake, please tell me you have eyes,' he said.

'Well, I am a bit pudgy, I gotta lose weight here,' I hit my thighs and frowned. I've always been jealous of all the girl who were skinny. I mean they look so perfect.

'Are you serious? You have curves any girl would die for and and guy would want you!' He looked straight at me. I looked at my feet not wanting to face him. Damn those eyes.

'Pshh.. You're lying. You're just saying that,' I said even though I was a little embarrassed.

I heard him got up and he grabbed my face holding tightly onto my cheeks.

'Do you have any idea you are the most beautiful girl? In the world,' he asked. I pulled away from him.

'Okay enough, I don't want to talk about it anymore,' I turned away. I was about to melt in his warm hands. Those eyes were like fire on a candle and I was the wax melting at the side. He has no idea what kind of effect he has on me.

'Why are you always like that?' he asked.

'What do you mean?' I asked.

'When I'm trying to talk to you seriously you keep looking away,why can you accept the fact?'

'It's not that.' Oh my god do I really have to admit it? I thought. I sighed.

'Then what is it?' I looked away from him. 'Stop looking away.'

'It's your eyes okay?!' I shouted.

'My eyes? What about it?' he asked.

'Your... eyes.. their nice..' I didn't want him get cocky.

'So? I know that,' he said. I rolled my eyes.

'I have soft spot for beautiful eyes, especially on guys. When you stare at me like that, I melt okay!? You're so oblivious to these kinds of things!' I folded my arms. I caught a glimpse of a smirk forming on his face. He was a bit stunned at first.

'Ahh... I see,' he smiled.

'You see?! This is exactly why I can't tell you. You get all cocky and show that stupid smirk of yours,' I said.

'You better not use that on me,' I glared at him but when our eyes met, my cheek burned a little. Carter's eyes were like sapphire but he's were like half-amber half-emerald. Even better than plain sapphire. God why am I thinking of this right now? I thought to myself.

'Of course I won't. Why would I ever do that?' He smirked. He had the upper hand now. I needed to find one of his weakness.

'You owe me one of your secrets now,' I said.

'What? No way,' he said.

'You practically forced me to tell you mine,' I said.

'I didn't force you, I just asked and you gave in. That doesn't count,' he said,

'But you used my weakness against me and that is not fair,' I said.

'Fine, what do you want to know.'

'I dunno. You need to tell me your soft spot for girls like how I did for guys!'

'Okay. I like it when a girl's shy?' he shrugged.

'That is soo not a soft spot,' I rolled my eyes.

'Fine. Okay the scent of a girl's make me shiver,' he said. I saw him flinch and that's when I knew he was telling the truth. He looked as if he wished he didn't say that.

'Okayyy.. seriously?' I face lit up. I saw him get red a little. It was super cute.

'Whatever.' I took a step towards him ad leaned in.

'Do I have a girl's scent?' I asked. I didn't know why. I just thought of asking that at that moment.

'Wha- Why? Of c-course you do. You're a g-girl remember? Pshhh..' he looked away. This kind of freaked me out. The playboy I used to know was now stuttering slash blushing right in front of me.

'Okay. You seem uncomfortable. Sorry,' I frowned.

'It's fine,' he suddenly changed back to his normal self. I guess guys can only be vulnerable for a few seconds.

___________________________________________

'Hey Aayden wanna make out?' Gina Darelle came up to him. I sighed.

'Uhmm..I'm kinda having a vacation from this make out thing,' he said. She rolled her eyes at him.

'You've been like this for almost a month. I thought you'd be okay by now but you're just weirder. Are you committed or something?' she asked. It was none of her business,seriously? I thought. It was good that Aayden was changing up a little. He's less of a jerk and I'm happy he's done with bitches like her.

'Yeah, you can say that. I finally got her attention. Weirdly enough, I'm the only one she can turn to,' he shrugged. I paused for awhile. Did he mean me?

'You're no fun anymore, you were pretty cool like Carter. Now you're.. ugh. You know what? we're done here. You're no longer invited to any of my parties. Have fun with life.' She turned away swaying her petite butt from left to right.

'You too,' he shook his head, rolled his eyes and turned to me.

'What do you see in her anyway?' I asked.

'I don't know. I didn't want to be Aayden. Because people wanted me to be Carter. But you changed my mind. So thank you,' he smiled.

'Aayden I really like the real you, so please tell me this is the real you and not someone else you're trying to be so that we can get along,' I begged. He laughed at that and I assured me it was.

'Well, actually that depends. What do you mean by 'really like'?' he looked at me. This time I didn't turn away. He seemed hopeful.

'What are you trying to ask me exactly?'

'Do you like me or like like me?' he asked.

'You shouldn't asking me this now,' I said. If I were to answer, I couldn't. I admit I don't hate him anymore. I like him. But I wasn't sure whether I like like him or whether I was in love with him. But then again I had no choice. I had to. To exist.

'Why? because you're not sure?' he asked.

'Eggs-actly,' I said.

'You do realize that even if you don't fall in love with me, you have to.'

'I know. Shut up. What is love anyway..' I sighed.

'Love is blind. Once you fall in love, you ignore all these imperfections and you think they're the one. Their everything to you. Like you can't without them. Can't breathe without them..' he looked at me as he went on and on about it. I put my finger on his lips. I know. It's a bit daring but I didn't mean it in a 'shut up and kiss me' way.

'You talk too much,' I said. I held on to my finger. His warmth flowed through my cold finger. I flinched a little.

'You know. You almost gave me the wrong idea for a second. I was about to kiss you,'he said. I slipped my finger out from his hold.

'Who asked you to?' I looked away.

'I can smell a new scent,' he smiled. I was in the girls bathroom and someone left a perfume by the sink. I could tell it was new because of the plastic cover. I sprayed some on my hand and smelt it. It smelt great and very ladylike that I had the urge to steal it but I knew that person would want it back. I just left it there. But before that I sprayed some all over me. Now Aayden's gonna think I did that for him. Sigh.

I told him the whole story.

'Did you just made that up to cover yourself?' he asked.

'No. Really.'

'Alright. Whatever floats your boat.'

'Keep that up and I'll make sure yours crash.'

'Oh you wouldn't do that. You love me too much.'

I glared at him.

'Whatever floats YOUR boat.'

'Don't steal my comeback.'

'Don't be annoying.'

'Don't be so uptight.' I faced him instantly.

'I am NOT uptight,' My voice raised.

'Seriously?'

'You just get on my nerves all the time.'

'Over something stupid.'

'Over my dead body.'

'That doesn't even make any sense.'

'So do you,' I said.

_____________________________________________________

I was lying down on my matress. Feeling lazy, I didn't want to get up.

'What's happening?' Aayden stared at me.

'What do you mean?' I asked.

'Y-you're disappearing!' He shouted. I looked at myself in horror. I was fading yet I felt nothing.

'Aayden?? Aayden!' I reached out for him the same time he did. So close yet so far away. I had no hands. Now no legs.

'LYSHA!'

'Aayden???' I tried to scream but..

He reached out to grab me but all he caught was thin air.

-------------------

'Aayden!!' I screamed.

'Hey, you alright?' Aayden tapped my shoulder. Breathing heavily, I touched my face and looked at him.

'Huh... It was just a bad dream,' I closed my eyes and sighed in relief.

'What'd you dreamt?' he asked as he passed me a towel to wipe my sweat.

'I was disappearing,' I said.

'Disappearing?'

'Fading actually.. I have feeling if we don't fall in love quick and get our true love's kiss, I'm doomed,' I said.

'What do you mean you're doomed?' he got up.

'Well, I haven't told you much. I think there's a time limit. If we don't kiss by then, I'll no longer exist and you'll forget about me,' I said.

'That's stupid. It's unfair. She can't just force you to suddenly fall in love,' he said. I looked at him.

'I mean, 'us' to fall in love,' he said.

'I don't know I'm just really worried,' I said.

' You'll be alright, I promise,' he said while holding my hand in the middle of the night.

'Kay,' I smiled. That night we slept on the same bed together. Still holding on to his hand. That was all. Please do not think otherwise.
♠ ♠ ♠
TA DAAAAAAAAA:)