Status: Completed

I love him, I hate him

Just Strangers or Just Friends?

Chapter 8

DO NOT STEAL

This morning was weird. I saw Aayden with his normal friends. It's been a long time since he hung out with them. Today he didn't follow me around. He didn't even talk to me. We never once had eye contact either. Maybe he really gave up. I was kinda bored. Only one day.I kinda missed him. Being annoying and all.

'What happened to your one true love Lysha?' one of his friends asked. I overheard them in the boys locker room. Blame the damn ceilings.

'She told me to give up,' I heard him say.

'Dude that's mean. Have you tried our player moves on her?' he asked.

'yeap. All of em,' he said.

'Man that's one tough chick to break,' his friends said.

'You know she's actually kinda hot. I can't believe no one asked her out before. 'I' can't believe I didn't.' One of his other friends said.

'Wanna make a bet?' I heard. My heart was beating fast. They're making a bet. On me.

'The first person who get's to win her heart, gets her.And the other guys must back off.'

'Nonoo I'm not joining this,' I heard Aayden.

'Oh come on, can't take a challenge?' I heard them say. This was not good. Nonono.

'What? Are you kidding me?' he said.

'Chicken,' they said.

'Ohoh, you're on,' I heard him say. I could totally picture his smirk.

I had only 5 seconds to get outta there.

____________________________________________

I went into hiding in the girl's bathroom hoping they'll go home if they couldn't find me.
The problem is I don't know who 'they' are exactly. well, besides Aayden.
It was already 6.00. They should've gone home by now. Another 30 minutes and the school's gonna close up. I had to get out before I was trapped. I looked out for people and I hid behind lockers which made me look like a freakin' ninja.

'Hey Lysha,' a guy a recognized said form behind.I jumped backwards landed in his arms. I turned around. Ethan. He was one of the usual friends Aayden always hung out with. He could probably be one of them.

'Uh.. thanks...nice catch,' I said as I pulled away from him.

'Uh.. no problem.. uh I was just wondering maybe we could hang out sometime?' he scratched the back of his head hoping I would say yes. It was kinda cute. And plus, he wasn't bad-looking. He was actually pretty handsome.

'uh..' I wondered whether I should say yes. It would make Aayden jealous. I had a evil grin in my mind. I know I shouldn't be doing this. I'm gonna end up hurting Ethan, Aayden and for lying to myself for trying to get over Aayden. But..it was too tempting.

'It's okay if you don't want to, I mean. It would be nice if you did but-'

'Sure,' I said fast. He looked at me and a smiled formed on his face.

'Really?' he asked.

'Well, where would you take me?' I smiled.

'Actually, there's this party Carter's having at his house, I was thinking over taking you there and we could have some drinks, maybe dance a little and talk about something,' he said. He had this face full of hope and I couldn't say no to that.

'Sounds fun,' I smiled. I lied. I absolutely hate parties. The last time I got drunk. It wasn't pretty. I still remembered how stupid I acted with Aayden. Ethan was waiting for an answer and I did say 'half' yes. Still i hate loud pumping music which makes my ears bleed and plus, the people there dance like wild animals. I don't think it's normal. I nodded anyway.

'Okay great, I'll pick you up at your house,' he sort of jumped. The way his wavy blond hair shook gave me butterflies. We exchanged numbers.

'Alright, I'll text you the deets,' I smiled. He smiled back and walked on. This was the first time a guy I barely knew ever ask me out. The secret love note rumors sure made my popularity rise up. In a good way. People weren't talking about me anymore. Okay maybe some still are but most of them are starting to notice me.

I decided to take this popularity rise thing as good thing although I'm still made fun of by other girls, obviously jealous because Aayden likes me.

___________________________________________

The party was tonight and I waited by the door all dressed up and pretty. The door bell finally rang and I waited for a while so it didn't look like I was waiting right on the other side of the door.

'Hi Ethan,' I smiled looking at him as I opened the door. He looked gorgeous. His wavy bloned hair all combed to the right side of his head and twirly tip the end. His brown eyes almost seemed luminous under the dim lights. It wasn't the normal brown eyed people you see. It was different. It gave him a very 'Sexy-badboy' look. he was dressed up in a V-neck t-shirt with a varsity jacket that worked with his hi-top shoes and ripped jeans.

'Wow. You look hot,' He blurted out. He looked away. It seemed as if he wasn't supposed to say that out loud. He turned red as I looked at him in the eye. It was kinda surprising that someone like him could actually like someone like me? I mean. he's gorgeous. I'm Lysha.

'You look better than I do,' I said.

'Yeah right. Hah.. you're too modest,' he scratched his head. I was wearing a black single strap top that showed a little bit skin. My blue jeans showed my curves a little and suited perfectly with my strappy 3 inch heels.

'So are we ready to go?' I asked cheerfully. I pursed my 'violet-shine' coated lips.

'Yeah,' he smiled as he asked to carry my bag for me. He was such a gentlemen.

'Thanks,' I said in his car.

________________________________________________

We reached Carter/Aayden's house. Not surprised if Carter threw this party. As I thought it would be, loud pumping music and wild dancing animals. Boy was I ready for this. I tried not to drink everytime Ethan asked whether I wanted one. I just shook my head and asked for a normal gassy drink.

'So anyway, you must be wondering why I asked you out suddenly huh?' he asked. I smiled.

'No kidding,' I laughed quietly.

'Well, I heard about that note rumor thing. I thought that was kinda funny. People though, were talking pretty mean things about you which I'm pretty sure aren't true.'

'Story of my life.'

'I don't believe all that though. You looked pretty cool to me. And I thought you were pretty nice. I asked to borrow a math textbook remember? You passed it to me and smiled sweetly. I thought I'd ask you out.'

I flashed back to that moment. I didn't realize that was him. I was too busy being 'affected' by the rumors because people were talking loudly about me and he just came up to me and asked to borrow my book. I just gave it him without looking at him twice and went straight to the washroom.

'Oh. Right now I remember,' I said then smiled to myself.

'So yeah. That's why. So now, tell me about yourself. I haven't really known you even when we've been in this school together fro like 3 years now.'

'Well, I like cute shy guys. And honestly I don't like parties,' I said.

'Seriously?' he opened his eyes wide.

'Sorry, I never meant to force you to come to these if you didn't want to. If you want, we can get out of here and go on a proper date,' he said as he got up from the couch.

'Nonono, sorry. That's not what I meant. I don't really favor parties but I don't mind it right now. With you. Don't get me wrong,' I said assuring him and he let out a sigh of relief. Then he laughed quietly to himself.

'Sorry. I'm kinda rusty this dating thing. cause you know, I've haven't been dating for quite while now. Focusing more on my studies. You know, parents.'

I nodded to show that I understood. Actually he was doing a great job. He entertained me talked to me, made sure I was bored. In fact, I was having fun. Dancing with him. People were starting to leave and there were only the popular people whom carter always hung out with. We gathered in a circle and decided to play truth and dare. I could tell some of the girls weren't happy with my presence. Aayden being there wasn't a good thing too. It made things pretty awkward but Ethan solved all of it and they were okay.

'So anyway. Now it's my turn to spin it,' Carrisa said as she spun it. She seemed half drunk. Half the dares were mostly drink dares. Luckily I was never chosen thank god. The bottle stopped at Aayden who actually drank a lot but didn't seem to be that drunk. I wasn't surprised because he probably drank a lot with Carter as his brother.

'Dare,' he said.

'Okay. I dare you to drink and hold it in your mouth and THEN pour it into Lysha's mouth by kissing her. It's only fair. She hasn't drank at all.'

I jumped into defense.

'That's not going to work. I'm on a date with Ethan right now. And plus that's two dares.'

'Well you gotta drink,' she said.

'Fine. I'll take a shot. Just as long as I don't have to kiss anyone tonight,' I said. I caught a glance of Aayden and he looked hurt. I technically announced to everyone I didn't want to kiss Aayden.

'Fine. Here,' she passed me a shot. I took it from her shaking. This wasn't part of my plan. I told my myself I wasn't going to get drunk. How the hell did I get myself into this.

They all watched me as I slowly moved it closer to my mouth. Suddenly Aayden grabbed it from me.

'Ly you can't drink that, I'll take it instead,' he said as he was going to but I took it from him.

'I'm not a baby, I drink when I want to,' I said. I know Aayden but trying to protect me but I couldn't help it. I didn't want to think I'm a baby and I haven't got wasted before. It's embarrassing. This was the populars I talking about. They'd spread any lame thing into a juicy rumor. Someone managed to turn Aayden's sweet love letter into some sexual thing that Aayden and I had. Which wasn't true. People then thought I was slut.

He grabbed it from me giving me a glare and drank the shot quickly as he could.

'Hey!' I shouted. Carrissa just passed me another one and Aayden grabbed that away too. I was furious so I took the whole bottle of beer. Aayden was seriously crazy. He actually grabbed that way from me and drank all of it. There wasn't any beer left.

'God you guys are boring,'Carrisa said as h got up and left wiht her members. There were only me, Aayden and Ethan. Ethan looked like he wanted to go home too. I guessed the alcohol was starting to get to him. He asked me whether I wanted to get a ride home but I told him it was okay so he left. Aayden was totally drunk and I knew he needed my help. He didn't want me to get drunk. It was all my fault. Carter was now probably out with his whores. He probably thought Aayden was gong to clean everything up for him. But now it's gonna be me.

I helped Aayden up to his bedroom and left him there so I could clean the house up. i was pretty familiar with everything because I lived there before. After I was done I went back to find Aayden rolling in bed like a crazy kid. I laughed to myself looking at how stupid he's acting.

'Aayden, I'm gonna go now, I've cleaned up everything so you don't have to do anything but rest. I owe you big time.'

Before I knew it he pulled me onto the bed and our noses touched. He arms were around my waist, secured tightly I couldn't move.

'Aayden can you please let go?' I asked uncomfortably.

'No..' He sounded like a kid. He leaned in closer for a kiss but I turned my head and he kissed my cheek instead. He started going down kissing my neck which made me shiver.

'Aayden please stop,' I struggled, trying to get out but he switched position so now he was on top, locking my hands with his I couldn't break free. He kissed my forehead and lingered down closer and closer to my lips. I could smell the strong alcohol breathe that even I was affected by it. My mind was racing like crazy. My heart wanted this for so long but my mind just wanted it to stop. He wasn't actually really conscious so I didn't think this was Aayden. He was being more rough than usual.

'Aayd-' I wanted to say but he shut me up with my soft tender lips I longed for.

'Mmm..' A moan escaped my lips. I caught a glimpse of his smirk he whispered in my ear,

'I love you.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Heh. Awkward...