Sequel: The Promise
Status: Complete

The Beginning

The Beginning

The cold January wind blew hard as the rain thrashed against the small house on the outside of England. Inside the house Seraphina Dumbledore sat with her three daughters, Trinity, Bree and Lilah. The eight year olds were blissfully unaware of all the horrors of the world. Smiling and laughing by the fire as their mother told them silly stories.
Seraphina smiled as she ushered her beautiful babies into their nightgowns and into their beds for the night. The brunette then returned to her seat next to the fire. It had been eight years to the day that she left her children’s father, Tom Riddle, and begged her father forgive her and take her back. Like the kind old man he was he gave her forgiveness and put her and her children in a safe house. The broken family lived in this house with nothing more than an owl, a hippogriff, and the bare necessities. Even though they could afford a lot more that was how they lived and it was perfect.
Seraphina had been sitting there for hours when she heard the bedroom door creak open and red headed Trinity step out, coming over to sit quietly by the fire. Seraphina smiled looking over at her eldest daughter. Trinity was the most outgoing yet solitary person anyone knew. Trinity was by far the most like her father minus the whole "I want to rule the world and kill all who disobey me" evil part.
Trinity stared intensely into the fire as if the orange flames that licked the cold stones of the mantle told a story. The two were totally unaware of the hooded and masked figures outside. Their left forearms marred by the sign of evil that Seraphina so desperately wanted to forget. They silently approached the house ready to retrieve and raise their lords children in the ways of evil. The orders he gave them eight years ago still ringing clearly in their mind. Yes they would do whatever it took to retrieve the children, a platinum blonde man being the leader.
Seraphina was immediately aware of their presence when they stepped over her wards not even noticing them. The brunette jumped up in a frenzy grabbing her daughter. "Trinity go wake up your sisters NOW." she ordered as she grabbed the girls pre-packed bags. Trinity ran into the bedroom and Bree and Lilah soon stumbled out in a sleepy haze.
Seraphina handed Trinity there packs before handing them there cloaks and ushering them into the giant full length mirror that set against a wall. To anybody who wasn't blood related it was just an ordinary mirror, but to them is was a safe haven. No one could see them behind the safety of the cool smooth glass but they could see everything that went on outside their small hidden home.
"Trinity, Bree listen once they leave you get Thessie and you tell her to go to Severus' house there you know what to do." She said. Her eyes ran over the last three important things in the world to her before she again spoke but this time to Trinity and Trinity alone. "Promise me no matter what happens you'll protect your sisters." she pleaded. "I promise mum." The eight year old whispered. "Remember that I love you three forever no matter what." She said leaving the mirror and walking over to stand by the fire.
The three sisters all now fully awake watched as their mom and the only family they ever knew stood calmly by the fire wand in hand. The deatheaters burst in wands all pointed at Seraphina. Seraphina turned around and smiled at them and without a word the fight started. The young mother blocked as many spells as she could but she knew this was it. Her eyes strayed to the mirror and her children watched as a morbid jet of green twisted toward her and hit her in the chest causing her to fall motionless to the ground.
Trinity took charge then pulling her sisters down the secret path of the mirror and out to the stable. Thessie, the hippogriff, bowed down allowing the children to climb on and Trinity whispered to her the beasts destination. The hippogriff took off into the violent storm flying quick and precariously through the sky. It soon landed in a small park across from Severus Snape's house.
The three girls quickly crossed the street and knocked hard on the door. After a minute it was wrenched opened to reveal a tall man with obsidian hair and eyes to match who stared down at the three figures in aggravation. "Seraphina Dumbledore is dead, they found us." Trinity stated letting the freezing rain help her force out the words. Snape's eyes widened as he ushered them into his house and sent a slight glance around his neighborhood.