Status: Complete! (:

Darkcide

Prologue.

.
.
.

I stared up at the faded blue-green building, my heart rising to my throat.

Just knowing I was going to see Allison always made me nervous. She had had that effect on me ever since I’d met her on my first day of work for Amity Falls High School. My heart hadn’t beat normally for weeks.

I was the new chemistry teacher, freshly graduated from college, brought in randomly halfway throughout the year because the original one had been brutally murdered (from what I heard, they could barely identify the body).

She was sitting in the break room, waiting for her daycare students to arrive when I met her. Her maroon colored hair was half pulled back into a bejeweled barrette. Her soulful brown eyes were glancing from the sunny outdoors through the large window to the clock on the wall. She looked young, couldn’t have been much older than me.

I cleared my throat nervously, feeling my palms sweat. “Excuse me,”

She jerked a bit, glancing over at me startled. It was so early that she probably figured no one else would be here yet.

“Sorry,” I smiled meekly. Her face lit up, shaking her head.

“I scare easily. Not your fault.” She replied in a high, melodic voice. “You’re the new guy, right? Glenn Waters?”

I nodded quickly, stepping forward with my hand out, stumbling lightly over my feet. “That’s me. It’s nice to meet—?”

“Allison Mavin.” She grasped my hand steadily, “Nice to meet you, too.”

I sat my book bag on the circular, linoleum table Allison occupied. “Do you mind?” I questioned.

She shook her head, “Not at all.”

I took a seat across the table, squeaking the chair under my weight. The chairs were old. Even though I was lanky with a sad amount of muscle, I was still afraid it might crumble underneath me.

“So, Glenn,” Allison tilted her heart shaped face, “What brings you to Amity Falls?”

I took in a deep breath. Change was the truthful answer. I needed to get away, to start over. No one here knew I was a freak. And no one ever would. “Needed the job.” I answered instead.

Allison pressed her thin, red lips together, like she could see right through me even though I had met her two minutes ago. “Don’t we all.”

“In this economy I’ll take what I can get.” I grinned reassuringly. “What about you?”

“Born and raised.” There was a hint of pride in her voice though this town was old and decrepit. If I had any other choice, Amity Falls would be the last place I lived.

“Cool,” I uttered.

Cool? I thought crassly, What was I? Sixteen?

“That’s a word for it.” Allison smiled casually, glancing over at the clock before standing up, smoothing out her knee-length red summer dress (even though it was the middle on winter). “I’ve got to go. It was nice meeting you, Glenn. I’ll see you around.”

“You, too,” I nodded, watching her as she sauntered away. The smell of strawberries stirred the air as she left.

I didn’t want to see Allison again because I didn’t need to get close to anyone. The closer I got to someone, the more compelled I was to tell them my horrid secret.

And no one could know. Not a single soul.

But—as I stared up at the faded, old apartment—I wanted so badly to tell Allison.

She would understand. She wouldn’t think I was a freak.

Allison was the kindest, brightest person I knew. She was patient and gentle and no one had ever looked at me like Allison did. That mesmerizing glimmer in her deep eyes almost got me every time.

Being around Allison was a bad idea. She brought out the good in everyone, especially me. But, with good came bad.

And deep down, I was a very bad guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Blah. Needed to get this thing out because it's due tomorrow. This is just the lame prologue. The rest of the story will be better.
Probably won't be more than four chapters though. I'll probably be posting the rest throughout the day. Probably. Probably, probably, probably. Did I say 'probably' enough? Probably.
Enjoy!