Status: Complete! (:

Darkcide

Understand.

.
.
.

There was a curfew set in place because of me. Walking down the halls of Amity Falls High you wouldn’t have known. The kids smiled at me, greeted me warmly. They related to me because I was the youngest teacher and had come in time of great sorrow and need.

Now that there was some sort of ‘villain’ roaming the streets, they looked up to me more than ever. I wasn’t sure why. I was lanky and nerdy. I was a chemistry teacher for Christ’s sake. They didn’t know what I was really capable of. No one who didn’t meet me in a dark alley did.

The whole town was on edge and it wasn’t just because I had harnessed my full abilities and responsibilities. There was something (or someone) else out there terrorizing the town. The newspapers told everyone there was a menacing tag team in Amity Falls, picking us all off one by one, starting with Mr. Raymond, the previous chemistry teacher.

The citizens put too much stock in the Amity Falls newspaper. It was like God’s word or some nonsense like that. The papers were everywhere: in stores, houses, school. Everywhere. I couldn’t go two feet without seeing the headline of some story involving me under a pile of books or lazily thrown in the trash.

I was no tag team. And I was no menace. I would just have to show them that I was the good guy here. I was saving them from awful people. I didn’t kill anyone who didn’t deserve it.

I arrived in the break room promptly at seven and Allison was there with a worried expression clad on her adorable face. I plopped down next to her. Even with my new confidence she still made me nervous.

“What’s wrong, Allison?” I asked, leaning against the linoleum table. “You look upset.”

She furrowed her reddish brows at me, “Seven people dead and the police have no leads but two super villains. I’m staying at my mother’s because I’m too terrified to stay in my apartment alone. There are two crazy people running around the streets murdering people. So, yeah—I’m a little upset!”

Allison closed her eyes, breathing in deeply. I wanted to comfort her but what she said had struck a cord within me.

There are two crazy people running around the streets murdering people.

Why didn’t Allison understand? By getting rid of these people, I was protecting her. She shouldn’t be worried; she should be relieved—grateful even!

“I wouldn’t be worried. It sounds like this ‘Hoodlim’ is getting scum off the streets.” I answered coolly.

Allison gave me a shrewd look, like she had never seen me so clearly before. “You think what they are doing is okay?”

“I think they’re doing us all a great service.” I folded my arms defensively.

“Maybe in the beginning Hoodlim had the best of intentions but not anymore.” Her words put a bitter taste in my mouth, “He’s gotten a taste of something. Maybe the first kill was an accident but he’s escalading into some deep shit, Glenn. Someone has to stop him before he moves on from back alley killings to terrorist attacks!”

With that, Allison stood up, straightening out her red dress and stormed out the room without another glance back at me.

“I highly doubt I’ll be blowing up any major buildings any time soon.” I muttered under my breath.

Allison didn’t know what she was talking about. If she only could fully comprehend what I was doing. I had no other choice but to show her, to explain myself. I would do it tonight. Maybe Allison could help set the record straight. She had a cousin that worked at the newspaper. They could print the real story.

Then, everyone wouldn’t be afraid.

They would hold parades in my honor. They would greet me on the streets like my students did. They would look up to me, praise me. They would understand.

All I wanted was for them to understand.

It was time they saw me for what I truly was. And I was a superhero.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, the mind of a crazy person...

Short chapter. Next one will be longer and probably the last chapter. Because this is due today it will be out later today! Yay!

Enjoy (: