Status: ALIVE! :D

Broken.

Unchanging Love.

One Week Later...

Amelia's p.o.v.

"Well don't you look... different." Kennedy studied my outfit from the doorway.

I glared playfully at him.

"Shut up, Kenny. I have a job interview today, so I'm dressing up."

I grabbed my glasses and put them on with a sigh, frustrated that I lost my contacts. I grabbed Kennedy's head and kissed his forehead with a laugh before grabbing my phone, keys, and purse to leave with.

"Good luck, sis!" Kennedy yelled from behind me.

I gave him a hurried thumbs up then got in the car and headed toward uptown Phoenix.

Once I was down the street I sighed in anguish and swallowed a lump in my throat to keep the tears away.
John and I never made up, I went to his house, but he wasn't there, I went to his moms house, and he wasn't there and every time I call him he doesn't answer. He's avoiding me big time, and honestly I deserved it. I deserved to know what a unrequited love felt like from his point of view.

I shook those thoughts from my head to keep from crying. When I reached the stop light I put in a John Mayer CD to calm my nerves and quietly sung along until I reached R&R publishing house.

_____________________________

"Why do you want to work in publishing?" Mr. Richardson, owner and CEO of R&R publishing, asked as a final question.

"At a young age I had an affinity for reading and writing books. I decided to take English in college because of this and I enjoyed it. Some of the students I knew would write stories in their spare time and I enjoyed reading them then and now I'd like to give others a chance to make their dreams come true, even if it's as simple as publishing their book."

Mr. Richardson smiled at me showing all of his pearly white teeth.

"I love your attitude, Amelia, it's refreshing and it reminds me of why I started my business in the first place. I'd love to hire you now, but it wouldn't be fair to the others... So I'll give you a call sometime next week to tell you the news."

"Thank you, Mr. Richardson." I said politely.

I stood and shook his hand then walked out into the reception and down into the parking garage. I had a face splitting grin on my face as I walked to the car, but all too soon my joy was stolen when I tried to start the car.
The engine purred them broke down and refused to start. I groaned in response then called AAA to tow the car. As he towed my car away I pouted them headed out of the garage to the bus stop. I tried calling Kennedy, but it went straight to voice mail.

'His phone must've died..

I got off the bus in Tempe and looked around. It dropped me off down the street from John's house, but it started raining hard while I was on the bus and it hadn't got any better.

Just go.. My subconscious whispered.

I walked out into the rain immediately getting soaked causing my clothes to feel heavier. By the time I reached his house I was dripping wet on his front porch. Thunder shook the ground and I gasped and knocked on his door. Thunder sounded again and I jumped and cowardly stood by the door.

"Amelia?" John's raspy voice said from behind me.

I turned to look at him with wide eyes.

"Can I come in...?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

His expression wavered and he stood in silence before opening the door for me to walk in. We were silent except for the sound of my heels clicking against the tile by the door. John walked around me and I stood awkwardly by the door.

"You can use the bathroom in my room to change, some of Shane's stuff he left here might fit you so you can change into that."

I nodded in response as he watched me impassively. I walked around the corner into John's room and looked around. Ticket stubs from Diamondback games, concert tickets, posters from the the maine, pictures of him and his family, and one lone picture of me and him. We were in the sand playing and laughing. I smiled as I ran my fingers over the picture.
I went into John's drawer to find something to put on and bit my lip to contain my laughter.

'Batman boxers...Really John?'

I grabbed them and one of John's t-shirts to put on then stripped out of my wet clothes. I pulled the boxers on then grabbed my semi-wet bra and put it on under one of the maine's t-shirts I found lying around.
I slowly walked out of his room, peeking out of the corner.

"Just come out of the room." John's voice said from behind the door.

I jumped, startled, then pouted as he rolled his eyes at me. I came out of the bedroom and his eyes widened for a second betraying his impassive stare.

"What?" I asked, my head cocked to the side in confusion.

"Um are those..m-my boxers?" He sputtered out.

I nodded and he groaned.

"Why are you doing this to me?" He ran his fingers through his hair.

"What?"

"Don't be coy with me, Amelia, you know exactly what you're doing." He growled.

I shrunk back, but I suddenly felt angry.

"Actually, John, I'm not doing anything. I am simply wearing the only thing that fit in your room considering my height and your brothers height. I'm not playing coy with you, John."

He sneered at me.

"All you're doing is leading me on-"

"Leading you on! John! I came here not once, but ten times! Ten times to return your feelings! And all you did was ignore and avoid me! But you know what? Screw it!" I yelled loudly.

I stomped off toward his bedroom, but he grabbed my hand.

"Leave. Me. Alone." I growled each word slowly.

He ignored my request and pulled me into his chest. I started to punch his chest to get away, but he grabbed my hands and forced them behind my back then pinned me to the wall with his hips.

"Stop fighting me, Amelia." John whispered, his stare burning into my eyes intensely.

I took a deep breath and relaxed against the wall. Then came the tears that I'd been holding in over the past week and a half. He gaze softened.

"All I've done my whole life is fight you, John. I fought off your love and now I give up, I surrender to you. Love me, John. Love me." I cried.

Suddenly my hands were freed and his hands were in my hair as he kissed me. I'd never felt something like this from a kiss, it was like sparks were flying then I was melting into him kissing him back fervently like he was my life line.
We fell onto the floor then looked at each other before laughing.

"You surrender?" John laughed.

"Shut up, it was in the moment. Besides you have no room to talk Mr. Are-you-wearing-my-boxers deer in the headlights look." I laughed clutching my sides.

"First off, you show up at my house in tight jeans which were even more fitting because you dripping wet. Second, you have absolutely no idea how hot it is for a girl to wear a man's boxers." He groaned in ecstasy.

"I can see." I said with a giggle as I pointed to his boner that strained against his tight jeans.

He pouted.

We went into the living room and John turned to Criminal Minds. We grabbed blankets then cuddled on the couch.

John and I were alright after that. Everyone was happy. And I realized suddenly that love doesn't hurt, heartbreak hurts, but falling in love is a healing process. I realized that we are given heartbreak to show us to the right person and it doesn't matter what people say or call you because you have that person by your side and they are worth fighting for.

Nicholas Sparks saved my life with one quote.

"I don't know that love changes, people change, circumstances change."

It's true because John's love for me never changed. Despite the arguments we had, we never stayed mad for long, every fight ended with a laugh, and every tear ended with a kiss. That was love, unchanging love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

That was the end! :) I love you guys for supporting me with this story.
If you haven't joined the competition pleas do so, this was really fun for me
and I know you'll love it too ;)

Recommend/Comment/Subscribe

Love,

Gabriella :)