Ripped Jeans & T-shirts

Still Friends

So after Mitch creating that scene at Hal’s I decided to go to someone who actually knew the truth about this guy. Plus Miller is really the only person that I could find without having to call him or text him. I just realized I don’t have anybodies phone number in this town and it doesn’t matter because I never really use my phone. I don’t even have my phone on me right now. Most people have smart phones, but I don’t. I can only call people and text people with my phone, so pretty much it is useless.

I entered Miller’s music shop and it was empty as usual. I looked around for Miller and when I didn’t find him in either part of the store I decided to look around. Then I was bored, so I grabbed a random CD and put it in the stereo. I turned it loud and began to dance around like the very first time I came in here. After a little bit the stereo was turned off and I turned to see Miller. I smiled like it was the greatest thing in the world to see his face. “Are you working?” I asked even though I knew he was.

“Yeah, but there is no costumers, so I could probably close up.” He smiled. Then some old lady walked in. “Ma’am I am sorry, but we are closed.” He told her nicely.

“But the sign says your open.” She pointed to the sign and Miller nodded his head towards it meaning for me to turn the sign.

“Why don’t you check again?” The old lady turned around a little shocked that it said it was closed.

“Can’t you just help out an old sweet lady like me?” She asked and Miller looked at me. I shrugged my shoulders because I had all the time in the world.

“What do you need?” He asked and the lady smiled.

“I want a CD with my granddaughter’s favorite song on it because she doesn’t have enough money on iTunes for it. Whatever this iTunes is.” Miller and I laughed.

“Why don’t you go to Ralph’s and buy her an iTunes gift card instead of wasting eighteen dollars on a CD that you only want one song from.” The old lady nodded her head and then left. I can’t believe he drove away a sale. Once the lady left he turned to me with a smile on his face and said, “Want to go windsurfing? Wes told me about your surfing lessons and he is willing to teach you how to windsurf too.” I had no clue Miller and Wes were friends.

“Wow Wes can do everything can’t he?” Wes could surf, windsurf, skate and God knows what else he could do.

“Yup, Wes is my adventure buddy.” I laughed at the thought of Wes and Miller having a bromance.

Boy did I suck at windsurfing. I wasn’t even on the board long enough to let the wind take me away. I also got no support from Miller and Wes because they were way too busy laughing at me. I felt like I was at home again hanging with the guys and them laughing at my stupidity. Honestly I didn’t mind being laughed at ever. Like if something embarrassing happened to me during school and everyone would laugh I wouldn’t mind because at least I was getting the attention.

After me failing a bunch of time Wes decided to show me how it was done. He was pretty impressive from the times I was actually watching him. I was mainly focused on talking to Miller. It was sometime around lunch time so we were eating our subway sandwiches as Wes showed off. “I didn’t want to bring this up, but I heard about the Luke thing from Nora and I was wondering if you are okay.” Miller was so nice because he cared so much, but I hated the fact that he knew about my feelings about Luke.

“Yeah I guess I am fine.” I mean my heart is a little broken, but soon enough some guy will be able to heal it.

“You guess? What is that suppose to mean?” He took a big bite out of his sandwich making the whole sandwich fall apart and land in the sand. I couldn’t help, but laugh. I regretted it about 5 seconds later when he took my sandwich and ate it.

“Well when the guy you develop feelings for calls you a bitch it makes you feel like shit and it is hard to recover from something like that.” Here I am again expressing how I feel.

“He didn’t actually call you a bitch did he?” He looked at me with wide eyes and I shook my head,

“Good because you are not a bitch. You are quite amazing.” He brought me down by bringing up Luke, but he definitely turned my frown upside down when he said that.

“You know exactly how to cheer up a girl.” Before I knew it my lips touch his softly and then it got more passionate. I pulled away realizing that I was only kissing him because I was vulnerable about the Luke thing and Miller was being a sweetheart. I was leading him on because I didn’t want to be more than friends with Miller. “I’m so sorry it was just a moment of vulnerability.” I was about to leave, but Miller stopped me.

“If you are about to leave thinking that you ruined our friendship, don’t because I am okay with forgetting that this ever happened like the first kiss.” Miller was the nicest guy I have ever met. He is proof that not all guys are dicks and jerks. I hugged him and then left without saying goodbye to Wes who was windsurfing throughout that whole scene.

As I got home I noticed Marissa and Luke on the front lawn making out. It was like he was rubbing her in my face or the opposite way around. I just wanted to go over there and punch Luke and then claw out Marissa’s eyes. I hate the feeling of being jealous. I’ve never really have felt it before and now it is basically tearing me apart.

After I was done staring at them I went inside and sat down next to Neil on the couch. He looked at me and I must have looked sad because he gave me a hug and Neil only hugs me when I am sad, I accomplished something, or he is extremely happy and he has no clue what he is doing. “I went from living this nice simple life to this dramatic and crazy life. I hate it.” I said and Neil gave me another hug, but I pushed him off because he was creeping me out.

“You are just finally growing up.” He said sarcastically and I hit him.

“No I feel like I am the main roll in a cheesy romantic comedy, but if that were true I would end up with Luke and there is no way that is happening.” I felt like this kind of stuff doesn’t happen in real life and if it did it would happen to someone like Mackenzie.

“Get over yourself drama queen.” I smiled a little bit and went to hug my brother, but the doorbell rang, so my brother fled for the door and I fell down on the couch face first. “Kris I believe it is for you.” I heard Neil yell.

I ran to the door hoping it was Luke because that would be ironic and if it wasn’t him I wanted it to be Miller. I wasn’t expecting Nora. Did she have to work or something? I thought I wouldn’t really be hearing from her for awhile. Maybe she is here to tell me that I am a slut and she can’t be friends with a slut. “Can I come in?” She asked and I realized that Neil left and I was lost in my thoughts. I nodded and she put her stuff on the table next to the door and walked straight to the kitchen.

“So you guys need some more eggs, milk, and some more soda.” She was only here to see what groceries she needed to get, so it was work related and that made me kind of upset. She grabbed her things off the table and she walked out of the door. I just stood there a little disappointed. Then she walked back in to ask, “Are you coming?” I smiled grabbed my cell phone and went to run some errands with Nora. I was excited that we were still friends.