Ripped Jeans & T-shirts

Things Starting to go my Way

My eyes opened wide after Luke had told me that. Was he messing with me or was he serious? I was speechless and confused all at the same time and that never happens to me. I tucked my legs into my chest and wrapped my arms around them, resting my head on my knees. Why hasn’t he said anything else? Why haven’t I said anything? Then without thinking about it I just blurt out,

“Are you shitting me?” I quickly put my hand over my mouth wishing I did not say that. Luke laughed anyways and it made me feel better.

“No I am not shitting you. You were drunk I was vulnerable and it just happened.” My smile faded and rested my head back on my knees. It didn’t mean anything to him.

“So it was basically a big mistake.” I rephrased his words.

“I don’t know.” He stopped looking at me and stared off into the distance. I guess that was better than him saying no.

“Were your intentions to make things awkward between us?” I felt awkward because I like him we kissed and he does not know how he feels about it.

“No of course not.”

“Well it’s awkward, so you should probably fix it.” I thought he would leave but instead he kissed me. I was shocked at first, but I did begin to kiss him back. I pulled back and asked, “So what does this make us?”

“Friends, just friends.” I looked at him weird and he smiled, “I’m kidding this makes us friends with benefits.” I hit him on the shoulder and we both began laughing. My dreams have just come true. I have been so distracted that I didn’t even notice that it was dark out.

“Look shooting star,” I pointed to the sky and he looked up saw nothing and looked back at me confused, “I was totally kidding, but wouldn’t this be the perfect moment for a shooting star?”

After an exhilarating night I was able to sleep with a big smile on my face. Scratch that I wasn’t able to sleep at all. I was too happy; I mean I got exactly what I wanted. Of course I always do in the end, but sometimes it takes a bit more effort. Anyways I couldn’t wait to tell everyone tomorrow about my exciting news unless Luke doesn’t want me to mention it to anybody. If that is the case then I will still tell everyone, but I will make sure to tell them to keep it a secret.

The next morning I ran down the stairs all excited. I felt so filled with energy even though I only got 4 hours of sleep or less. I was so happy that I gave my dad a kiss on the cheek and said “good morning” to him in a cheery tone. I am sure he didn’t question me because he probably didn’t want me to end up all angry by the time our conversation would have ended. Then there was Neil and of course he did question it.

“Why the hell are you so cheery?” He said in a disgusted tone.

“Luke is finally mine. I think.” I second guessed it only because Luke didn’t really make it clear, but since he was joking about being friends and friends with benefits then the only option left was boyfriend and girlfriend.

“Oh well this should be interesting.” Neil rolled his eyes and left the room. He was just jealous. I don’t know why, but he was jealous.

I was alone with my dad once again. We kept looking at each other, but we were both waiting for the other to speak. Thanks to the doorbell our awkward moment was interrupted. I skipped to the door and it was Luke. “How about you, me, Nora and Chris go for a little boat ride?” He asked. Now I know we just got together, but it felt like we have been together for much longer.

“I have never been on a double date; actually I have never been on a date.” I find dates over rated, but no one has ever asked me on a date either.

I changed into my bathing suit and put some random t-shirt on with jean shorts. After we got Nora and Chris we went to the doc to find Luke’s family’s boat. We drove out to the middle of the ocean and just hung out. We swam a little, ate some food, and danced a little. Now we were just relaxing. “So, how exactly did you two get together?” Chris asked. Luke and I looked at each other and began laughing.

“Well it included alcohol, vulnerability, and a backstabbing bitch.” I answered with a smile. Luke laughed and then gave me a kiss on the cheek.

“Let’s face it we all knew we were going to get together anyways. I don’t even know why I didn’t make my move the moment Kris told me how she felt.” Luke said and I was a little shocked at first, but I shook it off.

“Maybe you didn’t make your move because you weren’t quite sure you could handle all this.” I said in a cocky tone and everyone laughed.

After watching the sunset on the boat, which was beautiful as always, we went home. Luke invited me into his house and to be honest I have never seen the inside of his house. It was just as big as my dad’s house, but decorated a lot better. Mackenzie was sitting on the couch in the living room watching TV. I decided to join her just to annoy her. So I jumped on an empty seat on the couch and she rolled her eyes at me.

Mackenzie looked a little upset and she also looks like she has been sitting in the same spot the whole day. Her hair was in a low ponytail, which it never is unless it is to the side, and she had no makeup on. Unlike some people she did not look bad without makeup. “If you’re here to annoy me with your happiness than please just go away.” She turned to me and said. When she turned to me I could see the huge bags that she had under her eyes.

“As much as I really want to annoy the crap out of you I am not going to because you seem down and so I am going to bug you until you tell me. So I guess I still win.” I smiled and she rolled her eyes.

“My parents come back in three days and if I don’t have a boyfriend by then my mom will be furious. Also they would never allow me to have as much fun as I have been having this summer. The only good thing about them coming back is that they will probably get rid of you.” I had to admit after she said that I was scared that she was telling the truth. I just got with Luke and I didn’t want things to go south.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it looks like I will probably only be having 16 chapters, but I might stretch it to 18