Ripped Jeans & T-shirts

It's a Mystery

Luke invited me to lunch with his family and I tried to find a way out of it, but he really wants his mom and me to get along. He also invited my dad hoping that he would make things better somehow, but he decided not to come. I don’t really blame him for not wanting to go.

As I sat at their picnic table in the backyard Luke’s mother was staring me down. I knew why she didn’t want me with Luke. First off she didn’t want me telling Luke and second of all she is probably mad at my dad and hates me because of how she feels about him. I took a bit out of my watermelon and she smirk almost as if she poisoned my watermelon. I swear to God she was acting very much like a child and it annoyed the crap out of me.

I told them I needed to use the restroom as an excuse to leave the table because I was weirded out, annoyed, and uncomfortable. At first no one really noticed that I was spending a lot of time in the bathroom, but after about 20 minutes Luke came to check on me. “Are you okay?” I heard him ask through the door. I opened the door and walked to the closest chair so I could sit down.

“I don’t mean to sound rude, but your mom is acting like a total bitch.” Okay that sounded completely rude. I guess I could have used nicer words, but I wasn’t really thinking clearly.

“That’s why I invited your dad, so he could keep her distracted.” I rolled my eyes in response to that statement. “Why did you roll your eyes?” I didn’t think he would get upset about that.

“My dad probably won’t come to any event where your mom is at.” I didn’t want to bring this thing up, but at the same time I did. I didn’t want to hurt Luke, but I wanted to hurt his mom which sounded stupid. But then again she was the reason for my parents’ divorce.

“And why would that be?” I could hear a little anger in Luke’s tone, but he was trying to hold it back.

I don’t know why, but I was extremely pissed off not at Luke, but at his mother of course and so I did the one thing I told myself this morning I wouldn’t do, i guess in the words of Lindsay Lohan is was word vomit, “Your mom had an affair with my dad then sent a letter to my mom explaining why my dad doesn’t want to be with her and signed my dad’s name at the end.” Luke gave me this blank look because I just gave him a lot of shit to take in.

“Wow,” I was a little relieved because I thought he would totally freak out on me, “I can’t believe you hate my mom that much you would make up some ridiculous lie about her.” There it was. That was the reaction I was expecting and I knew it was going to piss me off.

“You don’t believe me?” I asked in this sweet little tone and he laughed.

“Hell no that is stupid my mom would never cheat on my dad and she definitely would have no reason for writing a letter like that.” This time I laughed.

“You think that on the top of my head I would make up such a bizarre story like that and even if I was making it up why the hell would I bring a shitty story like that up?” I tried to be reasonable.

“Just get out of my house and don’t even think about coming back.” He yelled and opened the front door for me.

“So this is the end of our stupid relationship that we rushed into?” I said as if I was sad even though I wasn’t at the moment.

“Yeah I guess I really can’t trust you. I knew it from the beginning too and I still fell for you. I am such an idiot.” I wanted to slap him silly.

“Yeah you are the fuckin idiot.” I ended with that and walked home. I definitely fell too hard and too quickly for him.

***
It was Monday morning and the beginning of my last week here. I was excited and a little sad at the same time. I have made some good friends and made some enemies. I believe I have made more enemies then friends, but I kind of expected that. I had a much better time than I thought I would. There definitely have been regrets, but everybody regrets something in their life right?

I woke up early because Neil was leaving for college today and I wanted to say goodbye and he was leaving early. Half asleep I hugged Neil and my eyes were tearing up a little bit because this is the first time it is just going to be me. “I can’t believe your leaving me all alone.” I said with a smile on my face.

“Don’t get into too much trouble because I won’t be there to explain your behavior to the neighbors.” Most of my neighbors don’t like me so much since I tend to do a little of interesting things and most of it is Jessica, but I take blame. Like this one time Jessica was drunk, so I let her sleepover and when I fell asleep she went across the street and drew a huge penis on the neighbor’s house in chalk.

“I can’t make any promises.” I smiled and he grabbed me into another bear hug. Then my dad took him off to the airport.

Since I was home alone in this big house and none of the workers were here yet I decided to blast music extremely loud and dance around the house like a maniac. Let’s face it everyone loves to do this when their home alone and I felt like I haven’t done it in forever, so this was my chance. Of course Nora walks in on me and I didn’t notice her for awhile. I am pretty sure she was videotaped it too. “Wow, Kris I had no idea that you were such a good dancer.” She laughed and I looked at her embarrassed.

“No need to be jealous.” I played it cool.

“Your life is falling apart and you’re able to shake it off and dance around. How do you do it?” I was a little confused because I don’t think my life was falling apart.

“It is simple because my life isn’t falling apart.” I smiled and went to turn down the music because I just noticed we were yelling at each other.

“Well you and Luke broke up and your brother just left for college.” That does not sound like someone’s life falling apart to me.

“Luke was just a speed bump in the road and I quickly got over it and it’s not like I will never see Neil again.” Normal girls would just be saying shit like that so their friends think they are over the guy, but I actually meant it. When I think about Luke and I being together it was a mistake. I guess I really only fell for him because… well that’s the problem I have no idea why I fell for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay now this is definitely the second to last chapter
enjoy:)