Ripped Jeans & T-shirts

An End to an Interesting Summer

Later on that evening I was on the roof because I was in the mood to watch the sunset. I decided for my last week here I am going to watch the sunset everyday in different locations, so I can see different perspectives of the sun going down. To be honest this last week is most likely going to be the most boring week I will have here, but at least it will be drama free.

I hear footsteps thinking it was my dad or Nora, but when the figure sat down next to me it was Luke. Forget about this week being drama free. It has been three days since we broke up. I was really tempted to throw him off the roof, but I didn’t want to have murder on my hands, so I decided not to. He sat in silence and it was bugging the crap out of me. “If you’re not going to say anything then could you please leave?” I asked nicely which I probably shouldn’t have.

“I am trying to figure out how to apologize to you.” He explained the reason for his silence.

“Well good luck trying.” I rolled my eyes. He was ruining the sunset for me, which looked beautiful by the way.

“I probably should have talked to my mom first or my sister because she knew about it too and never told me. I can’t believe that is all true, but it is and I am sorry.” What a lame apology.

“You should just get it in your head that I am always right.” It was a lie, but it seems like the truth.

“Maybe just maybe we could forget about this and go back to how we were before.” I just began laughing so hard. He really was an idiot. I am not Marissa who would do anything to get him back because she is desperate.

“You said you never trusted me from the start. I don’t like people who can’t trust me. I may be a bitch, but I am an honest ass bitch, a trustworthy bitch and the best bitch you will ever meet. Sorry had to throw in the last part, but yeah.” I stood up for myself in an odd way, but it was my way.

“And now I do trust you.” Was all he said in response.

“Well now is a little too late buddy. It doesn’t matter anyways I am leaving in a week and there is a guy back home waiting for me. A guy that I have liked for several years and still like a lot more than I liked you. Yeah I said liked as in past tense.” It felt good to bring up Steven.

“If you knew you still had those feelings for him then why the hell did you get with me?” He looked like he was on the verge of tears.

“I was a lost puppy not really knowing what the hell I was doing. Maybe at a point of time I did feel the way I feel about Steven towards you, but it faded the more I was with you. And it was kind of fun competing with Marissa.” I don’t know why I threw in the last part, but I could not take it back.

“God I am the idiot.” He said as tear went down his cheek. I felt bad and thought I was being too harsh, but I was just being me.

“That’s what I said and I am sorry if I hurt you, but you hurt me worse. I am not saying I didn’t have feelings for you, it’s just that there were things I didn’t quite know about you yet that once I found them out I didn’t like.”

After that he left without another word. That was the end of a beautiful friendship. Right then and there I began to cry. That’s when I realized I was lying to myself and everyone else. I did have feelings for Luke and I was definitely not over him. Now I may never get the chance to let him know that. He probably things I am the bitch who messed with his heart for no apparent reason.

***

The week went by quickly and I was saying my goodbyes to the three people who actually showed up to say goodbye to me. Nora and Chris were there of course. Then the only other person was Wes. I was a little disappointed, but I completely understand why all the others didn’t show up.

As I was driving home I thought about everything that happened this summer and wondered who I was? I wasn’t the same fun, carefree Kris that I am with my friends. I was dramatic and sensitive. It’s weird how different you act around different people. When I look back I definitely did make more enemies than friends. I started with a shit load of friends and by the end of summer only three showed up and one was only there because his girlfriend strung him along.

No worries when I arrived at Jessica’s house I put a smile on my face because of all the people there to welcome me back. I mean it was a party, but still I knew more than half of those people were glad for my return. The moment I step out of the car Jessica came running towards me and hugged me as tight as she could. It was like hug after hug after hug.

Then I finally came to Steven and I was blushing like crazy. I totally forgot how handsome he was. When he gave me a big ass bear hug I smiled bigger than I have ever smiled before. “So when do I get that amazing kiss from you?” He let go of me and that is when I kissed him. Boy was he a good ass kisser.

With that I knew that Steven was definitely the best choice for me. I now just had to put my summer in the past and look towards the future. I mean what are the chances of me ever seeing those people ever again? There is no way I would ever go back there and there is no way anybody, besides Nora, would want to keep in touch with me. I broke two people’s hearts and was mean to almost everyone else. I think it is safe to say that I won’t have to worry about the past creepy up on me.

THE END
♠ ♠ ♠
it's over :(
No worries though because as many of you figured out there will be a Sequel!