Ripped Jeans & T-shirts

The Cute Guy on the Block

After what happened with that Mackenzie chick I was excited to meet Nora’s friends hoping that they won’t be as annoying as Mackenzie was. As you probably can tell I am not very good with making new friends because most people find me mean, but I just love to use sarcasm. That’s why I get along with guys more because they seem to understand the humor of sarcasm better than girls do.

Nora and I walked into this little burger joint called Hal’s Beach Shack. It smelt like any other fast food place and I love the smell of a nice juicy burger. She brings me to the corner booth where some chick is making out with a dude with long hair, another girl is eating a salad because she is anorexic, at least she looks anorexic, and two others are just talking. Once we got close enough to the table they all stopped and stared at me like I was some alien. It literally seemed like they have never seen a human being before.

“Everybody this is Kris.” Nora introduced me as she sat down. They all still just stared at me and it was beginning to creep me out.

“I am not an alien and I am new in town.” Of course me saying that just made them all stare at me even weirder like I was a lunatic.

“Why did you just say that?” Anorexic girl asked with a little attitude which bugged me, but I shook it off before anything mean came out of my mouth.

“You were all looking at me weird and plus I am a sarcastic bitch.” The girl who was making out with the guy stopped and reacted weird after I said the word bitch.

“Don’t say bad words like that.” She almost whispered. I mouthed the word ‘sorry’ and then she smiled. Soon enough she was making out with long hair dude again.

“Sorry about Kelsey. Her family is very religious and if she curses she gets grounded for a week. So she hates when others do it around her.” Nora explained to me.

“So she is not allowed to curse, but she is allowed to practically have sex with this dude?” The guy at the other end of the booth laughed and Nora just shrugged her shoulders before she grabbed a fry out of the basket sitting in the center of the table.

“I’m Mitchell, but my friends call me Mitch.” The guy who laughed introduced himself.

“Oh for a second there I thought I was going to have to guess all your names.” I only said that because no one was introducing themselves and it kind of made me feel like I was unwelcomed.

“I don’t like her.” Anorexic girl said before taking a bit of her salad. Now I really didn’t like her and trust me I wanted to say something mean, but I didn’t want the others to hate me too.

“Well, aren’t you so nice?” I said sarcastically and she rolled her eyes.

So during the next hour I found out that anorexic girl’s name was Tiffany, long hair dude was John, and the girl that was talking to Mitchell is Sarah. They told me who to hate and who to like even though I really didn’t care and probably won’t listen to them. They also told me all the cool hangouts and there were only three of them. They are where we are now, some smoothie place that I already forgot the name of, and the beach.

While I was having so much fun with Tiffany insulting me every chance she got and Mitch laughing at almost every sarcastic comment I made, Mackenzie walks through the front door. Just like me, everybody look upset to see her there. This didn’t really look like the kind of place she would go to especially with what she was wearing, which was different from when I saw her earlier today. She was now wearing about the same length of dress, but it was tighter and black. She was also wearing like 5 inch heels, which just seem uncomfortable to me.

Anyways she was looking around the restaurant trying to find someone. I don’t think she was looking for me, but once she found me she walked over. I was so hoping she would trip, but she could walk in those heels very well. If it were me I would probably fall more than once in those heels. When she got over to me I was too busy staring at her shoes that I didn’t hear her say anything. Then in a bitchy tone she said, “I said why are you hanging with these chumps?”

“Am I not allowed to hang with these chumps? What is with this town? Does every one tell each other who to hang out with and who not to hang out with?” I asked because I hate when people tell me not to hang out with certain people because then it just makes me want to hang out with those people even more.

“Listen I know we got off to a bad start, but you don’t have to win me back by hanging out with these losers.” I gave her a confused look.

“First, I just met you. Second, why would I want to when you back? And third why the hell are you dressed like that.” She let out a little chuckle like I didn’t mean any of the things I just said.

“Fine you have two options. You could either ditch these freaks and hang with me or get on my bad side and feel my wrath.” I laughed a little because come on who says ‘feel my wrath’?

“My motto in life is hate me or like me doesn’t matter because your still thinking about me. So why don’t you choose. Hate me or Like me?” She smiled thinking that she had control of the decision and that bugged me, so before she said anything I said, “I change my mind you should probably hate me because then I won’t have to pretend like I actually like you.” I smiled and she rolled her eyes.

“Whatever and by the way I am dressed like this because I am going on a date. He was surprising me with the restaurant we were going to eat at. He forgot to make reservations, so now were eating here. I didn’t know, so I dressed a little fancy.” She said and then walked away to her boyfriend who wasn’t nearly as dressed up as her.

The rest of my night was not as fun as I was hoping for it to be. We left Hal’s and went to some weird psychic place. Apparently John’s mom is psychic. In complete honesty I think his mom was more creepy then psychic. So I was pretty much freaked out for the rest of the night while everyone else was messing around with the voodoo stuff his mom had lying around. Unfortunately they do this a lot more than they should.

I left about 20 minutes after hanging in that place and decided to go on a walk on the beach. It was a beautiful night and the moon was full, which meant high tides. I love being a little dangerous, so I went for a night swim until I stubbed my toe on a rock. Then I just sat on the sand waiting to dry off.

Neil soon joined me. Somehow Neil always knew when I was alone and he would come find me to keep me company. I know most people hate their siblings or they don’t get along very well, but Neil and I enjoy each other’s company. We love to help each other and we love asking each other for help. If I had a problem ever I would usually go to Neil first and he would usually go to Henry first, but I understand I am the youngest and the only girl. Of course now he goes to me for help before any of my other brothers, but only because they are gone.

We were both silent and admiring the view while listening to the sound of waves crashing. We’ve barely gone to the beach so this moment right here was a nice moment. Then a drunk couple came walking in our direction. The girl fell on top of my brother and then threw up on his shirt while the guy just passed out. That definitely ruined that moment. I know we should have helped them, but the girl threw up on my brother, so we let them be. The girl was still a little conscious. They were going to be okay… I think.

After a long day I was finally home. I walked into my room and realized that I still haven’t unpacked. I probably should do it now or I probably won’t do it at all, but I needed a shower. So after I finished my shower and got into my pajamas I stared at my suitcases hoping it would unpack itself. Then soon enough I was in dreamland and very happy.

The next morning I am woken up at eight o’clock by Nora. When it’s summer time I expect to sleep in until noon or at least ten o’clock. I get out of bed look in the mirror to see my messed up hair, shrug it off and begin to head downstairs. As I was walking down the stairs I was hoping my father was near so he would hear say, “Waking me up at eight o’clock is just cruel punishment.” When I looked to see who was there I found my dad and some teenage boy dressed up in a suit. He was kind of cute and then I remembered how I looked.

“Kris this is Luke, Luke this is my daughter Kris.” My dad introduced us and I walked over to shake his hand.

“Are you going on a job interview or something?” I asked because of the fancy suit he was wearing.

“No this is how I normally dress. Sometimes I don’t wear a tie though.” He explained himself and I wondered if he was dropped on his head when he was a baby.

“Wow you must be a rebel wearing no tie. Seriously you’re a teenager, so dress like one.” I said as I walked into the kitchen to make a bowl of cereal. Then I sat down at the same table my dad was sitting down at.

“Most of my friends dress like I do too.” I practically choked on my cereal when he said that. Who the hell does this guy hang out with?

“Well I guess you need some new and normal friends.” For the next minute or so it was quiet and I could tell that Luke was uncomfortable. He was definitely trying to avoid eye contact with me, so I just kept staring at him.

“Kris stop staring you’re making Luke uncomfortable.” When my dad said that it only made me want to stare more, but this time with funny faces. I decided not to probably because he would think I am a freak even though I kind of am.

“Okay, fine, but let me fix up your wardrobe.” I walked over to him, took off his blazer, took off his tie, and untucked his shirt. “Are you wearing an undershirt?” he nodded, so I unbuttoned his button up shirt and then I messed up his hair a little. “Now you look sort of like a normal teenager.” I smiled and he gave me a fake smile.

“I’m going to go now.” He grabbed his stuff and practically sprinted out of the house. It made my smile grow even bigger.

“I think he is a little scared of me.” I said to my dad even though I wasn’t quite sure if he was still in the room.

“Maybe because you were being rude to him and making him feel uncomfortable. That’s not very ladylike.” My dad yelled at me and it made me mad.

“For your information I was being friendly and if you don’t like the way I turned out they you should have raised me yourself.” I yelled back at him and then stomped my way upstairs.

My dad didn’t understand me and he has no right to judge me. If he wanted me to turn out a certain way then he should had never left. I know I am not like most girls, but I am glad of who I am. I do things a little differently than he does, so he should just let it go. I know hate is a strong word, but I really dislike the guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think.
Hope you like it.