Ripped Jeans & T-shirts

Hope Things Aren't Awkward

The next morning I was woken up as early as yesterday. What does a girl have to do to sleep in? Since I was up this early I guess I should go for a run. So I went to my unpacked suitcase and grabbed my sports bra and running shorts. Then I put my hair into a bun. I grabbed my running shoes and put them on. Grabbed my iPod and I was ready to go.

I love to run on the beach because it is refreshing and it is actually cool. I also love the smell of the beach. Anyways while I was running, so guy running the other direction bumps into me. I stop so he was able to apologize. “Sorry about that.” Right on cue.

“Its okay, forgive and forget.” I continued running and soon enough that guy caught with me and stopped me. I crossed my arms over my chest and waited for him to say something.

“Excuse me, but you bumped into me too.” He was trying to flirt with me.

“Well I think the guy should move out of the girls’ way and you didn’t hoping to score my number. Don’t you hate when things don’t turn out your way.” I smiled and continued to jog only to get stop again a few seconds later. This guy was starting to annoy me and most guys don’t annoy me unless they are skaters.

“So you think you got me all figured out.” I tried to run again, but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back. “You don’t know me at all.”

“You run every morning to hit on girls. You almost always find one girl and end up going out with her and then never calling her. Your parents are divorced and your mom is remarried to a guy you hate who has a daughter who finds you cute.” I honestly made all that crap up.

“Wow all of that is true except for the stepsister part.” I laughed as he stood there confused. I was actually right. “I’m Miller.”

“Cool, bye.” This time when I ran off he didn’t follow after me.

I don’t usually do hook ups or date random strangers. Except for when I turned seventeen, which was a mistake a really good mistake, but still a mistake. So when guys I don’t know hit on me I tend to try to scare them off instead of being friendly. If I were to date someone I want to be friends first.

When I arrived back at the house I decided to ask Nora about this Miller guy. She said that he is one of the cutest guys in her class and he is the soccer star. Also Tiffany has the hugest crush on him, but he is not interested in having relationships because it puts too much pressure on him. Basically he was like some of the guys back home. Honestly I like those guys because then I know that there is no chance of us ever being in a relationship because they hate relationships.

It’s been a couple of weeks since I have first arrived and I finally feel like I fit in with everyone. Nora and her gang have helped me pull some pretty awesome pranks on Mackenzie, who officially ‘hates my guts and wants to rip me into little pieces.’ Luke and I hang out every now and then when we aren’t with our other friends because let’s face it they do not get along. People really hate the rich around here and I don’t blame them, but some of them are nice.

Right now I am with Nora, Kelsey, and Mitch at the Banana Shack, which is that smoothie place I mentioned earlier, but forgot the name of. They have amazing smoothies. “So where is Tiffany I thought she was meeting up with us?” Kelsey asked.

“You know she hates Tim, so she won’t come in here anymore.” Nora answered. Tim was the guy who gave me my smoothie, so I am assuming he works here.

“Why does she hate Tim?” I know Tiffany doesn’t like me and I don’t really like her either, but I was just a little curious.

“Tiffany doesn’t have reasons for hating people. It’s like she points at them and thinks ‘I’m going to hate you.’” I laughed only because it sounded a little like me.

“So when is Tiffany coming because I would like to leave before she does.” I gave a quick smile and Mitch laughed.

“Don’t let Tiffany scare you off.” Mitch thought I was scared of her, now that is funny.

“I’m not scared of her, I just don’t like her and I try to avoid drama. No offense, but she seems like a drama queen.” I grabbed my almost empty smoothie and said goodbye to everyone not really knowing where I was going. I was letting my feet take me somewhere I have not been yet if there is somewhere I have not been.

I ended up coming across this little music shop that if I was driving I would pass it a million times never knowing it existed. I walk in to check it out and it looked like it was going out of business. Probably because everybody has an iPod now. It was pretty abandoned in here and I wondered if anyone even worked here. So I shouted “Hello.” All I heard was the echo of my voice.

To have a little fun I decided to play some CD’s of bands I’ve never heard, but are in bestsellers. I grabbed one and it was Sigh No More by Mumford & Sons. I actually kind of liked their music, so I started rocking out to it. More like dancing around the store looking at other CDs of people I have never heard of. I was actually having a lot of fun.

Then the music stopped and at first I thought that the CD finished, but then I realized that I have only listened to like 6 songs. I turned around and I saw Miller standing by the CD player. I gave a weak smile and he just laughed. I haven’t seen him or heard about him for at least two weeks since that run on the beach. “I would have turned it off sooner, but I was with a customer in the other room.” He explained and I looked at the other room and it was a room filled with guitars and some other instruments.

“You actually get customers?” I smiled.

“Not usually in this half of the store and every once in awhile in the other half of the store. This is the best place to get an instrument especially since the next shop is like 5 hours from here.” I was joking and didn’t really need to know all that, but it’s nice to know that if I need an instrument I would have to buy it from here.

“So if I need an instrument or CD I guess I have to drive 5 hours to get one.” Miller rolled his eyes and grabbed some a stack of CDs off the table and began putting them where they belong. “Why did you decide to work here out of all places?”

“It’s a family business and plus I barely have to do anything and I get paid for it, so it’s pretty much my dream job.” I laughed because I would certainly kill for a job like that. “So where is the rest of your gang?”

“Oh, so you are wondering where Tiffany is at? Well she is definitely not at the banana shack.” I only said that because Tiffany has a crush on him, but I am not quite sure he likes her that way.

“Why would I care about Tiffany?” So I am assuming he doesn’t like her that way. Oops I guess I just revealed her biggest secret.

“Oh, right that Is Tiffany who has a big crush on you. I got confused.” I smiled.

“Yeah, since the 5th grade.” Miller rolled his eyes.

“So you knew this whole time?” he nodded, which totally ruined the fun of telling him.

We talked for a little longer actually a lot longer. I came in when the sun was still up and when I left it was dark. Miller was a pretty cool dude. He is very into doing extreme sports and adventurous stuff. Like one time he went cliff diving, which just sounds scary. Miller closed up early just so he could give me a ride home. It’s not like it was a busy day anyways.

When I got home no one was there, so I invited him in to go for a night swim. We raced, we splashed each other and then we went into the Jacuzzi and talked more. Then we kissed, but I quickly pushed him off me. “I’m sorry, but you should go now.” I said and he quickly got out and left. I did like him, but as I said I like to have a friendship before a relationship. I hope this doesn’t make things awkward between us.

As I was wrapping the towel around me, Neil appeared by the door. He looked at me then smiled a creepy smile that he does whenever he thinks I like someone. “So who was the boy?” He asked before I had a chance to run away.

“His name is Miller and yes we kissed, but I pulled away because you know my policy.” I answered his question and he let me pass him. “He probably hates me.” I said as I walked into the kitchen with Neil following me.

“I guy actually hating you, impossible.” Neil was being a smart ass, so I hit him on the arm.

“Tons of guys hate me and that is mainly because I won’t hook up with them. And it is ironic that they call me a whore because I don’t want to have sex with them.” Neil laughed and I smiled only realizing that fact for the first time.

“Goodnight.” He said right before he gave me a kiss on the forehead and went upstairs to go to bed. I decided to stay up and watch scary movies all night, which will probably end badly since I get terrified when I watch scary movies. Probably after the first scary movie I will turn it off and watch late night television which kind of sucks.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't yet thank those who commented
So thanks for the comments it means a lot
Enjoy :)