Ripped Jeans & T-shirts

Half a Day with Mitch

The next morning around noon I went to the beach with Nora because I don’t think I’ve actually had a planned trip to the beach. Mitch was going to join us later, but for now if was girl time. I felt like everywhere Nora and I went Mitch would follow and then Tiffany would meet up with us later. It really bugged me because I hate Tiffany.

We got to the perfect spot which was right by the lifeguard tower. The lifeguard was looking quite fine today and we both wanted a good view. We tried to lay our towels down all sexy like, but they kept blowing into our faces, so we actually looked like idiots. Eventually we were able to lay them down. Then we put sunscreen on and kind of made a fool of ourselves again. I opened the bottle of sunscreen, but nothing was coming out, so I looked at it carefully to see if something was blocking it from coming out. Then Nora tried to grab it out of my hand, but once she squeezed it, it squirted all over my face.

After having the life guard laugh at us a couple times we decided to stop trying to look sexy and to just have fun. We ran down to the ocean and once we hit the water we both screamed because it was cold, but we kept going in. This has felt like the most normal day I have had ever since I arrived.

When we got out of the water we noticed to girls chatting it up with the cute lifeguard. When we got closer I realized it was Marissa and Mackenzie. Of course they would be friends because they are both rich snobby bitches. “Hey sexy, you realize that one of them is a psycho path who likes to take cute guys and rip their hearts out and the other one has a boyfriend.” I gave the lifeguard a heads up and they both gave me death stares.

“I am not a psycho path.” Mackenzie said as she walked down from the tower and stopped in front of me.

“Then why is there a torture room where your closet should be?” I was messing with her and everyone there knew it too except her and her brilliant friend Marissa.

“I’ve been in her room and there is no torture room.” Marissa explained to the lifeguard.

“Thanks for letting me know.” He said a little confused of what was going on. “By the way my name is Chris.” I smiled because that was my name too.

“No way my name is Kris too, but if you don’t mind I am going to stick with calling you sexy.” He shrugged and I assumed that meant he didn’t mind.

“You are ruining my chances of getting with him.” Mackenzie whispered to me so Chris wouldn’t hear her.

“Chris do you want to hook up with Mackenzie?” I bluntly asked.

“Umm… not really.” Chris said in an awkward tone.

“Now you can stop wasting your time with someone who is way out of your league.” I gave her a cocky smile and she gave me the death stare. I get that a lot from her these days and I have no clue why.

“I am sure he is not interested in you either.” That was her great big comeback.

“I know because he is interested in Nora. He couldn’t keep his eyes off of her until you two showed up.” Everyone was silent not really knowing how to respond.
Eventually Mackenzie grabbed Marissa and left after being humiliated in front of a guy she has been admiring from afar for two weeks. Nora and Chris were getting along pretty well until Mitch showed up and was being all protective of Nora. I did my part by grabbing Mitch and disappearing for the rest of the evening, so they could have some alone time.

To be honest this was probably the first time Mitch and I have hung out alone. It’s always been Nora, Mitch and I, but I was just hanging with Mitch. I was a little nervous because of what Miller said. If he was right about Mitch, then I was scared he would show his true colors around me today. Is it weird that I sort of do want him to show his true colors and then I don’t want him to at the same time? I want to know what he is really like, but I am scared that I won’t like who he truly is.

We decided to hang at the arcade. I know it sounds pretty lame, but there was much more to do. I also wanted to show off my mad video game skills. Growing up with three brothers made me become a total pro at almost all kinds of video games. Except I can never ever get a hang of those stupid racing ones.

Mitch challenged me to a game of Shoot ‘N’ Kill. Never heard of it, but apparently all you have to do is shoot and kill people. It sounds easy, but it is a lot harder than it looks mainly because you have to try not to get killed yourself. It is hard for most people, but about 5 minutes into the game I got the hang of it. A crowd started to form and I felt like I was in a movie. I ended with the new highest score. All the girls gave nasty looks while all the guys were high fiving me. I felt like I was some Goddess to them and I loved it.

“Hey, Kris!” I heard someone shout, but I knew it wasn’t Mitch. Then skater dude came out of the crowd to where I could see him. How did he know my name? Oh wait everyone was chanting it like I was some celebrity.

“Skater dude, what’s up?” I was in such I good mood that I didn’t bother to be rude to him like I would of if I didn’t just get a high score on some lame game.

“It’s Wesly, but call me Wes.” He put his hand out for me to shake and I just stared at it for awhile until I realized what was going on.

“Sorry not interested go find some desperate whore.” I said and right as I said that Mackenzie came in. Boy does she have perfect timing. I pointed to her and said, “There’s one right over there.” Everyone was laughing because apparently Wes has never been turned down before. Mitch and I decided to ditch because it was getting to crowded and I hate Mackenzie.

I felt like Mackenzie was a fake. She acts like she is so popular in the rich world, but she is so desperate that she has to go to a stupid arcade to find a guy. You would think if she was so popular and glamorous with the rich people then she would able to sleep with one of them. I feel like she is trying, so hard to be a slut, but she just can’t get anyone to have sex with her. Why are so many girls, so desperate to lose their virginity?

Mitch and I decided to get some fries at Hal’s. It was a little awkward at first because we didn’t really talk much, but after I kept blabbing about how we weren’t talking the tension lightened up. We started to talk about our siblings and apparently he hates his. He has a younger brother who is 12 years old and an older sister who is 22 years old. He says that his little brother gets him in trouble a lot and his sister picks on him a lot. After that are conversation faded and it began to get awkward until Luke came through the door.

He looked so cute today. He was wearing a plain white t-shirt and had skinny jeans on which should his perfect looking as. His hair was done all nicely; it was gelled to the side. I figured he probably is going on a date or is coming back from one. I told Mitch I was going to the bathroom, but I was really going to talk to Luke. I don’t know why I lied, but I felt like I had too. “Hey Handsome.” I surprised him from behind.

“Oh, hey Kris.” He didn’t sound so happy.

“What’s the matter?” I actually said with concern.

“Marissa and I had a fight. It was the stupidest fight ever. She asked me if I liked her shoes and I said ‘sure’ she went all ballistic on me and walked out before we even got to sit and eat dinner. I don’t understand girls at all.” He explained and it made me happy they fought, but of course Luke was unhappy and I didn’t like that.

“I don’t get girls either.” And I meant it. They complain about the stupidest things and they get so dramatic over the stupidest things too. Then Marissa walked through the door and I knew our conversation was over.

“Thanks for cheering me up.” He gave me a crappy hug and then walked towards Marissa, so I went back to my table where Mitch was waiting, but I was starring at Luke and Marissa until they left.

“Get over him he is taken.” Mitch said kind of rudely.

“Okay mister attitude it takes awhile to get over someone especially if I just started to fall for them.” I began to storm out and then I realized I was being one of those stupid dramatic bitches and came back. “Sorry I apologize for the unnecessary dramatic scene you just struck a nerve.”