Status: A little bit of everything for the picky reader

Novelties & Souvenirs

Like the Stars

The darkness is really peaceful; a large black mass of nothing, except for all the gorgeous, white-hot, sparkling diamonds. They flicker and dance in the endless night, like they're listening to a soliloquy. In a way, they are just like humans; going on and dancing, not knowing that they can be ended in a split second. Yet, they die, just as beautifully as they live, exploding in a red mass... Well, just like humans too, every last one of them. I hear that it's not all that bad, it's like falling; an abrupt fear then peace, as you glide through space and time...only to hit the ground. Then it's hell.

Blood, guts, screaming, and death all around. You hit the ground running, dodging bombs and bullets as you move towards your enemies. Then everyone around you is dead, and you have to make a choice. Live or kill? Most choose to live, but those are usually just the new recruits. Us older guys choose to stay and kill, because what is the point in trying to live with all of those dark and bloody memories? We stay, until we're exploded, just like the stars...
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a tribute to my brother Landon's writing