Status: A little bit of everything for the picky reader

Novelties & Souvenirs

Betrayal

The hands of the alarm clock stood at 5:47 on a summer afternoon. "Dang, I got to start dinner," Jason complained. He worked diligently chopping potatoes, carrots and onions, mashed the meat and stirred the broth.

"Jason, you're the best cook ever," Sarge said joyfully. "Dang good stew." Sarge turned and left the room to get the other Mach Drivers for dinner. He walked down the banks and checked off the soldiers standing at attention. "Where is Sir Gallant and Dreadnaught?" he said lowering his voice.

"Not here sir!" shouted private Zano, standing at a perfect attention. "They left with the prisoner Jole, sir! Went to check him in with Civilian Tastle sir." Sarge couldn't help but notice the clouded tone that Zano said that last remark with, but he refused to allow it to ruin his joyful mood.

----------------------

"You should learn to study your opponents," Jole said ecstatically. "Because you never know when they'll bite back!" Sir Gallant was on the floor with a messed up and sparking gun.

"Just because you took out my gun, doesn't mean you'll get away," Sir Gallant said angrily. He looked over at Tastle Jr., who was at the time bleeding from his side. "Dreadnaught, save the boy!" Gallant yelled.

"As you wish, my commander," Dreadnaught said with a dark tone. He walked over to Jole and cut his binding, then pointed his gun at young Tastle.

"What are you doing?" yelled Sir Gallant. "Kill the prisoner!"

Dreadnaught eyed him coolly. "No," he said. "I think I'd rather save him and pick up the reward."

The sudden sound of a shot-gun being cocked drew everyone's attention. "Don't move," said Tastle Sr., putting emphasis behind every syllable, "Or I annihilate all the gears and wires in your body." His eyes shone with a rabid fury behind the 12 gauge he had trained on Dreadnaught and Jole.

"Good." Dreadnaught whipped around and caught the oncoming buck shot in his chest. "Run, Jole," Dreadnaught called as he knocked Gallant back to the ground.

Shink! Blood dripped from Jole's arm. "I'd stay right where you are if I was you," Zano called from behind, sword drawn.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another random idea