Status: A little bit of everything for the picky reader

Novelties & Souvenirs

The Room

This old house is rotting away, the wood beginning to chip and fall. The steps seem to yell at you as you press on through it. Once the biggest, most elegant house ever built, now a vermin breeding ground filled with forgotten memories. You walk in, the musty air penetrates your eyes and lungs. A giant staircase, dusty and unused, lies in front; doors line the lonely, wooden walls; pictures of families and past guests hang like gallowed prisoners. You search the house, coming to an iron, bolted, chained vault. What is it? Why is it locked? Who lies behind it? How long has it been locked?

You reach forward and brush the rusted chains lightly. Quickly, they crumble under your fingers. Bang! The heavy lock falls to the floor. Grasping the dead bolt you pull back with all your strength and hear a satisfying thud as the bolt retreats back into the door. Your heart racing you take a deep breath and reach out for the handle, slowly twisting it and pushing once it is in your grasp. The door is stuck; you push a little harder until finally you hear a whining, grating noise as the hinges that haven't been used in years twist. Painfully slow, the door opens.
♠ ♠ ♠
No, I didn't leave anything out. This is how I wanted it to end, so your imagination could run wild.