Status: A little bit of everything for the picky reader

Novelties & Souvenirs

Wake Up

A long, dark hall lay empty except for all the zombie-like humans seeming to stand at attention to an invisible master. The youngest boy in the line of humans wiggled his ears in a thinking motion. "Wait," he thought. "Why am I standing here like an elementary student waiting to pee?" Just then the floorboard stretched out before them. He and many others were standing on a horizontal escalator, moving toward gaping doors that were opening and closing as if they were chewing the humans to dust. The boy tried to move his legs but to no avail, he feared that this human network node would leave him a hollow shell of himself. As the line moved systematically towards mind control, his legs lifted and he stepped off and......

----------------------

"All I remember is falling straight back from the second story window, bleeding profusely from my skull, and coughing while I sputtered random words as I ran to my house still not knowing I was bleeding out. Then, waking to a nightmare," he said.

"Maybe that bump on your head woke you up," Thai explained.

"Sure," Kade said sarcastically. "I wish I could wake up to me still bleeding."