Status: A little bit of everything for the picky reader

Novelties & Souvenirs

Night

The black night bare; the sparkles on the snow and chilled winds from the mountains up above; the tall and ever despairing pines and furs black out the path and scenery ahead. The clouds above are the deepest gray, moving slow and mystically, keeping most of the Harvest Moon out. Though the wind is whipping and blowing, the clouds seem to want to stay in front of the ever dimming light, the only source of courage and hope. As the moon is devoured, shadows play along the side of the whispering carriage as we move on down through the valley. The carriage lamp is slowly fading as the darkness thickens. Now I am left alone in the passenger car, the driver urging the horses to stay ahead of the wind. I look out the window, the trees steadily leaning over us until I cannot see my hands in front of me. Howls and primal animal screeches are the only thing keeping the now freezing blood moving. The trees seem to whisper our sprint to civilization, the chaotic wind passes the word and is now muffing the howls, leaving me in deafening silence and thoughts want to be written. I look back out into the deadwood. Figures indescribable move further into the depths. The snow falling picks up into the darkest blizzard. I shut all the curtains, but as I shut the one behind me a penetrating chill befalls me as I look out into the nothingness. I sit there for moments that feel like ages, and I swear that eyes somewhere in there have locked on mine. I finally shut it and pound on the roof, yelling for haste. After a few minutes the driver stomps twice, which means he must stop soon. All at once my muscles tense, the blood in my veins freeze over, chills and adrenaline rush through me; my hair responding by trying to escape my head and arms. I want to tell him no, I want to scream just to breathe. All that comes out is frost bitten air as my mouth dries. After the paralyzing fear breaks, I look out to see what is ahead. Ever dim lights ahead mark a crossroad, which means people and a warm bed to wait out this dreadful night.