Status: Slowly writing this!

I Have Your Back

Nine

The sun's rays were prominent on my skin as I flipped over onto my stomach. I glanced behind me to see Claude staring at me.

"Why are you so hot?" he groaned as he got out of the pool and walked towards me. I blushed and giggled softly.

"Cause I'm yours?" the smirk on his lips immediately morphed into one huge smile. He sat on the chase lounge next to mine and brought the beer to his lips.

"You were just as hot before you were mine," there was a hint of sadness laced in his compliment but I ignored it.

"I'm much more happier now than before," I ended the conversation and tried to concentrate on not letting the heat get to me.

"Brooklyn brought something over for you earlier," my eyes opened slowly.

"What is it?" my heart was beating rapidly.

"I don't know, it's sitting on the kitchen counter." he shook his head disapprovingly as I jumped up and ran into the kitchen. There was a bouquet of azaleas in a vase on the counter with an envelope in front of it with my name on it. I slowly walked over to the counter and grabbed the envelope. My name was written in neat, cursive writing. I opened it and pulled the letter out. I read the neat handwriting with caution.


Bailey,

I'm terribly sorry for everything Jesse did to you. Danny and I are no longer together. I blame myself for our break up... he couldn't be with me knowing I knew what was going on with you. I don't blame him for feeling that way. I regret not trying to help you. Neither Danny or I blame you for the ending of our relationship. I hope you can forgive me for everything that has happened, and I hope one day that Danny will be able to forgive Jesse for what he did to you. I hope the very best for you and Claude. You seem truly happy with him, and to truly love him.

Sincerely,

Brooklyn Kane-Brooks


Did I love him? Is love knowing your boyfriend won't hit you when he's mad? Is love knowing your boyfriend won't cheat on you? Is love having a connection during sex? Is love what Claude and I have? Is love waking up next to each other and smiling? Is love being content?

"Claude!" I screamed his name and ran out to where he was. I saw him standing, looking for me. I ran towards him and jumped onto him. My arms wrapped around his neck and my legs wrapped around his waist.

"What's wrong baby?" his arms wrapped around my back and rubbed soothing circles. I pressed a kiss to his shoulder and looked at him. "What's wrong? Are you okay?" his eyes searched mine for something - anything to tell him what was going on.

"I love you, Claude."
♠ ♠ ♠
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. Sorry for the delay and suchh. I'm writing the next chapter now. xoxo.