Status: Active

You're Not In This Alone

Be the First to Say I'm Sorry

Making his way back to the waiting room, Mikey couldn’t keep his thoughts off of Frank. He thought, despite what everyone says, that male nurses were fucking hot. They had the guts to actually be a male nurse, first of all. But other than that, Mikey wasn’t sure why he grew so fond of them over the years.

He found his seat and kicked his feet up before remembering that he wasn’t at home and putting your feet on a table at a hospital probably isn’t right. A heavy sigh came out and he almost forgot where he was as a nurse stepped out of one of the swinging white doors.

“Mikey? Mikey Way?”

“Oh- uh. Here,” he stumbled out of his chair and walked over to the nurse.

“He’s ready for you,” she gleamed. Her eyes smiled in that I-hate-my-fucking-job kind of way and her lips curled just a little at the edges.

She led him to the room 343 and left him alone.

The room had one bed. One bed. No curtain. Mikey thought back to when he visited his grandmother as a child. She shared a room with a strange old man that never seemed to talk. This was different. Like they just cooped him up in a room because they were scared. Because they thought he was dangerous.

Mikey approached the bed slowly and wrapped his long fingers around the end of it. He didn’t feel anything, just the cold that came from the metal he was holding.

Gerard heard Mikey come in, but didn’t want to see him. He didn’t want to see the look of disappointment or even worse- to see his brother cry. His strong younger brother, being beat down- because of him. He pretended to be sleeping.

“You can’t hide from me forever,” Mikey sighed after five minutes of standing at the foot of the bed. He stepped towards the white armchair that was next to the bed and took a seat.

“I’m not mad Gee. I’m not.”

He grabbed Gerard’s hand that was under the blankets and kissed it.

“Gee?”

Gerard, under the covers, felt his eyes watering and a lump forming in his throat. He couldn’t take it anymore. He pulled off the white blanket and looked up at Mikey.

“I’m sorry,” He whimpered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about taking so long to update and the shortness of the chapter. School recently started and it's been a rough couple of weeks for me. Well, it's the weekend now so hopefully I'll get some more writing time. Thanks for reading.

xoxo A.