Status: In progress

YC Days

Sick

Under normal circumstances, Adrian would never let anyone sleep in his bed. But this was different. There was only one bedroom in their small apartment, and ever since Max had been living with him he slept on the couch; but Max had recently come down with a bad cold. They were forced to continue an investigation in the rain the night before -- and the rain in September was never forgiving. Luckily for Adrian he had a better immune system for that kind of thing, he did reckless shit all of the time, but Max on the other hand was sick as a dog and Adrian couldn’t just let the poor guy crash on the couch. So after hours or so of convincing, Max finally allowed Adrian to take him to his room (and by take I mean he had to carry him, and although that wasn’t necessary Max had no arguments).
“Are you sure you’ll be alright?” Adrian asked, for once actually concerned.
“Yeah, yeah.” Max said. He obviously wasn’t paying very much attention to Adrian’s question. Adrian walked out of the room and began to set up a blanket and pillow on the couch.
Adrian’s bed was soft, and Max snuggled up against his pillow. It smelled like him, he thought to himself. His cheeks were tickled pink as he closed his eyes, ignoring the throbbing in his head and the aching in his bones. He eventually fell asleep to the scent; mixture of ginger, cologne and musk. Whatever it was, it was like a choir of angels in scent mode, and Max didn’t want it to leave.

When morning came around, something seemed different. It was warmer than before... Heavier? Max opened his eyes to see an arm over his side. His eyes slowly trailed up the arm to find the body, a dark brown haired boy was snuggling his face into Max’s back. It was Adrian, asleep like a log. Max felt his face get red as he sat up, before realizing he felt a lot better than last night. Maybe he didn’t feel perfect, still a little groggy, but it wasn’t as bad as before.
“... Adrian...? Why are you in here...” He asked the sleeping by, who in return began to wake up. He had slight bed head; he always did in the mornings. Max couldn’t help find it a bit humorous and adorable. “Why are you in here?” He asked again, this time a bit louder to make sure Adrian could hear him.
“Huh?” He asked, scratching his back, obviously not fully awake yet. He yawned. “Last night you were shaking in your sleep like crazy and saying my name so I climbed into help keep you warm.” Adrian cleared the tiredness out of his throat and Max’s eyes widened. “You look like you’re doing better. Oh, uh...” Adrian pointed to Max’s face, and Max wiped the drool from the corner of his mouth, now even more embarrassed.
“I’m gonna head to the office, you can stay here today if you want. Do you need anything?” Adrian asked as he stood up, walking over to his dresser and rummaging through clothing. Max paused for a moment, still imagining Adrian’s body against his, arms wrapped around him. How could he have slept through that?!
“Max? You okay? Does your throat hurt?” Adrian asked again, eyebrows furrowed in concern.
“H-huh? Oh... No... No it’s okay, I don’t need anything.” He said, as he started to get out of bed.
“Are you sure?” Adrian asked one more time, just to be certain.
“Yes, Braginski! Put a sock in it already...” Max walked out of the room to get some coffee, and Adrian smiled as he changed clothes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I finally decided to get serious with this. I... I don't know what I'm doing anymore.
This. Just.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
- BananaDolphin