Status: In progress

YC Days

Salt and Lemon

Adrian had recently been under alot of stress from work; and Max knew this. How did he know? Any time Adrian was stressed out he’d try to run from his problems with alcohol, so right after work he’d go straight to a bar and come home wasted. Now, the fact Adrian drank was never really a problem; he wasn’t a bad drunk. When he was drunk, he’d be quiet rather than loud, and stare off into space. Max assumed he was thinking to himself about things that his pride wouldn’t let him think about when he was sober. It wouldn’t surprise him. Adrian was always stubborn. See, the drunken episodes weren’t the problem that Adrian had; it was the aftershock.

Adrian laid face down on the couch in the living room, groaning and moaning and Max stood over him -- for once towering him -- with his hands on his hips and rolling his eyes. “I told you that you shouldn’t have stayed out so late last night,” he scolded, “now get up, we need to go to work.”
“Maaaax...” Adrian’s voice trailed off, “... Get me some water.” He said in a dry voice. Max’s mouth went into an irritated line and he then bit his lip, giving in to Adrian’s request. He handed Adrian a cold glass of tap water. “Here. Sit up and drink and start getting ready. I don’t want to be late because of your salt and lemon.”
That’s what Max had always referred to when Adrian got drunk; his salt and lemon. Mainly because of his obsession with tequila.

--------

Irritated and full of complaints, Adrian reluctantly sat in the office at the police department with Max. He had bags under his eyes and couldn’t go five minutes without commenting on his headache. Max just wanted to smack him right in the face, but held back. Adrian was taller, bigger, stronger. He was also irritated. He wouldn’t hesitate to give Max a black eye or a broken rib with the snap of his finger. It’s not like he hadn’t done it before.
“Well, I guess this means you aren’t going out to drink tonight, right?”
Another groan escaped Adrian’s mouth. He was always mean, but... When he was hungover, he was much more childish than usual. It amused Max but was annoying to say the least.
“I have an idea, why don’t we go out to eat?” Max asked, a sudden smile on his face.
Before Adrian had time to answer, Roy entered the room. “Listen up, ladies.” He said tauntingly. Although Max and Adrian didn’t care, they were used to being addressed that way. Roy was their superior, he called alot of his underlings “ladies.” He’d been a veteran. He had all the right to call them that.
“I hope you don’t have any plans, we’re shit swamped in this kidnapping case.”
The kidnapping case... The same case that kept Adrian and Max out all night in the rain.
“You guys haven’t caught this sick fuck yet?” Adrian asked, sitting up. Of course, he always acted less childish around superiors. Max almost considered him to be acting like a man right now.
Almost.
“The only leads we have are from Tuesday’s investigation. We’ve got two more missing kids. We start the search at 3pm, asking questions. You know how it goes... Unless you have any better ideas.” Roy said smugly. He knew damn well Adrian didn’t have any better ideas; and that it pissed Adrian off. Roy had always been a dick. That’s probably why Max had never really liked him. Adrian looked down, back at his paperwork.
“I’ll see you girlies at three, then.” And with that, Roy left the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh Adrian, you silly silly boy. Your liver is going to die!
Heh. Yeahhh...
- BananaDolphin