One Hit Wonder

Chapter One

“Oh my god, I cannot believe this is really happening to us! Three girls from Ohio, of all places!” Adelaide shrieked in excitement.

“We’re actually here; at Regal Studios in Los Angeles, California!” Ivy said equally excited.

“I wonder what they’re going to say,” Sylvia added, curiously.

They stood in the lobby of the huge studio building, waiting for the secretary to tell them when their meeting with the music producers who contacted them would begin.

All of their parents were sitting with them, chatting with each other. As parents, they weren’t really sure if they wanted their daughters to become big and famous. They were afraid of how fame and fortune would effect their families and, most of all, their daughters. But being loving parents they wanted their daughters to be happy. After all they were sweet girls with level heads and strong hearts.

“Sylvia, Ivy, and Adelaide? You’re meeting is about to begin in room two-hundred forty-four on floor two,” the secretary spoke up.

All three girls squealed and their parents chuckled. They all made their way over to the elevators shouting a thank-you in the direction of the dark haired secretary who simply smiled back.

They pressed the second floor button and the elevator slowly made its way there.

They turned right down the hallway according to the sign which said that the meeting room was in that direction. They came to the door which was already open and there were four men, three in suits and one in jeans and and t-shirt, sitting down at the long table with an immense amount of chairs surrounding it.

“Oh, hello girls,” the dark haired man said, standing and coming over to shake everyone’s hands, “I’m George Turgid, the president of Regal Studios, and this is my vice-president, James Cardinal, and our studio supervisor, Craig Ashton. And this,” the man referenced to the only man in the room who was not dressed in a suit, “Is, Ben Daniels who would be pleased to become your personal manager if you listen to the offer we have in store for you.”

The girls tried to refrain from squawking their happiness as he made his way around the group shaking the parents hands as well.

“We have seen your video on YouTube and with the intense response it created we would be stupid not to be interested in signing you to our label, Rendezvous Records,” Mr. Turgid explained.

“So I’ll begin with asking, would you be interested in signing with us and becoming three of the hottest superstars on the planet?” Mr. Turgid asked.

“YES!” all three girls squealed at the exact same time.

Mr. Turgid and the other men chuckled, “Good now let’s discuss...”

The smiles on the girls faces never ceased, but slowly faded, for the next forty-five minutes while their parents and the gentlemen discussed the technicalities of their new found “job” if you could call it that. Discussions like these bored the three girls and soon they almost began to fall asleep as boredom overwhelmed them. Soon however, Ben Daniels noticed how bored they were becoming and came to their rescue.

“Hey girls, would you like to experience what it’s like to record in a studio?” Mr. Daniels suggested as the rest of the group continued to talk over everything.

The girls’ parents were very thorough when it came to things like this, they wanted to make sure their baby girls would be safe with this record company.

“Oh my god, yes! Yes please!” the girls were giddy and excited to finally get to do something.

They followed him out of the room and down the hallway and into another room with a big sound board with buttons, lights, switches, and knobs galore. And behind a panel of glass inside the sound proof recording part of the room was a couple microphones, a piano, and a couple guitars.

“Whoa! This is so amazing!” Ivy said, waltzing right through the door into the recording room where the piano was located.

Addy and Sylvia laughed at the fact that she had immediately gravitated towards the piano. They followed her into the the little room and Mr. Daniels stuck his head in and asked, “Would you like to try recording something?”

The girls grinned and nodded quickly, “Oh, thank you Mr. Daniels, that would be so fantastic!”

He chuckled, “It’s no problem, and please, call me Ben.”

He closed the door to the recording room and walked over and sat in the swivel chair in front of the sound board.

Addy and Sylvia picked up the two guitars which stood on their stands in the room. They threw the straps around their shoulders and Ivy sat down and pressed some keys on the piano. She was surprised however to find that no sound was produced.

“You need to press the on switch on the keyboard, Ivy, and then all of you need to put on the headphones hanging on the mic stands,” Ben directed them.

They did what they were told and when Ivy then pressed the keys on the piano notes were produced through their headphones. The girls smiled and tested their guitars, which they were happy to find were acoustic.

“Ok! Well, ready to jam?” Ben asked them.

“Hold on a sec,” Sylvia stopped them, “What are we going to sing girls?”

Addy gave a mischievous grin and began to play the first few notes of the song One Thing by One Direction.

The girls laughed in agreement and then they gave Ben a thumbs up. He smiled and counted down with his fingers from five to one before pressing a button and pointing at them to start.

Addy and Sylvia played their first notes on their guitars to the song and Ivy waited until her part would come to play the piano, which was not until the chorus. The girls had taken the time to edit this song a little bit to fit their voices and instruments perfectly back when they had first heard it. They arranged their own guitar and piano parts and figured out who would sing what and when, depending on the melodies and harmonies.

Sylvia began the song because she was a second alto and could hit the low notes that Liam achieves so beautifully.

“I’ve tried playin’ it cool, but when I’m looking at you, I can’t ever be brave ‘cause you make my heart race,” she sang, being sure not to say “chu” because their choir director had taught them that being sloppy in their pronunciation was a very bad habit.

Ivy now jumped in, and in this next line added a harmony to Sylvia’s melody, “Shot me outta the sky, you’re my kryptonite, you keep making me weak, yeah, frozen and can’t breathe.”

Then Addy took over, and sang alone, “Something’s gotta give now, ‘cause I’m dying just to make you see, that I need you here with me now, cause you’ve got that one thing.”

Then they all hopped in on the chorus, with Addy singing melody and Ivy and Sylvia singing harmonies; Veronica began her piano part as well, “So! Get out, get out, get outta my head, and fall into my arms instead. I don’t, I don’t, don’t, know what it is, but I need that one thing, and you’ve got that one, thing.”

Ivy sang Niall’s part because, in her opinion, Niall was the bee’s knees, “Now I’m climbing the walls, but you don’t notice at all, that I’m going outta my mind,” Addy added the harmony on this next line, “All day and all night.”

Sylvia now sang as Addy and Ivy sang the soft ‘ohs’ in the background, “Something’s gotta give now, cause I’m dying just to know your name. And I need you here with me now, cause you’ve got that one, thing.”

They all sang, “So! Get out, get out, get outta my head, and fall into my arms instead. I don’t, I don’t, don’t, know what it is, but I need that one thing. Get out, get out, get outta my mind, and come on, come in to my life. I don’t, I don’t, don’t know what it is but I need that one thing, and you’ve got that one thing.”

They all sang the ‘ohs’ and ‘whoas’ as the bridge began and then Addy popped in for Harry’s solo, “You’ve got that one thing!”

Then Sylvia, in her rich, low tones, sang, “Get out, get out, get outta my head, and fall into my arms instead.”

Then they all sang and Addy sang all the higher descants that Zayn would normally sing, “So! Get out, get out, get outta my head, yeah, and fall into my arms instead. I don’t, I don’t, don’t, know what it is, but I need that one thing!” Addy hung on to that note just as Zayn would, “Get out, get out, get outta my mind,” Addy also added Harry’s refrain of, ‘outta my mind’, “and come on, come into my life. I don’t, I don’t, don’t, know what it is, but I need that one thing, and you’ve got that, one, thing.”

They hit their last note perfectly and in sync with all their instruments. And once they were finished they heard a chorus of applause. They looked up at who all was applauding them because it was more than just Ben now.

They were shocked to look up and see five more, very, very, familiar faces smiling in at them. A tall boy with a mop of curls, a blonde Irish boy, a dark haired boy with sparkling eyes, another chocolate brunette with a goofy grin, and the last boy with the looks of a soft teddy bear.

The goofy boy leaned over and pressed a button on the sound board and spoke into the mic, “That was brilliant!” he spoke and the others agreed saying ‘yeah’, ‘lovely’, and ‘wonderful!’ His peppy voice and the other’s whispers filled the girls’ ears.

Then the teddy-bear boy added, “That was even better than when we preform it!”

The girls sat there in shock not yet being able to process that they were staring at their idols only a couple feet away from them.

Finally, Addy spoke up, pushing her blonde bangs out of her face, and in a whisper she said to her friends, “Holy shit. That’s One Direction.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was written by moi, LoveShawty22. :)

Drop a comment, please, and let us know what you think!

Much love!
Sarah <3