One Hit Wonder

Chapter Three

Interesting. Yes, that was the best word to describe their situation. Sylvia was sitting crisscross applesauce on the couch and she was staring off into space. In front of the couch was Niall, Louis, Liam, and Ivy trying to figure out what scary movie to watch. A deep sigh escaped her lips as she started biting her fingernails. She knew it was a bad habit, but she couldn’t control it.

“You do know that is a bad habit to start?” a voice came from the side. A pair of big brown eyes met hers. She felt the couch move underneath her legs.

She moved her hands underneath her. “Yeah, I know. I just don’t know how to stop it.”

“Well,” Zayn stated, “If you don’t even try, how do you know you can stop?”

Sylvia nodded. “Good point.”

“Have you guys picked a movie, yet?” Addy asked, curiously. She was sitting on the right side of the couch. In her hand was her cell phone. It is her baby; she has to have it everywhere she goes.

“No! We are almost done, though,” Ivy spoke up. She went back into a huddle with Niall, Louis, and Liam like the movie was a secret … or a surprise.

Addy let out a heavy sigh. “Could you hurry it up? I want to get this movie done and out of the way as soon as possible,” Addy said.

“What?” Harry replied, coming into the living room. In his hands were two six-packs of Pepsi and popcorn in an enormous red bowl.

“Where’s the Root beer?!” Ivy looked around in panic. Niall’s head shot up.

“Popcorn!” he shrieked. He got up from the huddle and started attacking Harry. Harry moved the popcorn away from Niall.

“No! Niall, we have to share with the girls!” he stated, moving the bowl up, down, and sideways away from Niall’s grasp. Harry shoved the bowl of popcorn and the two six-packs of Pepsi into Addy’s lap. “Here take this,” he said.

“Awesome, Pepsi! That’s my favorite!” Addy exclaimed. She took the items Harry handed her and broke a can out of the plastic holder, “Hey Harry,” she started, opening her can with snap, “Which do you like better, Pepsi or Coca-Cola?”

Harry and Niall were playfully wrestling, “Um, I’m kind of occupied at the moment, let me get back to you,” he replied.

Sylvia chuckled at the scene before her. “This is cheaper than cable, guys!”

“Like I said before,” Niall said, struggling with Harry, “Welcome to One Direction!”

Harry had Niall in a head-lock. Niall tried to get his head out from under Harry’s arm.

“Doggy pile!” Louis yelled throwing his hands in the air. He ran up and jumped on Harry’s back. Liam followed his lead and landed on Louis back. Zayn and Ivy were the last to get in the pile. Zayn was on Niall’s back while Ivy was sitting on top of the “pyramid”.

“Um, guys, I hate to break up your little moment, but, what movie are we going to watch?!” Addy brought up, sipping out of her can of Pepsi. She looked down at her can and snapped off the metal tab meant for opening it, and put it inside the can in the drink itself.

“Why’d you do that?” Ivy asked, watching her, “That’s so gross! Now your hand germs are inside your pop!” She climbed off the pile of boys she had been previously sitting on.

“So? I barely ever get sick, germs don’t scare me!” Addy scoffed.

“But the day you do is gonna suck!” Ivy laughed.

“ANYWAYS,” Louis interjected, as he managed to get himself out of the dog pile, “We decided to watch The Exorcist.”

The girls groaned simultaneously.

“But I don’t wannnaa,” Addy whined, throwing her head back on the headrest of the couch.

“I don’t either,” Sylvia agreed.

“Well too bad, it was either that or Jaws and Addy, you said earlier that you thought that movie was daft,” Liam spoke.

“True dat,” Addy replied, just then her phone pinged in her pocket. She opened the text she just received and saw it was from her mother.

when are you coming back to the room?

“Hey girls, are we gonna go back to our rooms after the movie?” Addy asked them.

“No! We’re taking you all hostage!” Louis shouted as he got up from the floor where he was and wrapped his arms around Sylvia’s head and face. Niall did the same to Ivy and Harry bounced over to Addy and about strangled her as well.

The girls laughed and struggled to get out of their grasps.

“Um, Lou, let go of me,” Sylvia demanded, her voice muffled from his arms wrapped around her head. She secretly enjoyed his sweet and zesty scent where her head was squished against his chest. He almost smelled lemony...

“Sorry, but you can’t kidnap us or keep us as hostages,” Addy giggled against Harry. She snuck her arms around his waist as well and he involuntarily shivered.

“I saw that Haz!” Liam chuckled, referring to his reaction to Addy’s movements.

He grinned and shrugged trying to play it cool.

Niall laughed softly in Ivy’s ear and she felt her stomach do flips.

“Well, I’m going to put the film in the player now,” Zayn said awkwardly breaking the silence.

The rest of the lads who had their arms around the girls separated from them slowly and went and found seats on the couch. Addy finally typed a quick reply to her mom saying they’d be back whenever the movie was over.

Addy pulled the footrest over to her end of the couch and took her seat. She had set her Pepsi on the side table and took it back again and drank from it. Harry happily took a seat next to her and snatched her soda from her taking a swig.

She gave him a look and said, “Excuse me?”

“What?” he said, his accent thick making it sound more like, ‘Whut?’

She just laughed and took her drink back from him.

Next to Harry, Louis took his seat wrapping an arm around his best friend, “I’m so scared boo-bear! Hold me!” he pulled Harry into him.

“The film hasn’t even started yet!” Harry laughed trying to get out of Louis’s grasp, Addy watched them and laughed too as Harry kept looking over at her and smiling.

Next to Louis sat Liam, and on the other side of Liam was Zayn, after he put the DVD in the player. And finally on the other end of the sofa was Sylvia.

On the floor in the corner where the couch made it’s ninety-degree angle, sat Niall and on his left sat Ivy.

The music started playing indicating the movie was starting. “What’s with this?” Sylvia asked, “No previews? It just goes straight to the movie?”

“Yes. It’s one of the best things about this film,” Zayn answered.

Sylvia shook her head placing it in her hand. She wasn’t liking the fact that the first thing you see, before the movie starts, is that the movie is based on true events.

“You ready for this, Sylvia?” Ivy asked her, poking her leg.

Sylvia shook her head saying ‘no’ and whimpering.

Zayn looked at her out of the corner of his eye and just chuckled. She already seemed so frightened and the movie had barely begun.

Right off the bat the movie got right into being scary. The girls had a hard time taking their eyes off the screen for awhile because the movie was just so suspenseful. But once the gruesome scenes, where the little girl became more and more ugly because of the possession, progressed, it was easy for them to scream and bury there faces in the nearest pillows.

Harry chuckled at them and calmly wrapped an arm around Addy.

Ivy had already hid her face on Niall’s shoulder, causing him to smile, and wrap an arm around her as well.

Sylvia, however, had nowhere else to go, but soon Zayn quietly leaned in towards her and whispered, “I’m here if you need me.”

His low voice had frightened her though and she jumped, “Oh, geez, Zayn don’t scare me like that!” she said, putting her hand over her chest.

He chuckled, “Sorry Sylvia.”

She had comprehended what he offered though, and she was hesitant to give in. This movie was very scary but did she really want to snuggle up to a boy she barely knew? The other girls were doing it and they seemed very pleased.

Finally, she gave in, the temptation of having warm, strong arms hold her close being too much to bear.

The next really scary scene, she squealed, and quickly leaned in to Zayn hiding her face in his shoulder. He smiled at her and gracefully wrapped his arm around her shoulder pulling her close. She scooted closer to him as well making the position a lot more comfortable. She could smell his musty and woodsy scent and she surprisingly enjoyed it. But she couldn’t resist to sneak a couple glances over at Louis once in awhile, and sometimes they would catch each other’s glances.

As the movie went on Ivy and Niall managed to get a blanket and wrap themselves in it while Ivy continued to hide her face from the scarier parts of the movie. She was practically sitting in Niall’s lap by now and she fully enjoyed his scent which was a sweet and warm smelling amber. His arms were wrapped around her, keeping her plenty warm and she felt very safe. If it wasn’t for the scary movie, Ivy easily could’ve curled up in his arms and fallen right to sleep.

On the other end of the couch Addy and Harry were happily curled up together, also with a blanket. Addy had almost completely forgotten about the movie playing on the screen and had chosen a better subject to focus on; Harry. His scent was strong and minty, but also very comforting. Both of his long arms were wrapped protectively around her, and her head lay against his chest. His steady heartbeat drumming in her ear. If it wasn’t for the squeals from the other girls, and Louis, she easily could’ve fallen fast asleep as well.

As Zayn and Sylvia got closer during the rest of the film, Louis would sneak a peek over at them, and deep in the bottom of his stomach he felt a pang of jealously. He didn’t notice it however and thought about how he missed his girlfriend, Eleanor, at this point in time. So, in order to feel not so alone, he jokingly put his head on Liam’s shoulder and whispered, “Liam, hold me!”

Liam sat content in the middle of the couch, and when Louis had put his head on his shoulder he just laughed and, in a brotherly manner, put his arm around his friend’s shoulders.

The movie soon came to an end and by this time, Addy actually had fallen asleep. Her light snores went unnoticed while the movie was still playing but now that it was over they were easily heard. Even Louis had fallen asleep, resting on Liam’s shoulder.

“I’m never watching that movie again,” Sylvia mumbled, her face against Zayn’s shoulder, “Can we watch a chick flick next time instead?”

“I second that notion,” Ivy spoke, happily cuddling in closer to Niall, if that was even possible.

And Niall was nothing but smiles.

“Did you like the movie Addy?” Ivy questioned her.

But there was no response for she was fast asleep in Harry’s arms.

Harry laughed, looking down at the sleeping girl in his arms, “I think she’s asleep!” He brushed a piece of her curled blonde hair out of her face and saw that her eyes were gently closed, her lips were parted, and light snores issued from her. He couldn’t help but think how absolutely adorable she looked.

“Lou, is too,” Liam spoke up, referring to the eldest boy who was out like a lightbulb.

Everyone else laughed and then Sylvia, feeling slightly awkward in Zayn’s arms now, stood up and stretched. A yawn escaped her lips.

“Well, I don’t know how we’re gonna get her to our rooms,” she mentioned.

“Do we have to leave?” Ivy pouted, not wanting to leave the sanctuary of Niall’s embrace. Niall just chuckled.

“Yes, Ivy, we have to go. It’s already almost midnight,” Sylvia reasoned, placing a hand on her hip.

Suddenly they heard a yelp, “Ouch!”

Sylvia looked over at Louis who was now awake and rubbing his shoulder.

“What happened?” Zayn asked looking at the boys.

“He punched me! And rather hard, too!” Louis pouted, still rubbing the spot he had been hit, “You couldn’t have been more gentle, mate?”

“Nope, you were snoring in my ear,” Liam explained, “It sounded nasty.”

Everyone laughed again and Ivy, much to her disappointment, decided it was time to get up before she, too, fell asleep.

Niall stood as well shoving his hands in his pockets.

“Ok, Haz, I think you’ll have to carry her,” Liam suggested.

“Aw, is wittle Addy-kins sweeping?” Louis joked, talking in a babyish voice, and leaning over towards her.

“Yes, ya tard, now don’t wake her up!” Ivy laughed.

“Do I really have to carry her?” Harry asked, concerned. He didn’t want to wake her or even worse, accidentally hurt her.

“If you don’t want to, I will!” Louis said excitedly, moving towards the sleeping lady.

“No!” Harry basically shouted, Addy moaned and squirmed in his arms, which he tightened around her to protect her from Louis, “I don’t want you messing with her or hurting her,” he said more quietly.

“I wouldn’t hurt her,” Louis said sheepishly, crossing his arms, “Maybe just messed with her a bit.”

Finally he moved to get a better grip on her and gently picked her up bridal style, she only made a little noise but she didn’t wake. He smiled down at her and said childishly, “She’s so tiny.”

“Well she is only five feet tall,” Ivy smiled.

“And an inch and a half!” Sylvia defended her friend, because she couldn’t do it herself.

“You’re such a good friend,” Ivy laughed, “Defending her height for her, because we both know she would’ve had to mention the most important inch and a half.”

The girls laughed.

“She’s the shortest one here if she’s only that tall,” Niall mentioned.

“Congrats, Ni, you’re officially not the shortest one here, any longer,” Liam joked.

They all made their way over to the door and out into the hallway to go to the elevator.

“What floor were you guys on then?” Liam asked ready to press the button as they stood in the lift.

“Floor twelve,” Sylvia replied.

Soon the elevator began to move and suddenly Addy squirmed in Harry’s arms.

“Oh god, she’s moving, what do I do?” Harry asked.

Everyone laughed, “Don’t worry, she’s not waking up. She’s a heavy sleeper,” Ivy said to him.

And sure enough she found a spot nuzzled against Harry’s chest where she felt more comfortable and then she was still. Nothing but the rise and fall of her chest was moving on her body.

They made it back to their hotel rooms and Sylvia walked over to a door and knocked on it quietly. They waited a few moments and Addy’s sleepy mother, Cheri, answered the door.

She smiled at her daughter asleep in Harry’s arms and she led them to her bed. Harry set her down gently being sure not to wake her up. Sylvia set her shoes down by her bed, which she had taken off earlier before the movie, and Harry pulled her blankets over her. He glanced at her one last time and walked out of the room.

“Now what’s your name again?” Cheri asked the tall, curly haired boy.

“Oh, I’m Harry,” he smiled politely at her.

“Well, Harry,” she smiled, “Thank you for bringing her here. I hope she wasn’t too much of a hassle,” she joked.

“It was no problem,” he smiled too and he and Sylvia said goodbye to her and left their hotel room.

Niall was over with Ivy in front of her hotel room door saying good night.

“Well, g’night, Ivy,” he said sheepishly, “I had a great time.”

“Me too,” she grinned.

She stuck her key in the door and unlocked it, she held the door open for a second not sure what to say.

They were silent for a moment just looking around, until Ivy turned to leave a quick kiss on Niall’s cheek.

His face turned pink he grinned at her.

She smiled back as well and said, “Good night Nialler.”

He waved as she walked into her room and closed the door behind her.

“Oh, Niall’s gonna get a girlfriend!” Zayn poked his side.

“Oh, shut up, Zayn,” Niall laughed.

Sylvia had watched that as well and just smiled about her best friend. She was so happy for them. They were too cute. Once the show was over, she turned on her heel and walked down towards her room as well.

But all of a sudden she was attacked by a group hug.

“Good night, Sylvia,” she heard Louis’ voice say.

The boys backed off after a second, she laughed and replied, “Goodnight guys.”

“We’ll see you in the studio tomorrow, yeah?” Zayn asked her.

“I guess so,” she replied with a smile.

“Marvelous,” Louis grinned, following the rest of the boys down the hallway.

They waved as they made their way back to the elevator. She unlocked her door and took one last glance at the group down the hallway. Zayn caught her gaze and shyly smiled, but then Louis looked up at her as well, crossing his eyes and making a funny face. She laughed and waved and they waved back as they walked into the elevator and were gone for the night. Sylvia was happy to crawl into bed and get some well deserved sleep. She just hoped she wouldn’t have any nightmares from that scary movie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello!
We are happy you guys are enjoying this story!
We want to give out special shouts to: always forever; , Valiente, and OxycodoneXGenocide for commenting!
It means a lot to us.
And, we were wondering if we should put on another story (we are co-writing) on here. It's another One Direction story, and we would like to hear what you guys think.
Thank you again for commenting, reading, and subscribing! :D
Pip pip, cheerio! :D