One Hit Wonder

Chapter Five

-Sylvia-

“Ok, ok, I hate to break up your little bonding moment but, uh, now that they’ve accepted we need to get to the interview ASAP,” Ben interjected.

We all broke out of our group hug and then Addy turned to him and asked, “Interview?”

I stood there very confused, since when were we going to an interview?

“Oh, yeah, we forgot to tell you,” Louis chuckled.

I rolled my eyes.

“Well, now you know, let’s get going!” Ben said happily exiting the room.

We all followed him and we exited the building going back into our van.

“So where are we going exactly?” I asked, hoping anyone would answer.

“It’s a radio interview with...,” Liam trailed off, not quite sure of the radio station they were going to.

“It’s one-o-two point seven, KIIS FM,” a tall man finished for him. I didn’t know who he was.

“Oh, hey Paul!” Niall waved at him. Now I knew.

“Hey boys,” he replied taking a seat in the front. Instead of the chauffeur we had earlier, Noah was now our driver and Paul sat in the passenger seat.

“Nice to meet you ladies,” Paul smiled to us.

We all waved and Ivy grinned and said, “HI!”

Soon we were off and Ivy began to poke my cheek. She would trick me and poke my shoulder making me turn to look at her and awaiting my movement would be her finger to poke me in the face.

She giggled in amusement every time she would poke me.

Soon I began to give her a taste of her own medicine and soon she yelled, “Come at me bro! We doing this!? It’s going down TONIGHT.”

Addy began to laugh for she had been watching us.

The boys were happily sitting in the seats in front of us having their own conversations.

I poked Ivy again and all of a sudden she leaned over on me and started yelling, “Ah!”

They boys looked over at us now. I was laughing and so was Addy and then Ivy backed off of me and was silent.

We just laughed harder.

Soon out of the awkward silence of the boys staring at us, and Addy trying to hold back a laugh, I poked Ivy in the stomach once more and yet again she attacked me.

“They’re more crazy than we are,” Harry smiled.

Then Ivy backed off and she smacked me on the head. I smacked her back and we stared at each other and made funny faces.

“You’re hair is all messed up,” Ivy laughed, and she purposefully shook my hair everywhere.

I laughed and did it to her as well. Then Ivy turned on Addy who was highly amused by our silliness.

Addy laughed harder as Ivy began to tickle her, “No! Ivy! Stop!”

Ivy laughed diabolically and continued her tickle rampage. I laughed at my friends, glad I was having this adventure with them.

We pulled into the parking garage for the radio station. Our shenanigans died down until they dispersed altogether.

As we tumbled out of our creeper van, Ivy asked Liam, “What are they gonna ask us?”

Once everyone was out of the vehicle Noah and Paul took us inside and I listened to what Liam had to say.

“Well, they’ll probably ask who you are, first of all. Then they’ll ask us a bunch of questions about tour and the loads of crazy things we do,” he responded, “And it all should be pretty harmless.”

“No pressure right?” Addy laughed.

I chortled, yeah right, no pressure... I’m gonna be honest, I’m a little nervous.

We made our way into the air-conditioned building and we rode the elevator up to the third floor.

We walked into what looked like a huge radio studio. Inside the recording room were the typical items you’d find in a radio booth; microphones on fancy stands, computers all over the place, headphones sitting on the long table with a few chairs. I assumed a couple of us would have to stand and we’d all have to share microphones.

We waited outside the recording room because the DJ’s were inside and they were on air at the moment so we had to wait to go in. Our managers talked to some people and we stood around and sat down on some couches they had in the room.

“So you excited?” someone spoke next to me. It was Louis. His voice I had come to learn so quickly in these past two days.

I turned to him, not thinking he was actually talking to me. I was surprised to find him staring right at me as I turned to him.

“What?” I asked wide eyed.

He laughed that adorable laugh of his, “I said, are you excited? For the interview, I mean.”

I smiled and replied, “Honestly,” I crossed my legs and leaned back on the couch, “I’m kind of nervous.”

He leaned back as well, resting his arm on the couch behind me, “Well what for? There’s nothing to be nervous about, darling.”

On the inside I was melting, he’s so nice to me.

“I don’t know, I’ve never done anything like this before,” I sighed, “This is all happening so fast.”

“That’s the joy of show biz, babe. Everything happens in the blink of an eye, you just have to go with it and have fun! As I always say, live fast, have fun, and be a bit mischievous,” he gave me a wink and that goofy grin of his and I almost died.

I laughed, “Since when does Louis Tomlinson speak words of wisdom on a daily basis?”

He laughed at my smart remark, “You’d be surprised.”

I laughed again and then added, “And do you always use pet names for your friends, like babe and darling? Or is that just because you don’t know me that well?”

He smiled and looked down for a second before sighing and saying, “Sorry Sylvia.”

I smiled back at him, pretty proud of myself, “Apology accepted, Lou.”

Just then one of the DJ’s came out of the studio and said they were ready for us to come in.

Butterflies erupted in my stomach and we all stood and entered the recording room. Ivy, Niall, Louis, and Liam took the four seats by the long table with the microphones on it. They adjusted the microphones to point towards us to pick up our voices better and we stood and waited for them to tell us that we were on air. The DJ’s introduced themselves as Brian and Laura. They seemed really nice and a lot of fun. I could tell this interview was going to be pretty interesting.

Once they were back on air they announced, “Good afternoon this is Brian and Laura back in the studio. You were just listening to One Direction’s What Makes You Beautiful and joining us in the studio is One Direction themselves! And accompanying them is three lovely ladies. Would you like to introduce yourselves?” Brian asked.

We hesitated for a second until Addy got the guts to speak into the microphone, “Oh, um, hi! My name is Adelaide Collins but you can call me Addy.”

Ivy spoke up next, “I’m Ivy Gray!”

Then it was my turn, “Hi, I’m Sylvia Harris.”

After I ushered my name I instantly felt better. Especially since after I did, Louis looked over his shoulder and smiled at me.

“So why are you ladies here? Are you their girlfriends?”

We all laughed, “Well, they’re girls and they are our friends,” Harry chuckled.

“They’re our new opening act for our upcoming American tour!” Liam said happily.

“Wow that’s amazing! Tell us about yourselves girls, how’d you come to receive such an opportunity?” Laura had finally spoken up.

Us girls laughed and Addy explained, “Well, we had posted songs on YouTube of us singing covers of various songs that we liked, and we had added our own flare to them but then we wrote our own song titled, Wrong Ways, and it just skyrocketed. Before we knew it these lads here had asked up to accompany them on their tour!”

The boys smiled and the interviewers responded, “Wow that’s amazing. Now are you from England or are you American? We can’t really tell, you’re accent is different.”

We all looked at each other very confused, were we really speaking differently?

Ivy laughed and answered, “Nah, we’re from Cincinnati, Ohio. I guess we’ve just been hanging around the boys for too long!”

“I guess it has rubbed off a little bit, eh?” Niall said as well.

We all laughed.

“So do you have a group name?” they asked us.

We laughed again and this time I answered the question, “Well, that’s a funny story actually. On YouTube we had named ourselves The Donuts because we really couldn’t think of a name but since we’ve been signed and such we changed our name to The Mystiques! It’s not much I guess, but we like it.”

“That’s a sweet name! Now boys, how’d you come to find these girls?”

“Well that’s another funny story actually...,” Harry began.

“We were here in America and Niall had a craving for sweets,” Zayn added.

Niall began to laugh, “I got on Google and typed in donuts and their video was one of the search results so I clicked on it.”

“They kind of blew us away. We watched almost all of their videos and we just knew we wanted them to join us on tour,” Louis added.

“They really are amazing and we can’t wait to see how our fans will react to them. We hope they love them as much as we do,” Liam said sweetly.

“Oh, Liam you’re such a sweet heart,” Addy laughed wrapping her arms around him from behind, for she was one of the ones standing.

Everyone laughed.

“You guys seems to have a great friendship already, how long have you all known each other?”

We all laughed because the answer was so crazy.

“Two days,” Harry said simply.

“Really? Only two days!?”

“Yup!” Ivy responded, “It’s so easy to get along with them,” she said, referring to all the boys, “And of course I’ve known Sylvia and Addy all my life so it’s already easy to get along with them.”

“That’s fantastic!” Brian paused, “Now I have to ask this for the sake of the fans, is love in the air?” he wiggled his eye brows.

We laughed again and Louis immediately began to pick on Harry and Addy.

“I don’t know but Harry and Addy sure act like it!” Louis said, looking at them.

Addy’s cheeks blossomed into a pinkish hue and Harry just smiled and looked down at his feet.

“Don’t pick on me!” Addy defended herself, “What about Ivy and Niall?!”

I laughed and it was Ivy’s turn to look guilty. Niall just looked around like he hadn’t heard anything but he just smiled at Ivy when his eyes landed on her.

The DJ’s laughed, “So no flirting going on with you Sylvia?”

I got nervous at this question and my eyes flicked down to Louis for a split second. I hoped no one saw that.

Liam spoke up for me at that moment, “I don’t know, Zayn seems to fancy her a little bit.”

I rolled my eyes and Zayn looked a little uncomfortable.

We all just laughed and then Louis spoke up once more, “But we’re all just joking really. Nothing is really going on except some harmless flirting. We’re all cheeky boys who love these girls as close friends.”

It was good he said that because I didn’t want any fans hating on us because we were “stealing the boys away” or some crap like that.

Brian and Laura chuckled and then moved on to the next question, “So, to clarify, who here is taken?”

Louis and Liam raised their hands.

“Ah, Louis and Liam,” Laura said, and they nodded their heads.

I kept forgetting that Louis had a girlfriend.

“And who are these lucky ladies?”

“I’m still dating Danielle and I love her very much,” Liam smiled.

We all made a chorus of “aww’s” and giggled.

“And I’m still dating my lovely Eleanor,” Louis spoke.

Another chorus of “aww’s” but I just smiled. I had to admit I was jealous.

Then we moved on and the DJ’s gave us some questions from the fans off of Twitter. We were surprised to find that some of them were for us and we were glad to answer them. Some were silly like if we were boys for a day who would be and why. Others were more literal like what songs were we gonna sing and what our middle names were and such. But all in all, they were fun to answer.

Then the interview came to an end and we all said goodbye into the microphone for the listeners. We also said goodbye to the DJ’s and soon exited the building back to our van. We had to fight our way through a big crowd of fans however and I had a near death experience when someone grabbed ahold of my arm and nearly dragged me into the abyss of the fandom. I was saved by Noah however and I was glad we had our own body guard.

“Well that was marvelous!” Liam said, once we were safe in our vehicle.

Harry was in the back with Addy waving at some fans out the window.

“I agree, I think it went well,” Ivy agreed.

“I think I’m hungry,” Niall spoke up.

Ivy looked at him and laughed.

“Did you have fun?” Louis was speaking to me, yet again.

I smiled, “Yeah, actually I did.”

“Good. It wasn’t as scary as you thought right?” he smiled.

“Yup, it was just fun,” I agreed.

I looked forward to the rest of tour and now I came to realize, maybe it wouldn’t be as scary as I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
We are jazzing up the story a bit by changing the point of views in the story. We will eventually have everyone's point of view. And we wrote this chapter yesterday but I wanted to wait until today to publish it on here. We hope you guys enjoy this chapter!! :D
Thank you Valiente for commenting!! :)
It's going to get good because soon we have to write a song. Haha, wish us luck! :D

And we posted the other One Direction story. If you would like to check it out, here is the link to The Undo Button .