Status: I have fourteen chapters on my wattpad, so I will be transferring them onto here.

Keeping Secrets

Eight

Destiny sighs as she limps down the hallway to the elevator. She’s still forced to stay here for another day, but at least the doctor is letting her go down to the cafeteria to eat now. Apparently the concussion wasn’t as severe as they first thought and Destiny’s leg will be out of the cast in about eight weeks. The nurse walks behind her softly, her heels making a sharp clacking sound as they hit the hard floor. Destiny’s heart beats to the sound. Clack. Clack. Clack.

They enter the elevator and Destiny spares a look at the nurse. She’s been nice to her even though Destiny has done nothing but make her life hell. She’s been hard to get along with, and Destiny knows this.

“You know, staring is impolite.”

Destiny jerks her face forward, flushing red with embarrassment.

“I was just thinking.” She mutters, tucking a loose strand of her dark, dull brown hair behind her hair.

They exit the elevator silently, the nurse’s shoes clacking on the floor again, matching Destiny’s heartbeat. Her entire heart is thumping; causing her to shake a little. She’s scared for the first time in her life. Her dad frightens her. She just misses the way things used to be.

Back when her sister was alive. They truly did love each other; they just didn’t always get along. Most siblings don’t, except for Cody Simpson and his sister. As far as Destiny is concerned, they have the cutest and closest sibling relationship she has ever seen. It makes Destiny ache for that familiar feeling.

The nurse snaps her out of her thoughts by shoving a tray towards her. Destiny takes it slowly, limping towards the salad bar. She’s been here plenty of times to know what they serve and how it works. Most of the common patients here even know her by name. After making herself a salad, Destiny sits down at a table, poking her fork into the salad.

The nurse sits opposite her, gazing at her intently. Destiny ignores her blunt stare. She lifts a bite of salad to her lips, finally casting her eyes upward to look back at the nurse as she chews.

“Why do you keep doing it?” The nurse finally asks.

Destiny looks down. She’s used to people asking her why.

“You wouldn’t understand.” She replies.

“Try me.” the nurse challenges, crossing her arms neatly on the table.

Destiny sighs. “I can’t tell you.”

“Why can’t you?”

“I just can’t, okay?” Destiny snaps, lapsing into silence.

The nurse continues to ask her questions, but Destiny ignores her, chewing her salad slowly. Once she finishes her salad, Destiny limps back towards the elevator, but then sees a door leading to an outside pavilion.

“Could I go outside for a little bit?” She asks, giving the nurse a hopeful glance.

She glances from Destiny to the pavilion then nods with a small smile.

“I suppose it wouldn’t hurt.” She hands Destiny a small button. “When you’re ready to come in, press the button and I’ll come get you.”

She assists Destiny outside, then leaves her alone.

Destiny limps over to sit under the tree in the middle of it. It’s spring time, so the tree is blossoming with beautiful light green leaves and on the ground around it, pretty pink and yellow flowers are blooming. She allows herself to slide down to a sitting position on the ground. Her broken leg stretches out in front of her, the black cast looking extremely dull and sad.

Her heart beats slowly, each beat a painful squeeze. Even her heart wishes for relief. Destiny doesn’t know what to do though. Each time she’s tried, she’s failed and frankly, she’s getting sick and tired of being a failure. No matter what she does, she’s a failure; everything but poetry.

Destiny sticks her hand in her pocket, pulling out a black sharpie in happiness. She leans forward, printing neatly the words that are flowing from her mind to her fingertips; from the marker to the ground where they’ll be forever, even after countless rainfalls have washed it away.

I am pitiful and pathetic,
bleeding from my wrists.
Aching for someone who
can take it all away.
And simply wishing
that one day everything will be okay.


Once she’s done Destiny pulls back to glance at the words. Her lips lift up into a small smile of satisfaction. She longs for her bedroom, where the floor speaks back to her in the only language she truly understands; the only thing that understands her as well.

Destiny holds up the marker to stare at it, then gives a small smile. She slips off her hospital bracelet and writes her name neatly onto it. She folds it up and shoves it into her pocket, keeping it as a reminder to send to Cody. No, not really send to him, more like leave him a trail.

Because Destiny knows he’s coming for her. She feels it deep in her heart, where she can still feel.
♠ ♠ ♠
The whole reason why I uploaded this story was because Mibba hardly has any well written fanfictions these days. I used to read on here all the time, and I think people who write fanfictions think they can write poorly simply because people will like the idea more than the actual writing. That aggravates me. If you're going to write something for others to enjoy, then please, at least write properly.
Anyway, thank you for the support! If you haven't already, go check out my One Direction story, Eight Years Gone!