Rain, Rain, Go Away.

Drip, Drop, Drip.

Rain. It had that special power to cleanse everything it landed on, making even the worst parts of town sparkle after a good storm, and touching everything left open to it. Some people liked watching a storm raging outside their warm homes while they curled up in a chair beside the window. This was precisely what brought Micah to the chair placed before the only window in the living room of his tiny second-story apartment.

A droplet of water made it's way down the glass, Micah's eyes following it diligently. The rain had been falling for about an hour already, and he had been sitting the for just as long watching the water trail down the windowpane. Micah zoned out, his mind working as fast as the falling liquid.

He knew what he had done, of course. The problem was believing he had allowed himself to react so harshly. He hadn't wanted to hurt him, in fact he hadn't meant a word of it. Micah knew he should have gone after him, should have noticed the tears just waiting to fall, and knew he would take it all back if he could. He feared it was much too late for that, he had run out and into the gloom that had threatened rain, following through with the threat mere moments later and rapidly soaking everything in sight. He didn't even know where to start searching now, he could be anywhere.

A knock at the apartment door startled him out of his racing thoughts. He stared at the door, unsure whether he had been hearing things. A second round of knocking, a little louder this time, assured him that it had not just been his imagination. He rose slowly from his seat and crossed the room, dodging the coffee table that always seemed hell bent on tripping him. As Micah flung open the door, any words he had prepared for whichever annoyance that dared bother him died on his lips. His face registered shock at the figure standing before him, dripping rainwater all over the hallway carpet.

Micah felt frozen in place but quickly shook off the feeling as he launched himself into the man's arms, apologies spilling from his mouth. The man wrapped Micah in his arms, kissing the top of his head and shushing him, before walking them into the apartment and nudging the door shut.

"I didn't mean any of it, I'm so sorry. Please don't leave me." Micah whimpered against the rain-soaked shirt of his lover, Jordan.

"I know you didn't, darling," Jordan murmured into Micah's hair, his arms tightening around the slightly shorter male, "I promise you, I will stay."
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally sat down and wrote this out on my day off from work. I'm fairly happy with it, but constructive criticism would be nice. Actually, you can completely slam this if you want, I don't really mind. Who am i to stifle someone's opinion, eh? xD Anyways, I do hope you liked it. If not, well, then, sorry.