‹ Prequel: I'll Be There For You
Sequel: Jenny

Passenger Seat

fell in love with you in my passenger seat.

I tip-toe across the yard gently, searching around me discreetly. At least, I hoped it was discreet. The grass was wet with moist dew and the sky was as black as the color, only a few stars twinkling here and there. A smile settles on my lips as I look up, spotting her window on the second story.

I walk closer, glad that there was grass instead of gravel on her front lawn. Her window was dark, meaning she was probably asleep, which was about to change. I grin as I lean down and grab a few rocks from the ground, weighing them in my hand as I gaze up.

When I felt right, I pull my arm back and throw the rock up at her window, hitting the glass.

It clinked off and bounced onto her terrace. I curse when there was no reaction. I take another rock and toss it, this time making a louder noise against the pane.

This got a reaction, the light flicking on in her room. My smile widens as she comes to the window, peering out. All I could see was her silhouette, backed by the warm glow coming from her lamp. "Psst!" I hiss, cupping my mouth. I doubt she heard me, but she opened her window anyway, climbing out and onto her terrace. I pump my fist in silent excitement, watching as she comes to the edge and peers down over the railing.

Her brows furrow, something cute she always did whenever she was puzzled. "Andrew?" she calls out, peering closer down at me. I wave my arms, smiling. "What are you doing?"

"Come downstairs?" I murmur back to her, hoping she caught the quiet words.

She bites her bottom lip, another cute habit of hers. "Why?"

I roll my eyes. "Because I said so. Now come on!" I wave her toward me impatiently, bouncing lightly on the balls of my feet. Emma sighs and nods, giving me the one moment finger. I jump in triumph as she goes back into her room, the window shutting.

I knew she was changing, and I didn't want to seem like a peeping tom, so I move away from her house and back to where my Jeep was parked in front of her driveway.

I was only waiting for a few moments before she was running toward me, her front door shut quietly behind her. I grin as she makes her way across her front lawn, the dew flinging up with every step she took. Once she was stopped in front of me, I shrug off from my leaning post against my car, taking her face in my hands.

"Hey," I smile, ducking up to peck her forehead.

She grins. "Hey."

"What do you say me and you take a little road trip?" I ask, tugging at the ends of her hair affectionately. In the dark I could see she was wearing a pair of jeans, a shrug shirt, and a sweater.

Emma cocks her head to the side. "It's three o'clock in the morning!"

I roll my eyes. "It's not like we're going to Europe, Em. I was just gonna drive us down to the desert so we could see the sunrise. I'm a cheesy romantic that way." I give her a light kiss, smiling down at her. She reaches up and brushes her fingers through my unruly brown hair, making it even more messy than it already was. I felt goosebumps break out from her touch, smiling wider.

She laughs. "I guess we could do that. But we have to make sure I'm back before my dad wakes up for work." When I chuckle she gets stern. "I mean it, Andrew!"

"Your dad will never know," I promise, taking her hand. "Now get in the car."

Emma sighs but complies, letting me guide her into the passenger seat. I shut the door behind her and round the car, seeing through the windshield that she was already messing with my radio. I roll my eyes before hopping into the driver's seat, gently starting the car up as to not startle anyone on her street.

"Ready?" I grin, pressing the gas pedal lightly.

She grins back. "Ready."

Then I peel away from the curb, rounding out of her neighborhood easily. Once on the main road, Emma rolls her window down, letting the chilly wind whip at her hair. She makes a loud noise of excitement, reaching over to flick the volume on my radio up. It was Feel So Close by Calvin Harris, her head bobbing to beat softly.

I smile as we zoom in the almost deserted streets, out onto the highway with the dark night sky above us. It was exhilerating, being out here together, just the two of us, driving out to who-knows-how-far.

I look over at her as we drive, the bass thumping my car loudly.

She was staring out the open window, a thoughtful look on her face as her hair blew back behind her. The tendrils looked so weightless, floating in the air. It's like the harsh wind didn't even bother her a little bit. I smile, reaching over and taking her hand in mine. She doesn't even look over as she tangles her fingers with mine, a gentle smile hugging her own lips.

It was times like these that I knew we were meant for each other. Call it crazy for us to be saying so as eighteen year-olds, but it felt right. No one could touch us, no one could take what we have away.

And that was the best part.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wouldn't call this a drabble, because it's too long.
More like a short, sweet anecdote to represent how I want a cute relationship.
Sorry that this sucks big time.