Status: active, depending on what happens

Take A Breath, Let the Rest Come Easy

10

Alex cleared his throat, just to break the awkward tension that had floated into the room, and stayed. He watched as Grace fiddled with her food, and constantly looked down- implying that she was to be seen and not heard. “You’re not going to eat that are you, Grace?” Her mother stared down at her, disapprovingly. Grace put the fork down and blushed. Her mother began to dig into her own food. Alex frowned.

“So uh… I heard you just got offered to be signed!” Isobel altered the conversation.

“Yes.” Grace smiled, and pushed some hair back into her straight ponytail.

“That’s the same record as my son, Alex.” She pointed over to Alex who smiled. It was strange, both mothers only thinking the two had met once.

“Yeah,” Alex spoke up, “I actually have some news to share.”

“Alex.” Grace glared over at him. She didn’t want him to spill the beans, not yet at least. It had been about 2 months since the last dinner where she met him, but even that was too short of a time for her mother. And she knew Clara wouldn’t approve of dating a rock star, as hypocritical as it was, considering Grace was on her way into the music industry.

“Grace and I are together.” Alex said, without skipping a beat. Grace’s mother began to choke.

“Oh that’s wonderful! When did you meet? Well, here obviously! Do you live close to each other? Maybe one day she’ll be on tour with you!” Isobel clapped her hands happily. Alex started to explain some of the details before Clara stepped in.

“I hope this doesn’t get in the way of your music career, Grace.” Clara said. Grace’s face was rock solid. The fury built inside of her.

“My music career just started.” She huffed through gritted teeth.

“I know. And how unfortunate is that. I could have gotten you into the same deal as Lady GaGa, or Rihanna. But, assuming now you’ll want to stay with your latest man… What would Tommy think?” She chuckled off obnoxiously.

Grace shoved back from the table causing everyone to jump. “Do you understand how insulting that is? Do you know, not only have you insulted me, you have insulted Mrs. Gaskarth and Alex? What the HELL is wrong with you?” She threw down her napkin and then stalked out of the room.

“Grace! Wait!” Alex got up and went after her.

Grace walked quickly through the pouring rain. She wasn’t going to sit through another one of her mother’s formal dinners anymore. She had quite enough of her insolence. She was embarrassed about what she said to Clara and Alex, and she was also still reeling about the events from last night. “Grace!” she heard Alex shouting for her, but she continued to walk anyways. She picked up speed, but it wasn’t enough, Alex was jogging. “Go away.” She trembled.

“Hey, come on!” He grabbed her hand and swung her around. Her face pressed against his chest and tears started pouring down her face. “Let’s get out of the rain.” He said, and then they both began to walk back to his car, and then back to his apartment.

“My mom is such a… a…”

“A bitch?” Alex finished, with a slight chuckle.

“It’s not funny.” Grace wrung out her wet hair in the kitchen sink. “She has always been like that. And I just can’t sit around and take it anymore. I can’t.” She shook her head.

“I understand.” Alex said. “If I had to live with her I would probably castrate myself.” To this, Grace finally laughed, and Alex relaxed a little bit. “She had no right to say those things.”

“I need to go home. Feed Pooka.” She sighed, and began to look for her shoes.

Alex pouted, “Awh. I was hoping you could stay with me.”

“No,” Grace shook her head. “I just need some time to think.”

“Did I do something?” Alex asked, confused with her behavior. Grace bit her lip, she struggled with coming up with something to say.

“No. It’s just… Alex I,” She stared up at his hurt eyes, and felt like a complete fool. “Just… I’ll talk to you later.” Then she got her things and left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dawh... this is short... and kind of depressing.... BUT I'll post another one in a matter of seconds! MWHAHAHA

I'm feeling wonderful from all of the comments I got... Even though it was only two.. thats enough to make me feel all fuzzy inside.

Comment? Subscribe? Feed me to the sharks?