Status: active, depending on what happens

Take A Breath, Let the Rest Come Easy

11

“That note was a little flat.” Jason said. He was in charge of making some recording for Grace, so that she could get and EP out soon. She had been working hard, after accepting the contract with Hopeless Records. It had been a week since she last spoke to Alex, or any of the guys for that matter.

It’s not that she didn’t want to be with him- she did. She was scared, and didn’t want to get her heartbroken. Grace cleared her throat and tried to sing again. She pushed the headphones closer to her head and began to sing again. “That was better.” Jason said when she was finished.

Grace walked home, and was greeted by Lauren at her door. She stood there with her arms crossed, and an angry look on her face. “Go away, Lauren.” Grace grumbled and slid by her to put her key in the door.

“What is your problem?” Lauren asked, following her into the apartment.

“I don’t have one.” Grace ignored her question and slipped off her shoes. Then she proceeded to her room to change.

“Why are you ignoring Alex? I was just over there and, he said he hasn’t heard from you in like a week. The boys in love and you’re being a bitch!” She squealed.

“That’s none of your business.” Grace slipped off her shirt and searched for a more comfortable one.

“Oh my God, you had sex with him didn’t you?” Lauren stood up and her brown eyes got wide.

“What? NO!” Grace was horrible at lying.

“Oh yeah? Then I’m assuming that’s a bruise and not a hickey?” Lauren’s eyebrow raised as she pointed to the mark just below her breast. Grace slid her shirt on quicker, and blushed. She hadn’t noticed that before. “I can’t believe you fucked him.” She scoffed.

“Shut up.” Grace took off her jeans and slid on a pair of sweatpants.

“Is that why you won’t talk to him?” Lauren asked. “I’m texting him and asking if he impregnated you.” Lauren took out her phone.

“WHAT? Lauren, NO!” Grace reached to grab the phone.

“Too late.” She chuckled. Grace frowned at her friend.

“I hate you.” She grabbed a blanket off her bed and went to the couch. Grace picked up Pooka and put her in her arms as she sat down.

“Ooh!” Lauren shot into the room holding the phone to her. “I got a response. Looks like you’re in the clear.”

Grace looked over at her. “What do you mean?”

“I mean, Alex texted me back and he said “wtf I’m not trying to have a kid. SAFESEXROCKS.”” Lauren mocked him, and then turned off her phone. “What a retard.”

Grace bit her lip- well, at least she didn’t have that to worry about. “Grace, they’re leaving tomorrow.”

She let Pooka crawl off her lap and she sat up, “What do you mean?” She asked.

“I mean they’re leaving three weeks for some shows.” She said. “Jack told me two days ago.”

“Oh.” Grace muttered. Shit.

“Yeah.” Lauren turned on the TV and changed the subject. “So do you think I should go for this shoot in Texas? I mean, I don’t want to leave you here but… I kind of need this. I haven’t had a job in a while.”

Grace’s thoughts were still caught up in the fact that Alex was leaving. She had to call him. She picked up her phone and dialed his number. “Hey you’ve reached Alex, leave your message and what not…”

“Alex, it’s Grace. Hey um, can we talk? Okay, bye.” She hung up and groaned.

“Maybe you should just go over there. He’s obviously isn’t answering phone calls at the moment.” She chuckled. “Take me, I want to see Jack.” She began picking up her things and throwing them into her purse.

“Fine.” Grace muttered, and slipped on her shoes.

--
“Alex!” Lauren continued banging on the door. “OPEN UP YOU ASSHOLES!” She said. The door flew open.

“WHAT?” Zack wailed. “Jesus Christ, you’d wake the fucking dead.” He scratched his head, looking like he just woke up.

“Is Alex there?” Grace asked politely, whereas Lauren just walked in and popped a squat next to Jack on the couch.

“Um… I think so…” Zack looked around and then glanced into the kitchen. “He might be in his room.” Grace nodded and padded to his room and heard random guitar strings being hit together. It didn’t sound very melodic.

“Shit.” She heard him growl through the door. A few more strings were plucked until Grace decided to barge in. Alex looked up, and then looked back at the papers sitting in front of him.

“Hi.” Grace said, with a lack of anything else to say.

“Hi.” Alex mocked in response, without looking up.

“What are you doing?” She asked, while standing awkwardly at the door.

“Writing… Trying to fix a few songs.” He said.

“Want some help?” Grace offered, standing awkwardly.

Alex looked up at her and then back down. “No.” He said. Grace stared at him, taken aback. She didn’t know how to continue the conversation after that. She began twiddling her thumbs. “Where have you been?” Alex suddenly asked.

“At home.”

“No, I know you’ve been at your apartment.” He rolled his eyes, “Why haven’t you been talking to me?”

“I’m sorry.” She began. “I just… It’s just…” She inhaled a deep breath. “Everyone I’ve ever gotten close to leaves me.” She finally said.

Alex furrowed his eyebrows at her. “What made you think I was going to leave you?” He asked, perplexed.

She shrugged. “After we-“

“Had sex?” He raised an eyebrow at her. “Grace, despite popular belief- I’m not a tool.” He spat.

“I know you’re not… It’s just- After Tommy, and-“

“Tommy died in a car accident.” Alex sneered. “That has nothing to do with me.”

“But it has everything to do with me!” Grace suddenly shot back, outraged by Alex’s lack of sympathy. “I was scared, okay? I didn’t know if I was going to get pregnant, whether you were going to leave me since we basically moved extremely quickly, and I was scared about the new record label as well. Fuck, Alex!” She yelled, “I know this all seems extremely stupid to you, and you think I’m acting like a baby, but I’ve never done this before, okay? So don’t you dare bring Tommy into this ever again!”

“You’re still in love with him aren’t you?” He stood up from the bed, and walked towards her.

“What?” Grace pushed him away from her. “How dare you?” Tears sprung to her eyes.

“It’s true!” Alex shot back, with lack of a better argument. His frustration with his lyrics and guitar, were getting the best of him, and he realized he didn’t even know why he was arguing with her, in actual fact- he wanted Grace to stop being mad at him.

“Go to hell.” Grace muttered and then stormed out of his room.

“Grace! Wait up!” Alex tried, realizing how much of a douche he was being. It was too late though because Grace had already begun trekking it back to her apartment, leaving Lauren (who was making out with Jack on the couch) in the dust.
♠ ♠ ♠
MEEEEPP.. I'm currently trying to decide whether to hit up a yoga class or not... not that any of you care.... But this was super long. BUT I thought you all deserved it... NOW SHOWER ME WITH COMMENTS.... jk haha but for real though...

I'll maybe post some more tonight if I get to writing.... idk.

Comment? Subscribe? Gouge out my eyeballs?