Status: active, depending on what happens

Take A Breath, Let the Rest Come Easy

16

Alex woke up the next morning earlier than he expected. Pooka was licking his face all over and he had to pick the little dog off of him and set him onto the floor. He glanced over at Grace who was sound asleep with her mouth strung slightly open. He got out of the bed, and realized he had slept the entire night in jeans and a hoodie, he had never slept so uncomfortably. He pulled the blankets up around Grace and pressed a kiss to her jaw before leaving the room to take Pooka out.

After bringing Pooka back inside, he shut the door and noticed that Jack and Lauren had vacated. He walked into the kitchen and pulled out the cereal that was located in one of Grace’s cupboards. He thought about making something for her to eat, but he wasn’t the best cook.

So he poured himself a bowl of cereal, and then made Grace a cup of tea for her throat. He dug through the cupboard hoping she kept honey. Smiling as he pulled out the bear shaped bottle and opened it. He began to pour a ginormous amount of honey into the hot tea- something he had learned to do after a long week of shows or when he was on tour.

He heard a knock from the door and went to open it- expecting one of the guys or Lauren. What he didn’t expect was to see Grace’s mother standing there. “Hi, Mrs. Karter.”

“Hello, Alex.” She gave him a one over. “Is my daughter here?”

“Yeah.” Alex replied, “She’s sleeping.”

“At this hour? The girl needs to get up and meet me for lunch. I’ve got some important people to meet.” Her mother scoffed, trying to slide past Alex to enter the apartment. He didn’t budge.

“Sorry, she’s sick.” Alex said. “I’ll let her know you were here.” He said going to shut the door.
“Wait!” Her mom stuck her hand out, gripping the door so it wouldn’t close. “Can I just come in?”

“No.” Alex replied, not amused by her fake caring behavior. “She’s really tired. Just come back later.”

“Fine.” Her mother wiped her hands on her skirts. “She’ll have to see me sooner or later.” Alex rolled his eyes and shut the door on her.

“Who was that?” Grace stood in the hallway with a blanket wrapped around her body. Alex smiled, she was so beautiful.

“No one.” Alex shrugged. Grace nodded and stumbled, falling into the wall for balance. She pressed both hands on the wall- waiting for the nausea to pass. “Whoa.” Alex quickly went towards her. “You okay?” He asked, taking her small waist in his hands and guiding her to the couch.

She nodded, even though she could barely see anything. Her stomach growled. Alex pushed a hand through her hair, and waited for her to say something. “Grace…” Alex tried, watching her eyes focus and un-focus. “Gracie? Look at me.” He tried, becoming increasingly worried. He watched her for a minute, and then got up. He brought back the tea he had made for her, and made her drink all of it.

Grace’s head started to feel better, and it immediately soothed her throat. She was happy for some relief, and eventually felt rested enough to continue to work on her EP.

Alex left Grace at home, to go find Jack and go out to eat for a little while. He padded down the street holding his phone in his hand and emailing a couple of people. He heard the sounds of a blue lexus roll up next to him and slow down. “Alex!” A female voice rang. He looked over and spotted the dark haired beauty as she pulled over to the side of the road. His panic level increased immediately. She hopped out of the car and paced towards him.

“Hey, stranger.” She smiled, and her perfect white teeth glistened in the sun.

“Hey.” Alex replied, in fear that saying anything else would make him vomit.

“I got you’re text.” She bit her lips, and walked next to Alex. “Are those new lyrics?” She asked struggling to keep up with his pace. “Are they?” She asked again when he didn’t answer. He stopped, and turned to look at his short ex-girlfriend.

“What are you talking about?” He asked.

“You know…” She looked at him confusedly. “That text you sent me a while ago… About missing me?”

Alex’s whole body froze over. shit. Those lyrics were not meant for her.

His fists clenched, damn she looked good today. He struggled with blocking her out of his brain- he had Grace now- and he was finally happy.

“Oh… That..” Alex chuckled, pushing a hand through his hair. He looked around to make sure no one saw them.

“Yeah,” Lisa searched his eyes. “Alex, I’m really sorry about cheating on you. I was stupid, and just… I was really stupid.” She looked down as she walked, and actually looked sincere about the apology.

“It’s alright.” Alex replied, even though it really wasn’t.

“I um… how have you been?” He asked. Alex smiled, it was his time to brag.

“Great!” He smiled at her. “I met someone.” He said.

“Oh really?” Lisa’s face fell slightly. “Is she great?” She asked, looking slightly confused.

“Yeah, she’s really amazing.” Alex said.

“Good.” Lisa shrugged, and kicked her foot against the gravel. “Well, hey, if you ever need someone to talk to, or just need a friend, or if things don’t work out with this girl- please call me. I know you didn’t mean to text me for nothing.” She slid her hand up and down his arm causing him to shiver. She winked, and then scurried back to her lexus. Alex watched her walk away, and shook his head- and continued in the opposite direction.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, I've been a little slow. I went to a Coldplay concert in Michigan... AND LET ME TELL YOU ALL- If you have the money, and they are going to be in town, YOU NEED TO GO. It was honestly the BEST concert I have ever been to in my life. The lighting was fantastic, the singing was fantastic, and it was SOOOOO GOOD. Totally worth the money. I almost started crying it was so good.

Anyways, uh-oh Lisa's back to cause problems. hahah let me know what you think!?
Thank you ALL SOOO much for the comments and subscriptions, you all are truely amazing, and I'm so glad you're liking the story! It's coming to a close soon, but I'm thinking about a sequel. Please share this story with all your friends, once again- THANK YOU

Comment? Subscribe? Throw silverware at me?