Status: active, depending on what happens

Take A Breath, Let the Rest Come Easy

19

She rolled over and starred up at his big brown eyes. Her hands snaked up his chest, and she pulled the blankets closer to them. He hadn’t looked at her for a while now, he just stared, at the ceiling- like an idiot. “What are you thinking about?” She asked, kissing along his jaw. With her breasts pressed against his chest it was easier to forget about Grace. And Alex always took the easy road.

“Nothing.” Alex muttered, looking down at the dark haired girl and kissing her lips softly.

“Good.” She giggled, and purred as she kissed down his chest. With Lisa lying next to him it was like she was drowning out all of his thoughts. She could make him forget- just like Grace had made him forget when he had lost Lisa the first time. He felt like a giant mistake- but honestly couldn’t bring himself to see Grace again.

He felt like a coward, an asshole- any word you could use to describe it. Grace was perfect for him, and he fucked it up completely. And he knew Grace would never forgive him. “Is your dream girl still in the hospital?” Lisa batted her eyelashes at him. He gave a simple nod and continued to let the woman kiss down his chest. “Come on baby, stop thinking about her. We can keep this a secret.” She put a skinny finger to her lips and then pressed it against his. He smiled, and leaned up to kiss her.

Bang.

“Did you hear that?” Alex asked, pushing Lisa to the side for a minute.

“No.” She muttered and forced his face back to hers.

“I swear the door just-“

“Come on, sweetie, I’m horny.” She whined.

“Someone’s definitely-“

“Alex?” Grace’s soft voice filled the room as he pushed Lisa off the bed. She collapsed to the floor with a thump .

The door slid open and Grace stood there in a pale white dress with her long blonde hair curled into a ponytail. She looked gorgeous, and ten times healthier than she had been looking. Her big green eyes stared at Alex’s and then narrowed. Zack had called her earlier and said that she should talk to Alex- so that’s why she had decided to drop by.

“Hey-“ Alex choked. “I thought you were-“ He slid the covers further up his chest and blushed.

“I got out yesterday.” She came into the room closer and took in the messy hair Alex had, and the covers that he was clinging to his chest so tightly. “What are you doing?” She asked suspiciously, peering to the other side of the bed.

“Sleeping.” Alex said, laughing nervously. Grace could feel her heart thumping right out of her chest. She leaned over to the other side of the bed and found the dark haired beauty wrapped in a sheet and grinning up at her mischievously. “Grace, I can explain-“ Alex tried.

“Don’t bother.” Grace gritted out and marched out the door. Alex struggled to find his boxers, and then stumbled out into the living room trying to catch up with the girl.

“Grace wait!” He grabbed her arm. She snatched it away from him, trying to keep the tears from falling down her face, and ruining her make-up she had just put on.

“Don’t. Touch. Me.” She warned. Alex bit his lip.

“I wanted to tell you… I love you.” He accidently blurted out. Bad decision. Her hand whipped across his face so fast, she gasped as she did it. She had never hit anyone in her life. Her mother would not be happy. Alex shut up immediately.

“Go to hell.” Grace looked down as she said it, almost unsure of herself. She turned around and walked away from him, leaving him there to nurse his raw cheek.
---

Grace slammed the door behind her as she walked into her apartment. “Whoa, Holy Christ.”

Lauren stood up from her seat on her couch. God, Grace was sick of her coming over unannounced. Jack was sitting next to her as well, as well as Zack and Rian who were all there for some reason.

“We came to drop off some of your stuff you left at the hospital.” Zack tried. Grace wiped at her blotchy face. “What’s wrong?” Zack asked hesitantly.

“Can you guys leave?” Grace asked.

“Did Alex tell you-“ Zack began, but Grace cut him off.

“You knew?” She squeaked.

“What the hell is happening?” Lauren growled, walking over to Grace and putting her arm around her. Grace shrugged her off.

“You fucking knew the whole time?? Is that why you wanted me to go over there? To see him having sex with Lisa?” Grace screamed this time.

“Calm down, I- You have to understand that he’s my friend and-“

“Am I not your friend then? Was I just “Alex’s girlfriend”? You really wanted me to see that? You're sick!”

“No, Gracie, please- That's not-“

“GET OUT OF MY APARTMENT!” She screamed one more time before feeling absolutely humiliated and deceived by everyone. She began throwing her clothes onto the bed, and taking every suitcase she had and opening them for use. When she finally had thrown a good majority of her clothes into her suitcase she sat on it and burst into tears again. She felt so stupid for not seeing it. She actually thought Alex was going to be the one she was with the rest of her life. But she was naïve and stupid for thinking that.

Hell, she didn’t even want to sing anymore, not after this.

Lauren hesitantly pushed open Grace’s door and stood there for a moment not sure of what to say. “I-Jack told me.”

“I’m moving.” Grace muttered, and looked up at her.

“Okay.” Lauren said, nodding, knowing that if she tried to argue she would lose.

“I need to get out of Baltimore. I need to get away from my mom, and Alex, and the guys, and every fucking skeleton I have in this town.” Grace sighed.

“Will you come visit me?” Lauren asked, still standing at the door. Grace got up and hugged her best friend.

“All the time. When I figure everything out.” She half smiled into the hug.

Lauren eventually left after talking to Grace a little more and making sure she was alright. She turned on her phone and ignored the messages she had from multiple members of All Time Low and dialed her moms number. "Mom?" She sighed. "Do you still have that car you got me after the accident?" She paused. "I need it." Grace then hung up and turned to take a final look at her extremely bad angry packing… She would have to restart and fold everything into them- kind of like how she felt she had to restart her life.
♠ ♠ ♠
WAHHH. It's over.

I AM SOOOOO SORRY I TOOK SO LONG. I had honestly no clue how to finish this. So I am supperrrrrr sorry for the delay. Thank you all so much for the support, and the comments and subscribers! I will be working on a sequel soon, and i have a lot of ideas for it so I hope most of you stick around. I love you all sooo much!!! And I really hope you don't hate me too much for the ending.... BUT things will get better as they always do. And, the next story may be a tad slower to update because I'm moving into College next week. :/ Which I am nervous as hell for. Anywho, I hope you all have a brilliant day, and I hope oyu enjoyed my story. And I hope to hear from you all EXTREMELY SOON!

Leave me a comment or two?

I'm once again sorry if there are mistakes.

Comment? Subscribe? WAIT FOR THE SEQUEL.