Both Sides of the Story

Sightseeing and Payback.

At first, I did feel bad for leaving a sick Bex back at the hotel but then I figured she'd be just fine with Liam.

Louis wanted to take me out around Paris since I had never been. I didn't actually know what to wear since I was unsure where we were going. In the end, I settled on a pair of black jeans and a fitting white cable knit sweater. I wanted to ask Bex's opinion on what shoes I should wear but I decided against it and just threw on a pair of white Ugg boots.

Louis had texted me to meet him by the side door of our hotel at seven so when the time rolled around, I broke the news to Bex and left the room, ignoring her comments on my activities with Louis.

I found the side door that was at the bottom of the staircase and pushed through it. Louis was standing there, looking quite attractive in dark blue jeans and a white button down.

"Well, don't you look spiffy, Lou."

"You don't look so bad yourself, Reese." Louis reached out for my hand which I gladly provided and he led me to the back parking lot. I decided not to question and just let him lead the way.

When we rounded the corner, I actually gasped. A horse drawn carriage was waiting for us in the empty lot.

"I figured, if we really wanted to enjoy the Paris scenery, we'd have to do it in style." I didn't know what else to do other than throw my arms around him in a hug.

Louis laughed in my ear and placed a light kiss on the side of my head. I felt myself go rigid and start to flush.

We had been no strangers to showing affection to one another but it was usually just hugging or the occasional cuddle but, he actually kissed a part of my body and that just changed everything.

"So anyway, let's go I guess." I forced a smile and fast walked to the carriage. Louis was behind me and he helped me in. When he was seated himself, the driver pulled the reigns and we moved through the parking lot to the sides of the illuminated Paris streets.

Paris was plenty pretty in the daytime but, at night, it was a totally different story. All of the buildings and homes were illuminated and it was beautiful. Passing the lit up Eiffel Tower was magnificent and was better up close and in the dark. I took out my phone to snap a picture and post it to Instagram.

We rode around the streets of Paris in silence, taking everything in. Ten minutes of this went by before Louis spoke. "So, after our tourist extravaganza we can either go eat at a restaurant or go back to the hotel and order room service."

I thought for a few seconds before deciding on room service. Louis nodded and told the driver in French to turn around when he could. Well, I assumed that's what he said since the carriage did a U-Turn after another foot.

"I didn't know you spoke French." I did have to admit, hearing Louis say whatever he said in French was extremely attractive.

He shrugged. "I picked up some from Haz. Plus, I've been in France enough to retain some things." Is it weird that I wanted to ask him to speak more French exclusively to me? I mean, it wasn't my fault it was hot.

We made it back to the hotel without either of us getting spotted and went to Louis' room since mine had a sick sister in it.

"What would you like for dinner, me lady?"

"Just pizza is fine. Extra cheese."

"Sure thing. I'll get the pizza, you pick the movie." I nodded and plopped onto the bed, grabbing the remote at the same time. I went through the channels and found the movie Just Friends. I had seen it once or twice and it was hilarious.

Louis scooted up to the headboard next to me and sat Indian style. "The pizza should be here in ten. What're we watching?"

"Just Friends. It's a funny movie, I promise."

Louis didn't say anything as the movie started. We both watched in a comfortable silence until the pizza arrived, then the only sound besides the movie was the sound of us chewing.

Towards the middle of the movie, my phone pinged with a new message from Twitter. I shoved the rest of my pizza in my mouth and picked up my phone.

@Louis_Tomlinson: @ReeseRules really loves pizza. xx

Attached to the tweet was a picture that Louis had snuck of me when I was inhaling a slice of pizza. It was unflattering and in no way was okay for six million people to see.

"Louis! Take that down!"

"No can do, love."

I groaned and hit him in the face with my pillow. "Why do you insist on embarrassing me with these terrible pictures?!"

"I think you look beautiful." He swung the pillow and hit me back. This of course, resulted in a pillow fight. The empty pizza box ended up on the floor amongst the commotion along with Louis and I.

It was the classic, 'boy hovering over girl in a silence and they make deep eye contact before they kiss'.

I had no problem with it of course. Louis' lips were soft and his mouth tasted like garlic and cheese but mine did as well so neither of us had a reason to be embarrassed.

Louis' hands were on either side of my head so he could hold himself up and mine were loosely wrapped around his neck. I forgot all about the movie and the incriminating Tweet. All I could concentrate on was Louis' mouth on mine.

"Ahem," At the sound of a voice Louis removed his mouth from mine and we both turned to see Harry standing in the doorway with Zayn and Niall behind him. "We were going to hang out in here but if you're busy-"

"No, no, it's fine." I wriggled from under Louis and he helped me up. Harry and the rest of th boys joined us on the bed and began flipping through channels. I sat close to Louis and ended up falling asleep on his shoulder.

*~*~*


After our four days off in Paris were up, we headed to Bayonne for our second and last France show. After that, we'd be going to Spain for our shows there.

On the day of our Bayonne show, Bex and I slept in. We spent the day in our pajamas before we started getting ready for the show an hour before it was time to go. Our room had two bathrooms so both Bex and I could shower at the same time.

"Reese, have you seen my clothes?" Bex barged into the bathroom I was in while I was wrapping my towel around me.

"Thanks for knocking." I said with as much sarcasm as I could muster.

"Yeah, yeah. Anyway, my clothes?"

I wrapped a second towel around my hair and pushed past Bex to get into our suite. "How should I know?"

"Because your clothes are gone too?" She was pointing at my empty suitcase.

"Where are my clothes?!"

"Same place mine went. All that's in there is underwear." I sighed and pulled on a bra and panties.

"Let's go." I grabbed Bex's arm and dragged her to the door.

"Where are we going?"

"Who else would've taken our clothes?"

Bex and I made it to Harry's door and found a note on it.

What you seek is in the pool.

Bex ripped the note off of the door and gasped. "They wouldn't!"

When we got to the pool on the bottom floor of the hotel, we found out they would. Bex and I's clothes were floating around in the blue water.

Harry and the rest of the boys were standing on the other side of the pool.

"That's payback, ladies." Harry high fived Louis.

"Lou, you helped?!" Since the night we kissed, Louis and I had done it quite a few more times but we haven't actually discussed putting a label on what we had. Whatever it was.

"Sorry babe. Mates come first." He shrugged at me and blew me a kiss. Liam attempted to wave at Bex but she ignored him.

The two of us turned and left the pool. We'd just get Jackson and the guys to get our clothes.

"What are we going to wear now?" I asked Bex once we got back to our room.

She shrugged. "I'm sure Lee or Jackson have jeans that could fit us. Plus, oversized shirts are comfy." I gave her a thumbs up and grabbed my phone off of the nightstand to call Lee. "Oh and start thinking up pranks. We have to get those assholes back in Spain." I saluted Bex and plans started brewing in the back of my mind.