Both Sides of the Story

Making amends.

To say that the boys were still angry at Bex and I was an understatement. Well, Liam was still talking to Bex and Niall came around after we brought him lunch after they rehearsed for the New Years Eve show. Zayn was only mad in the morning time but then admitted that he and the boys did have it coming. Harry and Louis were the only ones walking around with a stick up their butts but, I suspected Louis was still wary after what happened the morning we left for Spain.

"Are you going to tell me exactly what happened yet?" Bex asked when I mentioned it. "You two were skirting around one another before that stupid interview and I avoided asking questions before but I'd like to know now."

I sighed and plopped onto the couch next to her in our green room. "Okay so, you know how we kissed in Paris?"

"The night I was dying, yes."

"And I told you we like, did that again a few times after that. Well, everything was fine until it was time to leave for Spain. When we were all in the van going to the airport, Harry kept making little remarks about Louis and I since he walked in on us once or twice while we were swapping spit. Louis eventually got annoyed with him and told him that he and I were nothing but friends so there was nothing to make fun of."

"Wow."

"Yeah. So, I avoided him since my feelings were hurt, you know? He kind of avoided everyone else for the trip and that's why we weren't really talking on the day of the interview."

"That explains why he was so emo that day and why you called him a good friend during the interview. You think that's still bugging him?"

"Probably. That and the fact that the chef delivered his suitcase up with his room service this morning." Bex and I broke into a fit of giggles when we remembered the boys' faces when they found out their luggage was gone.

Harry chose that moment to come barging into the room. When he saw us, he abruptly turned to leave.

"Harry wait!" I got up to stop him. "We're sorry okay? Why can't you be like Zayn and admit that you had it coming, which may I add, you guys did."

He spun around to face me. "Do you know how soaked through my underwear was?!"

"Do you know how soaked ours was?!" Bex yelled back.

Harry's face fell and he sighed. "Fine. So we are evenly matched now. Happy?"

"Very. No more pranks?" I held out my pinky.

"No more pranks." He locked his with mine and we shook them.

"Hey, Haz where are-" Louis poked his head into the room and stopped talking when he saw us. "Never mind." He ducked out and left.

I glanced at Bex who was motioning for me to follow him. "Be right back." I dropped Harry's pinky and ran into the hallway to see Louis down the hall. "Lou, wait!" He turned to look and upon seeing me, hurried into the door closest to him.

When I reached the door, I saw it was the men's bathroom. Louis most likely planned on hiding from me in the bathroom thinking I wouldn't go in.

He was wrong.

"Louis, why are you avoiding me?!" I went into the bathroom where he was leaning against the sink on his phone. Thankfully, he was the only one in there.

"Reese! You can't come into the men's room!"

"I'll do what I please! Now, answer me! Why have you been avoiding me?"

He bit his lip and looked down, looking genuinely distraught. "Well, I'm just a good friend right? Why do you care whether or not I avoid you?"

"Is this about that interview?! I seem to recall someone yelling at Harry just hours before about how we were just friends and all those kisses meant nothing!" He finally looked up at me and frowned.

"I only said that to get him off of our backs!"

"Yeah, well, you seemed pretty serious to me. And then you didn't even talk to me for the rest of the day."

The frustration vanished from his face and was replaced by empathy. "Reese, I'm sorry. I was just a bit frustrated and essentially ignored everyone. Then the interview happened and I've just been in a weird place. Believe me when I say that I never meant to hurt your feelings." He was in front of me suddenly, his hands cupping my face.

"So we've basically been acting like children around each other for no reason." I looked up and saw him smile at me for the first time in the past two days.

"Basically."

"I'm sorry."

"Me too. Can I make it up to you?"

"How?"

"By making you my girlfriend." I looked at him with wide eyes. I almost hadn't heard him until it fully sunk in.

"Yes, please!" I stood on my tiptoes to kiss him. I had missed his lips on mine more than I thought.

We stood in the bathroom, wrapped in each other's arms and kissing until a man who had to use the bathroom came in to interrupt.

*~*~*


Rehearsal had gone amazing after I patched things up with Louis. The show itself was even better and I'm sure it was my best performance yet. The boys said the same to Louis when he got off stage.

"You were full of more energy than usual, Lou. What's got into you?" Liam asked as when we were all in their dressing room at the end of the night.

"More like who has he got into." Harry gestured towards Louis and I where we sat on the couch with our fingers entwined.

"Shut up, Harry. You're just mad that you have no one to get into."

He scoffed at me and came over to sit next to me. "Reese, that is where you are wrong. Tonight is the New Years party, remember? There will be plenty for me to get into."

I frowned at him and pushed him off of the arm of the couch. "You're disgusting."

"But you love me." I pretended to think and he made a faux hurt expression in return.

Paul chose that moment to appear in the doorway. "Hate to interrupt you all but, we need to head to the hotel to get ready for the party." We all gathered our things and followed Paul out.

"I expect a dance from you." Louis said in my ear.

"Good. I was hoping for one from you too." He smiled and leaned down to steal a kiss. Bex sent me a smirk which I returned. Now that Louis and I were together, I couldn't help but wonder where she was Liam stood.
♠ ♠ ♠
Excuse the delay, peeps.