Both Sides of the Story

First Meetings.

“Bex? You almost ready to go?” Reese asked called to me from inside the suite.

I sighed and stubbed my cigarette out into the stone floor of the balcony. “Yeah. Give me two minutes to grab my shoes.”

I wasn’t going to lie; Reese and I had a bit of an obsession with nice shoes. With our first big paycheck from Same Way Records, we headed to New York and both splurged on a pair of Louboutins. Since then, we’ve added numerous pairs of extravagant shoes to our ‘collections’.

Smiling at the sight of my sister’s original pair of red backs on her feet, I grabbed mine and turned to her.

“You ready to do this, little sister?” I asked as I tugged her into a hug.

“Little sister? Please, I’m younger than you by one minute,” she laughed. “But yeah. Let’s get this show on the road.”

Picking up my purse, I opened the door. “Time to find the rest of our band.”

“If only that were easy,” Reese sighed.

*****

As it turns out, the boys were waiting for us in the lobby along with Graham.

“Graham Cracker!” I yelled out to our manager. “What’s on the agenda for today?”

“I hate when you call me that,” he groaned. “But we need to get a move on so we can get to our meeting.”

The whole of Folie a Deux groaned. We all hated meetings of any kind and usually ended up tweeting or texting each other under the table.

“But we haven’t eaten anything yet,” Alec moaned.

“They have food there,” Graham said and you could literally hear the aggravation in his voice. “Let’s just get out the door.

And so with minimal arguments- and that’s saying something for the six of us- we were soon seated in a large SUV with tinted windows on our way to meet One Direction.

*****

Walking into a conference room in some office building in London, I could physically feel my twin tense up. Call it twin-telepathy or whatever, but I know my little sister.

Instinctively grabbing her hand, I shot her a reassuring smile.

“Don’t worry,” I muttered. “We’ve got this. They already love us.”

I could feel her relax and I released my grip on her hand. Brushing my hair over my shoulders, I looked around the room. Seated around a long table were five boys and numerous official looking people. So this was One Direction and the ‘entourage’.

Stumbling into a seat, I glanced over at my sister. She had a knowing smirk on her face.

“Okay,” I huffed. “I may or may not have put my contacts in this morning.”

“And did you by any chance bring your glasses?” Graham asked.

“A very, very small chance,” I grinned.

“Luckily,” Reese smiled. “I know you so well. Put your glasses on now.” She shoved my glasses case at me after she unearthed it from her massive purse.

I huffed and put them down on the table, refusing to do as she suggested.

“Stubborn this one, then?” one of the many boys down the table asked.

I heard Lee snort. “You have no idea.”

“If you could all quiet down for a few minutes, I’d greatly appreciate it,” one of the important looking people cleared his throat standing up.

And that’s pretty much when I stopped paying attention. Slipping my phone out from my purse, I logged onto twitter.

@BexIsBetter- In a meeting and am ready to claw my eyes out. @ReeseRules is paying attention… of course.

I was acutely aware of the five boys of One Direction my sister and me carefully. Was it Liam that was seated next to me? Or maybe it was Louis or Harry. I wasn’t sure. It probably would have been a good idea to pay attention when Graham had been giving us a rundown the night before.

I felt my sister elbow me in the side.

“Ow!” I jumped in my seat. “What was that for?”

“They asked you a question,” she hissed.

“Oh,” I blushed. “I’m sorry. Can you repeat it?”

I saw Graham scowl. “They asked you to introduce yourself.”

“Right, well, I’m Rebecca Mercer. You can call me Bex and no matter what Reese says, I’m older,” I smirked. “And yes, I’m blind as a bat but stubborn as a donkey. What else is there?”

“How old are you?” a curly haired boy smirked at me. That had to be Harry. He was the horny one, right?

“Nineteen, and no, I’m not interested,” I said with a straight face.

Graham face palmed and I smiled in triumph. Mission: Get on Graham’s Nerves was accomplished.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! So, yeah. this one isn't nearly as good as the first one, but then again, the last one was written by dj tommo. But anywho, we'd love to hear what you're thoughts are. Let us know what's on your minds, lovelies!

Meeting Outfits