Both Sides of the Story

Getting to Know One Another.

The meeting with One Direction and their entourage pretty much dragged on for another hour. The official manager guys went through and explained that the tour was all across Europe within a span of about three months. The more they talked about it, the less nervous I got and the more excitement replaced my nerves. I was ready to pretty much kick ass and conquer the world

We got our rehearsal schedule which informed us that we started tomorrow at some secret location in London. We had to come up with a set list and order of the songs we were going to do. I would have proposed working on it tonight when we got to our hotel but, one look at Bex on her phone told me that wasn't happening. Knowing her, she'd just want to get something to eat, have a cigarette, then sleep.

Once we were dismissed, Bex shot up from her seat and made a beeline for the door. I grabbed my bag and almost tripped over my seat to catch up with her.

"Bex, where are you going?"

"Food," I caught up with her and we ducked into a nearby green room with a table full of food. I dropped my bag on a chair and grabbed a plate to pile it with various types of muffins on the table. Bex grabbed the different varieties of cookies and wasted no time in biting into a chocolate chip one.

"So, I don't suppose you'd want to decide on a set list later tonight?" I asked around a mouthful of blueberry muffin. I plopped next to Bex on the worn leather couch in the room.

"The only thing I want to decide on is which bed I will be sleeping on when we get to the hotel."

"Fair enough." I shrugged and settled back in my seat. Our band, One Direction and their band came in a few minutes later and immediately attacked the food table. I saw Bex roll her eyes and practically heard her muttering to herself about the eating habits of boys.

One Direction got their food, then they made their way over to Bex and I. Harry sat on the arm of the couch next to her, Niall sat on the arm next to me and Louis sat in between us. Liam and Zayn pulled up chairs in front of us. They didn't say anything at first, they just sort of stared at us while we all ate in silence.

"What?" Bex was first to break the silence.

"Nothing. We're just enjoying your company." Louis gave both of us a large smile.

"Yeah, tell us a bit more about yourselves. You're from Virginia, right?" Harry said.

I nodded and swallowed the bit of muffin in my mouth. "Yep! We're from Abingdon. It's a pretty small town. Not much really happens."

"What do your parents do?"

Bex raised her eyebrows at Niall’s question and sighed. "Just your typical stuck up, Christian business folk who are too good to support their daughters and their dreams, no big deal." The boys didn't say much, they just looked at Bex who went back to her food then glanced at me.

"She's right." And just like that, the topic was dropped. Whenever the topic of our parents were brought up and Bex and I answered truthfully, people automatically got awkward around us and felt as if there was some sort of elephant in the room after that. Thankfully, the boys didn't make a big deal out of it. They all seemed to absorb the information and move on. Bex and I exchanged a glance and I could tell we were both a bit impressed with them for that.

They went on to tell us a bit more about themselves and the band since honestly, all Bex and I knew were their names and that they were from England. I learned that Niall was the Irish one which was quite informative seeing how I couldn't exactly place his accent from the beginning. I immediately got along best with Niall since he shared a love for food that Bex and I did. He had more in common with her though since they both could eat and not gain much weight. Bex and I were both a little curvy but she had stayed the same shape since back when we started high school. I had to work off that extra food I consumed.

The rest of them were easy to get along with as well, even though Harry had a bad habit of flirting with my sister and I. I'm pretty sure he used about a dozen cheesy pick up lines in that hour we sat around than any guy has used on me in my nineteen years of life. Liam automatically gave off that responsible vibe and I could tell that he was the most mature. Zayn and Louis kept cracking jokes which had me in hysterics, especially the things Louis was saying. I had a soft spot for funny guys and Louis, as if he knew this, kept trying his hardest to make me laugh which worked. Bex kept shooting me knowing looks and I knew she was going to ask about it later.

I was right in that assumption. When we finally left, we headed off to our hotel and were given our respective rooms. The boys said their goodnights and as soon as Bex and I were in our room, she shut the door behind her and gave me her 'all knowing sister look'.

"So, Louis huh?"

"No, do not start. He's just funny okay?"

"Yes, I am quite aware of that just like I'm aware of the fact that you really like funny guys."

I waved her off and went to set my suitcase on the floor. "We haven't even started tour yet! I'm not getting involved with some guy in a band. The last time I did that, his band went off to tour South America and he came back with a new Brazilian girlfriend, remember?"

Bex frowned her face up at the memory of my last boyfriend and leaped onto the bed. "But this is different. We're going to be touring with them so you'll know where he is and who he's talking to."

"Still, dating people you're touring with is difficult since you're with them all of the time for months on end. Let's not forget how your last relationship ended." Bex huffed and turned her attention to the ceiling which suddenly became fascinating. "What were the words you used? Oh yeah, 'Cameron is suffocating me, Reese! He's always there and I just want to beat the shit out of him with his bass!' I got that right, didn't I?"

"Don't bring that asshole up! He was like a fucking leach." She shuddered and turned her attention back to me. "But I'm just inferring about these things. I'm your big sister, remember? Not to mention I have the best fortune telling skills in the whole damn planet! I've called the outcome of many things and I haven't been wrong since. All I'm saying is, if you don't wanna date him, be careful. Don't let his sly jokes rope you in."

I pulled out a pair of pajamas and headed towards the bathroom. "I should say the same to you. I saw Harry trying to snatch your attention. I especially liked that one pick up line he used where he compared you to a diamond." This comment earned me a pillow to the head, which actually hurt.

"That curly haired little bastard can think again. I'm not interested nor will I ever be!" I let out a laugh at my sister's obvious distaste for the boy and entered the bathroom to take a quick shower.

When I got out, Bex was already curled into her bed and asleep. I made a mental note to harass her about Liam later, who I saw let his gaze linger on her a few times earlier in the day. At the moment though, I followed Bex's lead and gave into the effect that the jet lag and time difference had on my body.
♠ ♠ ♠
Third chapter, yay! Thank you to everyone who has read and subscribed so far! And, special thanks to always forever; for being our first commenter and iron and wine. for being the first person to recommend! You guys are fab. Anywho, hope you guys keep reading :)