Both Sides of the Story

Out For a Run.

I could hear Reese moving around in the hotel suite the next morning. Groaning to myself, I slowly sat up. I had a pounding headache and was in no mood to deal with my sister’s chipper morning-ness.

The club. I thought to myself.

It had been a great time. I had spent the first hour or so getting to know Zayn and Liam while we just sat in the VIP lounge. Niall would come over now and again with various foods in his hands. Zayn had graciously offered to share his cigarettes, since I had forgotten mine at the hotel. It was a habit I needed to get out of, I know. Maybe for the New Year?

Liam had been adorable and gone and fetched me a drink as soon as we had entered the club. Despite the fact that I was ready to kill Carese when she brought up the fact that I was single in the car, I was also kind of glad she had. At least he knew what was up.

Pulling myself up out of bed, I moved to my finally unpacked suitcase. Grabbing a t-shirt, shorts, and running shoes, I picked up my iPhone. Snapping a picture of my morning-ness, I posted it to Twitter.

****

“I just don’t see why you can’t wait twenty minutes to go to this meeting,” Reese shrugged as we made our way to the meeting room of the hotel.

“I need to get back into my running schedule. It’s been three days since I’ve gone running,” I said as I stretched my arms.

She looked at me. “Why can’t you go to the hotel gym?”

“I don’t do treadmills,” I deadpanned as we walked into the board room.

“Told you she’d ditch the meeting,” Lee smirked to Graham.

“Yeah,” I nodded. “I’m outta here. The streets of London are calling.”

“Do you have to wear those shorts?” Graham sighed.

I looked down at my gray spandex shorts. Maybe they were a little short. But then I looked at my sister.

“Her shorts are just as short and hers are denim. Excuse me for looking for comfort while I run,” I sassed. “Be happy I’m actually wearing a shirt instead of a sports bra.”

“You’re going running?” Liam asked.

I nodded. “Yep. I’m trying to get back into a routine. Running every day and all that.”

“Mind if I join you?” he asked standing up.

I smiled with my head cocked to the side. “Not at all. You ready now?”

Liam nodded. “If you are.”

“Great, let’s go. Bye, guys,” I waved and moved out of the room. “Oh!” I popped my head back in. “Graham Cracker, I need you to schedule me an appointment to get my hair re-dyed. Thanks, love you!”

I jogged down the hall to the sound of snickers from the group.

****

“So Reese said you were fast in school?” Liam asked as we started a light jog.

“Were?” I smirked. “Oh, please, Payne. I am fast. What about you? You any good?”

He gave me a look. “If I wasn’t in the band, I would be competing in 2012 with the track and field team.”

“Oh? Mr. Big Shot over here,” I laughed.

“It sounds to me you’re all talk,” he teased. “How ‘bout it, Bex? You still got it?”

“I know I do,” I assured him. “Race you to… that taxi parked outside that red building.” It was a good length sprint.

“On your mark…,” he started.

“Get set…,” I countered.

“Go!” we yelled together.

Sprinting off down the sidewalk, I pumped my legs faster. I could see Liam in my peripherals. He was gaining on me. Knowing I wouldn’t be able to keep the pace I was at, I slowed just a tiny bit. But that was all Liam needed. He took off at a pace I’d never seen someone else run at. I might have been close to it when I was running for track every day in high school, but now, I surely wasn’t.

“Okay, okay,” I said as we fell to the grass in a small park a few streets away from our finishing spot. “You win. I lose.”

“I’ve got to document this,” Liam laughed clicking on his iPhone. “Something tells me you don’t surrender easily.”

“I don’t,” I shook my head. “And no way are we taking a picture right now. I look like shit.”

“Oh, shut up,” Liam laughed nudging me with his shoulder. “You look lovely, Bex.”

“Nice lie, Liam, real nice,” I tossed my head back and laughed. I heard the sound of an iPhone taking a picture. I looked at him with wide eyes. “You play dirty, Payne, real dirty.”

“Yes, yes, I do,” he nodded.

I launched myself towards him. Lying on top of his back, I snatched his iPhone away from him and took off running. It was a stupid idea, seeing as he was faster than me. But I didn’t really care.

Running down a hill, I could hear Liam ahead of me. Soon, I feel to arms wrap around my torso.

“You really thought you could get away?” he chuckled into my ear.

“It probably wasn’t the most thought out plan I’ve had,” I agreed. “But I still got away.”

“Not really,” Liam said. “But can you give me my phone now?”

“Make me,” I sang and danced out of his grasp.

He looked at me for a moment before grabbing me by my sides and dragging me to the ground. Liam started tickling my rib cage and the spot behind my knees that makes me feel like I can’t move. Everyone in my family knew that tickling me was a way to get whatever they wanted.

After gasping at him to stop a few times, he flopped onto his back next to me.

“Phone please?”

I scowled but handed it over. “That was a dirty play.”

“At least I know how to get what I want,” he shrugged.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo, a little Liam and Bex time, haha. What are you all thinking about this so far? A big thank you to those of you who have commented, rec'd, and sub'd! Keep it coming, guys! Let us know what's on your minds, lovelies!

Outfits