Status: Active

Black and Blue

Chapter 1

My younger brother was one of the men to carry the coffin. His face so.. empty, serious, but written with hurt.
I didn’t know if I could stand watching them lower him in…instead I kept my eyes on the ground and refused the tears. I wasn’t one to share my emotions with others, I was what my dad always called a “bottler”. He was the only one to notice I bottled things in, and to this day he’s the only friend I’ve told my secrets to. Secrets that now rest with him.
My mother reached over and grabbed my hand. I looked at her, but her eyes were fixated on the coffin that held her now deceased husband. Honestly looking at her made me sick... It made me want to cry and sob til’ I vomit. I figured it was best to keep my eyes low.

“Are you sure sweetheart..? Everyone’s going to be sharing stories and things about your father, I wouldn’t want you to miss it.”
The funeral had ended, and now everyone moved over to some sort of “you’re dead” party. The last thing I wanted to do right now was hear about how ‘great’ my father was, I knew him how I knew him, I don’t need to know how they did.
“Yeah, I’m sure. I’ll be back before it ends, don’t worry bout me.” I smiled at my mom, stepping down the grassy hill and pulling away from her hand.
“Alright Cassandra, keep your phone on you..and call me okay?” My mother called.
“Okay.” I yelled back, heading towards a quiet looking lake. I pulled off my heels and reached for my hair, fought with the band holding the bun until it let loose, black hair spilling from it.
I sat down in front the long lake that decorated the park, the water softly lapping against the wet soil. I held my forehead in my hands and closed my eyes, breathing in the cold November air. Everything was so quiet, no more sobbing.
“Charlie!”
A wet, cold muzzle planted itself against my cheek, sniffing and licking loudly. I jumped back in surprise to find a very excited pitbull that launched towards me, knocking me back.
“Dammit, Charlie No!” The dog licked at my face like it was his goal in life to drench me completely. I tried pushing him away but damn he was strong. Suddenly he was pulled back, and all I saw was the glimpse of a tattooed arm before closing my eyes to wipe at my face.
“Shit I’m really really sorry, are you okay?” The same boyish voice spoke
“It’s cool.” I laughed, sitting up. “Cute dog.” I smiled, squinting at the sun and trying to make out the guy. “He’s a bastard of a dog.” He laughed, patting the brown pit’s chest, “But thanks, I’m Ronnie.”
“Andie.” I pulled myself up to my feet and met a brown pair of eyes.
“Nice to meet you, Andie.” He smiled. There was two little dips on the edges of his mouth when he smiled, it was cute. “What’re you doing out here alone?”
I laughed, and petted Charlie’s head. “Being attacked by dogs. Where’d you come from?”
He chuckled, turned and looked in the other direction, then back at me. “Not far, the motel back up the street. Yourself?”
“Up that hill.” I pointed. Ronnie leaned over and looked. “..Graveyard?”
I sat back down. “Yep.” It was quiet, and for a moment I thought he would leave. Until I heard his rustle of clothing and chains as he sat down. “So what were you up to up there? I don’t take you for much of a goth.” He asked, pulling Charlie over with him.
“Eh, just a family thing near there.” I squinted out over the lake now gleaming from the setting sun. “Ah..” Ronnie spoke. “Then what are you doing over here?” He picked up some rocks and lazily tossed them at the lake.
“I dunno” I watched as ripples came from the splashing rocks. “Too many people for me I guess. What’re you doing out here?” I looked over at him. He smiled, and held up his dog’s leash. “Figured he might wanna take a leak.”
“right, dumb question.” I laughed.
We sat and talked for awhile, mostly just sharing stories and things. Once the sun had really set and my phone wouldn’t stop ringing, I told him I should probably be on my way. We exchanged numbers and said our goodbyes, and I made my way back up the hill.
♠ ♠ ♠
bahh first chapter we'll see how this goes