Status: Last update was 5/19/14, until now 11/5/16. I guess we're back up and running.

Who Am I?

Is This What Love Is?

"I'm sorry," I say pathetically.

Nate's stroking my hair as I lay my head on his shoulder.

"For what?" he asks.

"I know I'm not what I used to be, I know I'm a lot to deal with and I'm sorry you fell for a girl like me."

He stops stroking my hair and I raise my head to look at him with sad eyes. He gently takes my face in his hands.

"Sweetheart, I wish you could see that you are so much more. . . I guess that's where I come in. I have to make you see."

My lower lip starts to quiver, "but this is not fair to you. . . You shouldn't have to be worried or feel like you need to babysit me all of the time. This isn't what you signed up for."

"Yes you're right, I didn't sign up for anything. I fell in love with you, that's what I did. I remember how you were in the past and I know you as you are now. You are a beautiful girl with a beautiful soul. You have to give me a chance, but you really need to give yourself a chance. You need to fight and I'm here to fight along your side. I'm not that piece of shit Adrian, or your uncaring mom or that motherfucker Jordan that hurt you. I won't leave you alone, I won't make your life worse, I'm going to love you and empower you. You're going to be the woman I know you want to be. I want a future with you and I know you can pull through this."

Tears run down my face, snot dribbles out of my nose. He wipes it all away with his thumbs and leans in to kiss me.

"I love you," I whisper.

"I love you too."