Status: Last update was 5/19/14, until now 11/5/16. I guess we're back up and running.

Who Am I?

You're Leaving?

I wait for five minutes to go by before checking the pee stick and when I do check it, it’s a pink plus sign. I shake my head and close my eyes letting the test slip from my hands and hit the dirty white tile floor.

“What does it say?” Adrian asks in a gruff tone.

I don’t say anything and he stands up from sitting on the edge of the bathtub.

“Tell me if you’re pregnant, or not.”

“Adrian, look for yourself,” I snap looking up at him.

He reaches down and grabs the test from the floor. There’s nothing, but complete deathly silence for ten seconds.

“What do you want to do?” he asks finally.

“What do you mean?” I ask confused.

“Do you want an abortion?” His voice cuts through the air like a knife slicing into a tender steak, quick and easy.

Abortion. That word gives me shivers, that one simple word. I hadn’t thought of that ever, I mean I’m not for it or against it. I say it depends on the situation and who the person is, but I would never do that ever in my life, this is my baby and I will never let anyone hurt my child or take them away from me.

“Wh- What are you saying? Why would you ask me that?” My voice pained.

“Winter what the hell? We can’t raise a baby, you don’t have a job and my paycheck isn’t going to support another person, it barely supports the both of us,” he yells making my ears ring in the tiny cramped room.

“I refuse to give up my child, I’ll get a job and maybe you could work a second one if that’s what it takes.”

“What? You think I’m gonna get another job? For what, why should I?”

His response shocks me and my heart drops.

“Because, this is our baby,” I say softly, sitting up.

“And?”

“And? What do you mean, and? This is your baby just as well as mine.”

“I’m asking you to abort this child. I’m asking you to do yourself, me and that thing growing inside of you all a favor.”

“How dare you!” I growl, rising to my feet. “How dare you call my baby a thing and how could you ask me to abort our child?! Now that I think of it, it was you who lied, you didn’t wear a condom did you?! Here I am thinking maybe it ripped and neither of us noticed, but that’s something that wouldn’t have gone unnoticed. ”

“No I didn’t, you're right and it was a huge mistake, but now I’m telling you how to correct it. We need to abort this child and if you choose not to, then I’m leaving.”

Tears sting my eyes and I lean against the wall. I can’t believe it, the one person that I thought would stick by my side no matter what is leaving me because he impregnated me and now I won’t give the baby up. I shake my head in disbelief and I look him in the eye. I get really close to him and stare into his eyes, he doesn’t flinch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliffhanger?