Status: Last update was 5/19/14, until now 11/5/16. I guess we're back up and running.

Who Am I?

Outside

I’m instantly hit with shivers, I’m not sure what the temperature is, but by the looks of other people, it’s probably in the mid 60s. People around me are wearing light zip up jackets and jeans. I kind of blend in with everyone else so I won’t be getting stare downs, because of my baggy appearance. I get cold very easily so when I go outside I have to wear more clothing than other people do. Others may be able to where sleeveless shirts and shorts in seventy degree weather, where I’ll be wearing a long sleeve shirt and capris. You see, I don’t like it when people stare at me like I’m going to infect them with the disease I have. People gawk at me when they see my body, I put on the, 'what the hell you lookin’ at?' face, but it still hurts sometimes. I know there’s something wrong with me, but you don’t need to point it out, or make me feel anymore like shit than I make myself feel.

I walk down the crumbling sidewalk until the sidewalk meets the street where there’s a cross walk. I wait for the signal to tell me to go, and then I proceed across the street and down the next sidewalk that’s in better shape than the last.

Oh the smells, sounds and sights of the outside. The breeze lightly flurries my thin black hair and there’s a gust of exhaust, cigarette smoke and greasy hotdogs. It makes my stomach churn so I walk to the nearest convenient store. I feel eyes on me although no one probably looked at me when I entered, I'm very self conscious. There’s about five customers and two employees in here. I need gum, but I have no money. I walk through the store, heart thumping from the anticipation of what I am about to do.

I haven’t stolen in a long time, I never really liked doing it, but I don’t know if I can go back out smelling food, grease and nauseating fumes. I sigh, take a deep breath and walk over to the aisle where the gum and candy is. I pick up the Orbit Wintermint gum and turn it over in my hands. I look over at the cashiers behind the counter they’re talking to each other and one employee is ringing up a customer. I quickly stuff the gum into my back pocket and my heart thuds even harder. I walk into the back of the store realizing I also have no water and I grab a bottle of Pure Life. I pull it down in front of me and then I open the door again, pretend to put the water back, but I quickly put the water into my hoodie’s pocket. I do my best to not sprint out of the store. Once I make it out of the store there’s a yell, I panic and walk quicker almost on the verge of running.

“Hey, come back here!” a male’s voice yells behind me.

I begin to run, but the person is closer than I think and he runs in front of me and puts his hands on my shoulders making me stop.

“Let me go, I’m sorry I’ll give the stuff back just don’t call the cops,” I sputter, literally flipping the fuck out.

“Winter?” he asks in a shocked tone.

I look up at him to see a face faintly familiar, but I really don’t remember who it is, but he obviously knows me.