Sequel: Road to Nowhere
Status: In Progress... updates are random

The Great Escape

Super Senses

"Bailee"

I was so cold. My hands and feet were numb, my body was non-moving, and I swear the only thing that kept me alive was that tube shoved down my throat. Any muscle I had I couldn’t move. If I tried to swallow, I’d feel that tube, and I couldn’t help but silently gag.

My eyes were sewn shut, so I couldn’t open them. I wanted to cry, but I couldn’t. I didn't understand why I’m here. My body was being strapped down on some hospital bed, no source of heat to help me stay warm. The last memory I had was walking down the street with my two best friends before a bag was thrown over my head and I was shoved into a vehicle.

I heard a clink of a metal latch before light was shown brightly over my sewn eyelids, “Sir, is there any changes in her DNA?”

“I don’t know. Lucy… bring it out.”

“Is she awake? Should we check her ears before we start?” Lucy asked.

“Better yet, should we wear ear protection?”

“No, we can’t hear this noise. Only this one can. Turn it on. Let's see if we get a reaction.”

I heard a click. At first I didn’t hear anything, but then I did. If you’ve ever heard the brakes of a car, that loud, ear shattering screeching sound; this was something like that. Only a thousand times worse. I felt my hands jerk, and I tried to move my arms so I could cover my ears. It was so loud. I felt my throat goggle, causing me to start choking with the tube in my mouth, “Lucy! Lucy! Stop! She’s choking!”

I felt the tube being ripped out from my throat. I coughed, gasping for air, which was stale and tasted of chemicals. I coughed again, tasting the foul air of the odors that slipped through my nose and throat. I s gagged, wanting out of here.

“What’s going on? Why is she doing this?”

“She smells the IV’s chemicals!”

“How is that possible? They’re completely odorless!”

“Shut up! What do you expect! She’s been tested with super senses. This is going great.”

“Stick that tube back in her throat before she starts to hurt herself.”

I felt the tube insert my throat and I stopped coughing. The air went to my lungs like it was water. My hands twitched I didn’t know what to do. “Put her to sleep. I believe she’s ready to go.”

Holly… Izzy… I thought as I felt the tears spring to my eyes, Where are you?

Bailee? I heard a voice in my head.

Before I could even reply to the voice in my head, my mind went into darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just to get something straight, this story is represent in multiple point of views. So you won't get confused, i placed the name of the corresponding person at the beginning of the chapter!

Anyways! The development is kind of slow but it's worth it! Also the POVs are mainly in three girl's POVs.