Sequel: Road to Nowhere
Status: In Progress... updates are random

The Great Escape

Is It Really That Bad?

“Bailee”

Food was an awesome solution to our little training problem, but it wasn’t until halfway through my meal when I realized, “Guys! What are we doing here?”

“To eat, obviously,” Izzy said, taking a bite at her chicken.

Holly lowered her spoon, as if just realizing, “Oh…”

Yeah, we were too busy trying to get out of the test thing not to even realize we were brought here as test subjects, “Well, it wasn’t like they’re treating us bad… necessarily. I mean, if you think about it, these powers or whatever we have are pretty sweet. The food’s awesome-”

“You don’t get the fact that we’ve been kidnapped from our hometown, forced under surgery for all of this. We never agreed to any of this, and they give us food and treat us nicely as if we did. I don’t like it,” I said, setting my fork down.

“You have a point,” Izzy said after a moment, “but still, there are good sides as well as downsides to all of this. We’re powerful and we have these super cool techniques that we only read about in books and watch in movies. It's crazy! You’d think it’s impossible, and we may have been the unlucky few that have been kidnapped, but we’re also the lucky few to experience the new power.”

“Well, you both have equal points,” Holly said, not necessarily picking a side.

“Think about it, Bailee,” Izzy said, leaning forward on the table, “Do you really regret having these powers? We can do a lot of stuff with this. We could be superheroes or something.”

“Well, no, but-” I started.

“Bailee,” Holly said, making me look over at her, “If we have these powers, we could do a lot of good things, whether if it’s saving a life or finding a key to a door.”

We couldn’t help but laugh slightly at the small joke, but I got their points. Sure, there were a lot of negative effects to this, and if I was at home now, I’d probably be studying for an exam for school.

I grabbed my fork and started to eat again. Yeah, the stuff we went through today was something special and even if our lives were at risk a few times, it felt… natural. It was so much better than that bland life we had to go through before. That being staying home and studying for school, while now, we could learn about our powers and try to adapt to this new environment. “I mean, even the doctors seem nice,” I gave in, smiling at my friends.

“Atta girl!” Izzy said, taking a mouth full of chicken and slamming it into her mouth.

I guess it wouldn’t be so bad, I thought, as long as I get to keep these super cool powers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh Izzy the mind blower.. o.O even Holly agrees with her reasoning lol

thanks for reading blah blah blah