Sequel: Road to Nowhere
Status: In Progress... updates are random

The Great Escape

The First...

“Bailee”

It’s been six months since we’ve been here, and the whole facility seemed to fill up quickly with kids of all ages. The youngest kid I saw was about four years old. She had the ability to change her disguise, but it required her to eat a piece of their DNA. Yeah, that’s freaky.

The oldest we’ve seen was an 18 year old boy, a loner type guy, who hung by himself at a table in a corner. The next oldest was Izzy for all I knew. There were too many people to keep up with. Not many people were hostile toward others, only a few who had a swelled head, thinking they had the most unique power, which was to be expected.

Yes, Izzy almost got into a fight with a few of them, and even though she’s strong, it took over half of the kid’s here to force her down. Finally, the four year old girl, she managed to eat a piece of Izzy’s hair, and change into her temporarily. She held her back long enough to calm her down. Yes, disgusting, but she was a life saver- literally.

“Why is it like this?” Holly said, “It’s high school all over again- only more diverse.”

“It wasn’t too bad at first, but it’s getting worse and worse.”

“It’s not like we had a choice in the matter,” Jason said, “Each week their coming up with new techniques.”

“Once they run out they’ll begin on the upgrades,” Tina took note also.

“Yeah, we’re only the first Generation.” Jason said.

“Well,” Tina debated, “not technically, they’ve had others. We’re just the first successful generation.”

“Please spare the details,” I said, rubbing my temple.

It had to be obvious there were previous experiments before us, and to think we were the first successful ones, well, yeah, it makes you think. “Anyways,” Holly said, changing the subject, “This just came to my mind, but we pretty much know everyone’s power.”

“Yeah,” Izzy said, “And? Oh! Are you talking about that guy over there? He’s the only one I’ve seen who hasn’t shown his power.”

“I’m curious,” Tina said, “There’s just so many different types. I’m curious about his.”

“Want to go ask?” I asked.

“He might ignore us and bite us away. Who knows, maybe he’s part shark,” Izzy said, then laughed.

“Izzy! It’s not funny. The guy’s lonely. He needs a friend,” Holly said, looking behind her.

I raised an eye at her, then I looked at Izzy, who was grinning. “Do I hear a crush?” Izzy taunted, leaning on the table.

Holly flushed, “No! I’m just concerned!”

“Oh, come on, Izzy,” I said, patting my friend’s shoulder, “Give her a break, it’s her first extraterrestrial crush!”

We both snickered. “Oh, hush!” She spat, and got up, “I’m going over there, much help you two are.”

“Aw, come on, Holly!” Tina said, smiling, “You know they’re just teasing.”

Holly rolled her eyes, and walked over to the boy.

“Wait, this is just me thinking out loud-” Izzy said, then looked over at Jason and Tina, she whispered in my ear, “What if they had babies?”

I started to laugh, and Izzy said something about Holly hearing them. We laughed, and may have been one of the nice days, asides from all the training that wore us down frequently.
♠ ♠ ♠
My God, since school started i haven't had time for anythingggg -.- like right now the only thing going through my head is CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY -.-"" my teacher is crazy cuz she gives like three assignments in one day and it sucks that i have her last period.. or maybe not depending on what ;o im sure most of you can relate... lol thanks for reading :P i'll try TRY TRYYYY to update more often i also have to go through therapy and crap too sooo it's going to be hard

okayyy that's all for nowww