Sequel: Road to Nowhere
Status: In Progress... updates are random

The Great Escape

The Little Girl

“Izzy”

Asides from learning about Cam’s metal bending, I’ll have to say that was probably one of the best days of my life. After that incident, we stayed over at his table. He talked to us a lot, though he didn’t really talk about his life or anything. There was a lot to learn with the guy, and then came the eighth month mark of our stay, and a few more people came in.

“What is this?” Bailee said, resting her head on her fist, “We got people doing jumping jacks at a million miles per hour.”

“I don’t find it special at all. If I were them, I’d be taking in a lot of calories,” Holly said, while eating, “They’re body burns more energy than they take in.”

The facility seemed to come up more and more outrageous powers. Tina talked to the little four year old, whose name we found out was Jenna, and she started to eat with us. She was an adorable little girl, although she didn’t eat her meat for some reason. “Are you a vegetarian?” I asked her one day.

“Yeah,” She said, taking a bite from her banana, “If I eat meat, I’ll turn into an animal.”

“But it’s crazy, there‘s no way the meats can have DNA in it,” Bailee said.

“Everything has a sense of heredity, living that is. Plants, animals, humans…” The four year old explained.

“So why do you only eat vegetables?” I asked, “Won’t your turn into a corn on a cob or something?”

She laughed, “No, no, I only change when I want to.”

The four year old was way beyond her years, I thought. Jenna was a sweet girl, and very smart we all knew. She even had Cam fascinated by her knowledge. He talked to her a lot, and she had a lot to say, about the facility and everything. She had her theories, and her info. She shared with us what she knew, and what she found out.

“I’ve only noticed lately, but the only place we may get any privacy is probably here in the cafeteria,” She said on a Thursday.

“Why’s that?” Cam asked.

“The noise, it gets very loud, so it blocks out most other peoples voices, also, if Holly could connect us together, they can’t catch us what we think through our brains.”

“Unless they did some weird surgery,” Holly said.

Jenna shook her head, “No, there are chips in our heads, and it sends electrical signals to it, telling the white coats whether or not we’re having health issues relating to our powers.”

“Is that it, so it won’t like, do back up on our daily lives or anything?” Jason asked.

Jenna shook her head, “No, if they did that, they could wipe out our memories doing that. It’s not simple enough to just take your memories and do back up. They’d have to copy them first-”

We heard the usual bell go off, indicating the end of lunch. The girls stayed together, except Jenna, who was supposed to be in a different wing, but she followed us anyways, “Anyways, Holly, you should practice on communicating between multiple persons mind. It’ll take time, but you can do it.”

“How do you even know if she can do it?” I asked her.

“She’s a mind reader, it’s possible to train your brain to do what you want it to. Like you, Izzy, since you’re strong, you’d make a great fighter and destructor. Your strong body enables you to go to those extremes, but you’re still human, we don’t know if you can survive a gunshot- being that as an example. You could practice your body to ignore the pain, but it all starts up here.” The little girl tapped her head.

“Then what about me?” Bailee said.

“You’re sensitive to your surroundings and your body. You hear whatever conversation that may be placed miles away, but I’m sure if you can control your concentration, you could block out all other senses and focus on one, or even block out all other conversations and such, just so you can focus on that one thing.”

“That sounds logical, but how would we do it?” I asked.

“Research it. There are lots of people doing it around the world. I need to go, so I can write in my journal.” Jenna said, and turned around to leave.

The girl gave some good advice a lot, and I think it was her that got us motivated to do these kinds of research. We were allowed to ask for items, and we did, asking specifically for certain things, and we did add that we wanted valid research, so we would do these things. It may enhance our powers to be even stronger, and we could train our bodies to do just what we wanted.

Ah, and boy, did it help a lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
o.o