Sequel: Road to Nowhere
Status: In Progress... updates are random

The Great Escape

Nikk Sanders

“Bailee”

Driving became a sore job, and we only had four people to switch off between. A few times we stopped so we could stretch, and we let the kids sit up front a few times. We had to get to Illinois in three days in the least, and that meant a constant driving. Cam was in charge of the phone now, so he gave directions.

We drove and drove, and continued to drive for a while. Two long days went by; no cops, nor scientist, came after us. That was a good thing for us. Whenever we hit the borderline of Illinois, Cam took the wheel and he drove on the roads like a pro. He went on back roads, exceeded the speed limit, and what would have taken us four hours to drive there, only took us two. Which, believe me, is very nice indeed.

We made it to a good size apartment and made an attempt to get out of the SUV. Cam knocked on the door with us right behind him, ready to go inside. The door opened, showing a shaggy black haired guy with a five o’clock shadow coming on. He couldn’t have been much older than Cam by a few years.

The boy stared at Cam confused for a second, and then he smiled, “Oh! Cam, I didn’t recognize you for a second there.”

They did one of those hugs brothers usually did, involving a handshake and a slap on the back, “Come in, come in! I know you guys have a job for me to do.”

We all followed Cam in. The brother smiled as we came in. He had a laid back attitude, and immediately Izzy started to talk to him. I had a good look at him, and I realized that if the guy took his beard off, he’d look very similar to Cam. “If you guys know Cam well enough, you can call me Nikk. I’m sure you’ve heard all about my achievements.”

“What? About your little deal with hacking into the school’s system?” Holly asked, grinning some.

“Oh was that all? Sure, but that was in my early days of hacking. I’ve moved on since then.”

And with that, I didn’t want to know the kind of things he hacked into. We sat each of us in a table, and ran some sort of metal detector over us. I went last, and he slowly ran over my head and arms, “Strange… it doesn’t seem you have one,” He said.

“It may be possible they had to put something else, because her brain will be very sensitive to other actions with her heightened senses,” Jenna commented.

“True…” He noted, and then grabbed a flashlight.

He shined them in my eyes, making me flinch, “Sorry, honey, but I’m seeing if they somehow placed a film in you.”

I tried to stay still as he looked, and as close as he was getting to me, I did my best not to feel awkward. It was kind of weird to have a guy that close to your face. “I think I see it… but I’m not sure,” He clicked the light away and threw the flashlight on the table, “It’s a simple film they used on her. I’m sure she could feel it if she concentrated.”

Well, I couldn’t, I thought. I rubbed my eyes, feeling him pat my head, “I may have to start on this girlie first though, bub, as much as I’d like to get that chip out of you, hers is way more complicated, and may take time.”

“Are you going to do it?” I asked, rubbing a few tears from my eyes. That light really hurt.

“No, no,” He said, “I’m not that good. I have a friend who can help. She’s one of the best surgeons around. Plus, she owes me a small favor.” He held his finger and thumb out.

“How’s that?” Cam asked.

“Hacked into her ex-old man’s bank account, she got over a quarter million dollars,” He said, cracking up some, “Though he blamed her, they couldn’t find any proof she did it.”

“That’s crazy!” Izzy said.

Nikk leaned against the table next to me, “What can I say? I’m just that good.”

Holly asked if she could cook us all a meal, he didn’t mind, but she’d have to go to the store and get real food. The guy apparently lived off fast food. Cam just looked at him, disgusted.

Wow, what a family, I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I did some major changes to characters again x.x" Feel free to check them out. I only changed them to be modeled off an actor/actress so in the sequel i can change their appearances slightly... Thank you for reading! :) I'll keep you updated~