Sequel: Road to Nowhere
Status: In Progress... updates are random

The Great Escape

To Get The Job Done

"Holly"

After Cam came back with the food, he helped me set up the kitchen. We cooked, and he was constantly showing me where the ingredients were. We cooked enough for everybody. During the time, the kids, Bailee, and Izzy were watching TV, and Nikk was calling up his friend while he constantly checked his drawls for something.

Dinner was done, and everyone came cramming in to eat. We all did eat, in fact, quickly. Nikk came in last and got his plate quietly, then went back to work. Everyone was like that until late, then we all crowded in the living room taking whatever space we could, and passed out.

I felt somebody try to wake me up. When I did, Nikk was standing over me, “Hey, come with me for a little bit, I’m going to check the chip.”

I rubbed my eyes and got up, “And wake up Bailee,” He added, “I need her too.”

I rubbed Bailee’s shoulder gently, “Bailee…” I murmured.

“What…?” She said, yawning.

“Nikk wants to see us.”

She nodded, and stretched. We left the living room to his office, where he was typing away on the computer. “What are you going to do?” Bailee asked, yawning loudly.

“Well, I thought I’d go ahead and see if I can get into Holly’s chip. It’s in the back of her brain, so it shouldn’t be long.”

I sat down on a chair and he came up behind me. “Put your hair up.”

He gave me a hair tie, and I did as he said. He stuck some wires to my head and one on my chest. I could hear my heart beat on a monitor hidden somewhere. He sat back down on the computer tapping away on the keyboard. Bailee stood beside him, watching him, “The chip has its own original coding to it, something that must have been hand made by a person from the facility.”

“I searched into some files finding one of the head Techs in the facility- Raymond Smith. He made this invention his self, and the security’s not that tight at all.”

“Why not? Wouldn’t you want the best security on it?”

“You would think, but from what Cam told me, there will be thousands of people with these chips, which means you’d have to have a thousand codes memorized and such. Those white coats have better things to do than worry about a simple code,” He held up a chip of his own, “But just in case, I’m going to send a copy of the program in her chip and place it in this one.”

He turned to me, “Holly, be ready, I’m going to be making copy, and then I’m going to short out the chip in your brain. It’ll only hurt for a second, but just to be sure, don’t freak out.”

He turned back to his computer, typing away, “It’ll take a few minutes. Bailee, will you go get Izzy? She’ll be next.”

“Okay.”

She left. Leaving me and Nikk alone, “So, I hear Cam has a thing for you- and vice versa,” He said, grinning in my direction.

I blushed, and looked away, “That’s a bunch of bull.”

He was Cam’s brother, I thought, why would he care if Cam liked me or not? I mean, was it really any of his business. Why was I thinking about this? Cam and I have only known each other for a few months. There was nothing special between us. Not that I knew of anything. I yawned- it was way too late to be thinking about this.

I felt a sudden shock on my head, making me flinch, “Ow…” I said, touching the back of my head.
Nikk pulled the wires off of me, “Done. You can go back to bed if you want.”

Izzy came in, staggering to me. I grabbed her and set her down where I was. Izzy dozed off in the chair, “Might as well hook her up,” Bailee said, “She’ll probably sleep through the whole thing.”

Nikk did, and I headed into the living and sat down where I was sleeping at, which was close to Cam-

“No, don’t think about it now.” I muttered, “Too late.”

I lied down, and attempted to fall asleep. That was until I heard Izzy scream.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I've started on the sequel to this story already :) I'm really loving this story and it's development. I actually wanted to say that I'm going through this story on Mibba and editing the chapters. Some of the chapters already say it's edited, but that's not entirely true. So far, I've only messed with the grammer structure, but now I'm actually rereading through the story and making word choice corrections and such. It's nothing big, but I figured I'd let you know if you wanted to go back and check it out? So far I've fixed it up to chapter 6 :D!

Thanks for reading my fellow citizens :D

Feedback is highly appreciated! <3