Sequel: Road to Nowhere
Status: In Progress... updates are random

The Great Escape

Surgery

“Bailee”

Getting surgery on my eyes again was a little nerve wracking. “I have some morphine, and enough anesthesia to keep her asleep, but do to her power, I don’t think the medication will last long.”

I didn’t care as long as they got this done and over with. I was nervous and I hoped this doctor was good. “How long?” I asked, playing with my fingers and feeling my blood pressure rise.

There was a small laugh and Nikk came over and put his arms over my shoulder, “No need to be nervous, sweet cheeks! I told you before this woman is the best surgeon there is, no?”

“Never mind that, Nikk. Do you have a room in this house that isn’t so contaminated? Though I highly doubt she’ll get infections from this.”

“Yeah, let’s head to the bedroom.”

We did, and from there they had a table for me to lie on. An IV was hooked up to my arm and from there she put the anesthesia in me. I felt my eyes blur and I closed my eyes, feeling the darkness.

***


When I woke up, I was on a bed. I saw I was in the same room and there was an eye patch over my eye. I was lying on my side so I sat up, and I noticed there was another person next to me. It was Nikk and I could smell soap coming from him. He was clean shaven and I felt my face grow hot knowing that we were actually in the same bed.

I couldn’t help but study him though. His hair had a slight wave to it and it fell over his face in an attractive way. He had on different clothes. The tank top he wore showed the outline of the muscles I never noticed he had before. I shook my head, I really needed to get out of this bedroom.

Before I could slide out of the bed, a hand had a hold of my arm, “Where do you think you’re going?”

His voice was gruff and heavy with from sleep. It sounded… I closed my eyes tightly forcing my head to shut up, “Living room.”

“In that?” He asked.

I looked down and saw that I only had on a huge t-shirt. My face went hot again, “Where’s my clothes?”

“The first time you woke up, you pride the needle out of your arm and spilt the crap all over your clothes. I honestly didn’t see the point in putting you in a shirt but Randy insisted. Your clothes are being washed,” He chuckled, “Your friends don’t know about it though. What would they think if you walked out of a man’s bedroom with that on?”

I turned and saw he was on his elbow, “Just go back to sleep, everyone else is. Your clothes will be done by morning.”

He had on a smile and he lost the cocky attitude. I had to admit I was still tired too, especially after helping him with the others.

I slid back under the covers and kept my distance, “Fine.”

“Are you embarrassed?” He asked.

My back was to him, and I really didn’t want to face him, “Most definitely.”

I heard a soft chuckle, “G’night sweet cheeks.”

I did my best to ignore his presence for the rest of the night. Of course that was a big fail.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nikk is one cheeky bastard. Poor little Bailee.