Sequel: Road to Nowhere
Status: In Progress... updates are random

The Great Escape

Pirate Bay

“Holly”

The next morning we all saw Bailee come out with the eye patch, so Izzy just had to start talking like a pirate. Now that the chips were past us, we got together to talk about a game plan. “What do we do now? I guess since we don’t have to worry about the chips we have some freedom in our hands.”

“Now, now, young ones. You guys have been reported missing for quite some time – ranging from over a year to six months. The moment somebody reports you found those white coats will be up your tail before you know it,” Nikk said, walking out of the kitchen with a cup of coffee in hand.

He sat down and the rest of us just looked at each other with crushed hopes. Nikk grabbed a laptop that Izzy was on the day before and started to do some research, “Of course, your faces may very well be forgotten. You’re not the only kids missing either. I can create a new identity for you if necessary…”

He started typing away, “Yes, you guys haven’t been taken note of in the past three months. That means you’re safe for now as long as you keep a low profile…”

“Does that mean we can go see our families?” Tina asked, hope filling her voice.

“No, that’s definitely out of the question,” Cam said, “The fact of them seeing us again will only bring trouble. If word gets out we anywhere near our family, those scientist will be after us.”

Tina looked devastated, but nodded in understanding. I could see a spark of anger cross Jason’s face, and he stood, “You’re just getting cocky because you got to see your brother! What do you know?”

“Jason!” Izzy yelled, “Calm down!”

“Nikk even went through the trouble in helping us!” I added.

Jason made two fists at his side, “I don’t care! That’s his problem! Tina and I just want to go home-“

Tina rose at the last second and slapped him across the face. The room went silent and Jason slowly turned his head to stare at his sister in disbelief. He huffed and pushed past her toward the door. “Jason!” some of us called out.

“Leave me alone!” he yelled, slamming the door behind him.

“He’ll be back.” Nikk said, “It’s not like he has anywhere else to go.”

“I should really knock some sense into him,” Izzy muttered.

“Please refrain from any violence.” Jenna said.

I stared at Tina, who had a hand on her arm, feeling uncomfortable and insecure. “Tina?” I called out, “Why does he want to go home so bad?”

She jumped and scratched her head, “Um, well, he sort of has a girlfriend.”

“Ah! I see! The boy is heartbroken, right? Did they break up or something?” Izzy asked.

“No… um, well she did cheat on him…”

“Middle school drama,” Nikk said, “Wait till you get older. You’d take a little kiss over the things adults do these days,” He stopped talking for a second before he exclaimed, “That’s it! School! We can hide out somewhere and go to school! I can enroll myself as a teacher to keep an eye on you all… I’m a genius!”

He closed his laptop and forgot all about the cup of coffee he had, “I’ll be in my office if you need me.”

He was gone in a moment’s notice. Cam sighed, “I hate it when he gets these ideas.”

“Did he just basically decide himself that we’re going to school?” Bailee asked.

I looked into his mind to find that it was grinding gears to get paperwork done. I groaned, “You’ve got to be kidding me!”

And after five hours, Jason was back. We were eating when Nikk came flying out of the office with a stack of papers in hand, “We’re heading on the road tomorrow kiddos! I just got a job and you kids got school here in a few days.”

Great…