Sequel: Road to Nowhere
Status: In Progress... updates are random

The Great Escape

Test 1 Part B Level 2

{size=150]"Izzy"

Oh how I wished the stinking lights wouldn’t go out at a time like this. That was one thing that scared me, but then the ground started to move. I realized that it wasn’t an Earthquake as I felt the hair on my head lift as we slowly descended downward on the floor. “Congrats,” said a monotone voice through the intercom, “You’ve completed Test 1; Part A; Level 1. No ordinary human could have done this.”

It shut off and the ground stopped moving. The lights clicked back on, showing us in a different room. I looked around, noticing no windows this time. “Test 1; Part B; Level 2. You may proceed.”

Click.

“Wow, okay, now what?” I asked, looking at the tall boards in front of me.

“Oh dear…” Bailee said.

“A maze,” Holly sighed.

“Well, this is going to be easy,” I said starting forward toward the maze.

I stepped off the round platform we were on to the clear white tiled floor ahead of us. Once my full weight was on it, I heard a ding and I looked at the ground. My feet were glowing, “Whoa…” I said, amazed, taking a step forward.

“Izzy-” Holly started, reaching out.

“It’s a trap!” Bailee warned, doing the same.

That’s when I heard it. The very motion of my foot connecting to the floor and it sinking. I heard a thump. “Uh, oh,” I said, staring at the girls.

That’s when we all heard it, the rolling of something big. “Quickly, we need to get through the maze!” Bailee said, grabbing Holly by the arm while looking up.

They jumped off the platform, and a huge piece of concrete in the shape of a ball fell onto the platform. It landed with a loud thump, knocking all of us off our feet. It was barely big enough to fill the size of the room. “You have got to be kidding me,” I muttered, shocked.

I saw a digital timer on top of the thing, counting down from thirty, “Quick!” Holly said, getting up to her feet, “We got to go through the maze and get to safety before this thing squashes us.”

We all got up, running quickly. Holly took the lead. Bailee and I followed her as we ran through the maze. “Twenty more seconds!” I heard Bailee yell. I guess she could hear the timer count backwards.

I noticed as we were running Holly didn’t fail to stop at a dead end. We went in every direction that I could think of. And before I knew it, Bailee scream two words I would rather not hear on any given day, “It’s coming!”

“Crap!” I yelled, trying not to look behind me.

“Guys! I think we’re almost there!” Holly yelled.

We ran, hearing loud crashes of the crunching walls that seemed way too close behind us. “Okay, the next left and we’ll be out, but after that-” She pointed upward.

We turned left and saw a huge wall, above it, there was a flat spot: another platform. Our ticket to freedom of the huge concrete roller. It was way too high up for any normal person to jump, though, “Understood!” I yelled, “Grab on!”

The girls each swung an arm over my shoulder. I grabbed their waist, holding their weight. “Hold on!” I yelled, giving them a moment to prepare.

I heard the ball behind us and I knew it was gaining up on us. I pressed my feet down, using my strength to speed us up. In about seven steps, I put all my weight down, pushing forward with all the power I had. We went flying into the air for a long split-moment. We landed on the platform, and I let the girls go, “Nice!” Bailee breathed, looking behind her.

I turned around, seeing the ball roll to a stop and gently rested itself against the wall. We all took a minute to catch our breath. “Awesome, Holly, you managed to get through the maze without any trouble!” Bailee complimented, fist-bumping her friend.

"Nice jump," Holly said to me, slapping my shoulder.

I grinned, putting my hands on my hips.

“Congratulations,” The intercom said, “You managed to make it to the final round: Test 1; Part C; Level 3.”

Finally, I thought, spitting on the ground, it’s almost over.